PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer has become unbearable now

Firehorse
01-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Can't believe they still haven't patched it, haven't had a single game today where the host hasn't left or turned off their PS3 when they start doing badly.

In my opinion Treyarch should have done this: have dual hosts, where the host copies the actions over to the secondary host which would be able to take over swiftly should the other host leave. I don't mind if i'd lose a second or so of the game I played if it meant I could finish it.

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread closed due to a bump.

dbgtz
01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I can't stand black ops anymore, it's so boring generally as well as annoying in terms of hosts.

Chris
01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I dont seem to have this issue. Are you on ps3?

Nemo
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Can't believe they still haven't patched it, haven't had a single game today where the host hasn't left or turned off their PS3 when they start doing badly.

In my opinion Treyarch should have done this: have dual hosts, where the host copies the actions over to the secondary host which would be able to take over swiftly should the other host leave. I don't mind if i'd lose a second or so of the game I played if it meant I could finish it.

I dont seem to have this issue. Are you on ps3?
Yep he is.

Never have this issue, another perk of xbox live :>

Chris
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah people where saying how black ops on ps3 is not up to the quality it should be and that people want refunds.

triston220
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
My games have been mainly lag free lately, which is good.

Firehorse
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
How on earth is that a perk of xbox live? The multiplayer connections work exactly the same way for both consoles.

Nemo
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
How on earth is that a perk of xbox live? The multiplayer connections work exactly the same way for both consoles.
Then why have i experienced no issues whatsoever with hosts on xbl? No need to get angry.

matt$
01-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Nah when i had black ops on xbox it'd drop hosts quite often causing the whole game to end which could get annoying why didnt they just take what mw2 did and add that with a few improvements, yeah u had to wait a while but it didnt lead to the entire game ending.

Ardemax
01-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I too have xbl and it becomes a regular situation where the game would simply lose connection to the host because they have dashboarded, or something of the sort.

getting frustrated a bit now.

might just stay on gta for a bit :D

redtom
01-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Its on the xbox aswell, must have been lucky to have missed it so far.

Firehorse
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Its on the xbox aswell, must have been lucky to have missed it so far.

That, or he's just trying to make xbox look better than ps3 :/

Moh
02-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I get this all the time to. Takes me about 10 mins to get into a working match sometimes :l

Chris
02-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Apart from the occasional lag that all games have, I have not got this problem. Is it just extreme lag all of the time?

Firehorse
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Apart from the occasional lag that all games have, I have not got this problem. Is it just extreme lag all of the time?

No, it's the host leaving the game when they do badly. The host migration takes longer and as soon as they see it they turn off their console. So I end up losing my score, if it was a wager I can lose up to 30k currency too.

Camy
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
No, it's the host leaving the game when they do badly. The host migration takes longer and as soon as they see it they turn off their console. So I end up losing my score, if it was a wager I can lose up to 30k currency too.
:S

It saves you're stats when you get kicked out, you just don't get the match bonus, and you get the cod points you wagered back after the game, on the xbox anyway. Don't know about ps3, I've not played it quite as much on the ps3 as xbox.

redtom
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you dont get your Cod points back from wager matches when the host rage quits.

Nemo
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure you dont get your Cod points back from wager matches when the host rage quits.
I've received them back before, usually takes a few minutes though

Firehorse
02-01-2011, 07:25 PM

yeh but what if you were first and about to win? pissed then.

Camy
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
yeah, that's what I meant.

yeh but what if you were first and about to win? pissed then.
and thats the way it goes unfortunately. that's the only real problem I have with the game, is the people playing it, and the lack of dedicated servers. the ammount of money activision are making from the cod series they could easily afford them, even if they're was like an extra £5 on the cost of the game I wouldn't mind.

samsaBEAR
04-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I've had them come back, it usually takes an hour or so for me

dbgtz
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
yeah, that's what I meant.

and thats the way it goes unfortunately. that's the only real problem I have with the game, is the people playing it, and the lack of dedicated servers. the ammount of money activision are making from the cod series they could easily afford them, even if they're was like an extra £5 on the cost of the game I wouldn't mind.

no, they just added £5 to the RRP without adding dedicated servers.

samsaBEAR
06-01-2011, 01:11 AM
What the actual ******* **** is up with napalm? It ******* gets you even if you're inside

Ardemax
06-01-2011, 07:26 PM
things i dont get is yeah why does the napalm and mortars (occassionaly) blow you up when you're inside?

also rolling thunders don't destroy buildings, they just kill everything inside... mmm... yeah right

samsaBEAR
06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Rolling thunder is a piss take, I don't get why Treyarch would allow a killstreak to just ignore buildings. also, why can't you queue air support, its so annoying when you can't call in attack helis coz your teammate already has one out

Camy
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
no, they just added £5 to the RRP without adding dedicated servers.
I never said they added £5, I payed less for this game than I had to for MW2. I said I wouldn't mind them adding another £5 if we got dedicated servers.

What the actual ******* **** is up with napalm? It ******* gets you even if you're inside
The first pro perk i go for when i prestige is flak jacket pro, because of napalms and random nades, its such a good perk, although they nerfed it against rc cars recently :(

things i dont get is yeah why does the napalm and mortars (occassionaly) blow you up when you're inside?

Most buildings have a few holes in the roof so it can get in, annoying i know, but i guess if its meant to be a warzone the roofs wont be perfect.

also rolling thunders don't destroy buildings, they just kill everything inside... mmm... yeah right

Rolling thunder is a piss take, I don't get why Treyarch would allow a killstreak to just ignore buildings. also, why can't you queue air support, its so annoying when you can't call in attack helis coz your teammate already has one out
I don't think they want them to ignore buildings, I think they would love the buildings to be destroyed by them, its just because the cod engine runs at 60 fps it cant handle destruction of buildings and stuff, to be fair the size of the bombs it drops would annihilate the buildings in real life.
I agree with you about the choppers, the only problem with that is, you could just be running about then its time for your chopper gunner to come in, so you stop to go into it, but you could be in the middle of the map.

samsaBEAR
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't think they want them to ignore buildings, I think they would love the buildings to be destroyed by them, its just because the cod engine runs at 60 fps it cant handle destruction of buildings and stuff, to be fair the size of the bombs it drops would annihilate the buildings in real life.
I agree with you about the choppers, the only problem with that is, you could just be running about then its time for your chopper gunner to come in, so you stop to go into it, but you could be in the middle of the map.
I didn't mean like seriously are Treyarch making them ignore buildings, it just seems that way. You could literally run into a building as soon as you hear the announcement, be away from all doors and windows, and it still gets you. If this was Battlefield, with destructible buildings and stuff, I'd totally understand, but it's not.
For the air support queueing, I literally just meant Attack Choppers because, like you said, you might have to stop in the middle of the map for a Chopper Gunner/Gunship. I don't really put on the high kill streaks, so not being able to call in the better helicopters doesn't annoy me, but it's a pisstake when you get an Attack Chopper almost before the end, and because someone else's could be leaving, you can't call it in. It should be like MW2, it queues up the air support and then if the game ends, you still get the experience for calling it in.

Camy
09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I didn't mean like seriously are Treyarch making them ignore buildings, it just seems that way. You could literally run into a building as soon as you hear the announcement, be away from all doors and windows, and it still gets you. If this was Battlefield, with destructible buildings and stuff, I'd totally understand, but it's not.
For the air support queueing, I literally just meant Attack Choppers because, like you said, you might have to stop in the middle of the map for a Chopper Gunner/Gunship. I don't really put on the high kill streaks, so not being able to call in the better helicopters doesn't annoy me, but it's a pisstake when you get an Attack Chopper almost before the end, and because someone else's could be leaving, you can't call it in. It should be like MW2, it queues up the air support and then if the game ends, you still get the experience for calling it in.
I think they have made them ignore buildings is what i meant actually lol, they just can't show destruction because of the engine. And yeah I thought thats what you meant, i was just saying. I don't get why they don't just let them queue up, it is really annoying not being able to call them in and get the xp.

Toxicc
25-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Yep he is.

This Is why people should get Xbox live instead. :]

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't bump old threads! Closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!