PDA

View Full Version : Post Your threads

Recursion
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
HELLO.

YES IT IS THAT TIME AGAIN, THE YEARLY DEBATE ABOUT POST YOUR THREADS.

Anyway, caps lock off now. Seriously I think we should keep them BUT any posts from say, when an announcement is posted onwards shouldn't count towards your postcount. I'm sure there's a plugin for vBulletin to do something like this on vBulletin.org.

Thoughts?

Nicola
01-01-2011, 11:25 PM
When these threads are moderated correctly I have no problem with them being there.

I think recently there's been a bit of uncertainty when it comes to dealing with them therefore I'm going to post up a new thread for the mods to remind them of how to deal with these kind of threads. Sometimes it can be a hard one to judge, especially with what action you need to take.

Hecktix
01-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Moderation seems to have softened up over the past year, back in the day when I was a mod if people did this we warned them then cautioned them if they continued, nowadays much less cautions etc are given out for spamming/pointless posting - I suppose some could call that a good thing however I think there is such thing as too much of a good thing :P

Nicola's reply is reassuring and I imagine she'll be whipping the smods into being a bit 'arder as it were!

Recursion
02-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Good to hear ;)

There's a fine line between spam and posting constructively in these kinds of threads, so it'll be nice to have a clearer idea here.

AgnesIO
02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
I agree with this - the POST YOUR threads such as watching, listening and eating generate VERY little discussion. But why is this? Because nobody gives a damn about what people are eating or listening to. The threads are simply there for postcount and I do ocassionally post in them myself if I am say 10 posts off an extra star.

The only thread that ALWAYS generates discussion is the POST YOUR SETUP thread - because people like discussing what different people have in their computers etc. The POST YOUR DESKTOP thread I can't really speak fo,r as I rarely post in there. I don't care what picture people have in tbheir desktop!

Wig44.
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Moderation seems to have softened up over the past year, back in the day when I was a mod if people did this we warned them then cautioned them if they continued, nowadays much less cautions etc are given out for spamming/pointless posting - I suppose some could call that a good thing however I think there is such thing as too much of a good thing :P

Nicola's reply is reassuring and I imagine she'll be whipping the smods into being a bit 'arder as it were!

How is moderating softer now than it was at any point in the past? You get cautioned or infracted for the tiniest things now. Calling someone an idiot for example. Moderating has never been in such a bad state on habbox as it has been the past year to year and a half.

AgnesIO
02-01-2011, 10:39 AM
How is moderating softer now than it was at any point in the past? You get cautioned or infracted for the tiniest things now. Calling someone an idiot for example. Moderating has never been in such a bad state on habbox as it has been the past year to year and a half.

Believe me, moderating is softer.

Catzsy
02-01-2011, 12:13 PM

I have seen no evidence of excessive cautioning at all since I came back. As far as calling somebody an idiot - the person would have had at least pm telling them not to be rude to others, followed by a warning. If the person hasn't got the message that being rude to people is against the rules by then they deserve the infraction. Calling somebody an idiot is not acceptable as far as I am concerned. If you are talking about calling somebody's post idiotic you are criticising the content and not the person concerned and that is a different matter.

The problem is these threads are very historic and I doubt if they would be 'stickied' nowadays.
Take the 'What are you listening to thread.' You can listen to a track of music every five minutes. You may suspect that the person is posting just to get the post count up but the fact is that is it possible so how can one penalise that? The same applies to most of these threads in that if the time gap is there or in the case of 'What are you watching' they could have changed the channel? Also there has been a great emphasis placed on getting the posts on the forum up in recent times which I do believe has contributed to this particularly in posting pointless threads which does seem to be under control again now. What's the way forward as you say making sure that there is no abuse in the threads that can be positively identified but they will always be the
easiest threads to raise post counts.

Jordy
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I actually think the moderation of these threads in recent times has been near enough spot on, not as soft or strict as they have been at times in the past.

This thread however is crossing a line, who gives a **** how many sugars people have in their tea? :p
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=681710&page=1

Calvin
02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I totally didn't get this thread yesterday haha, then I finally realised just now. Anyway, you should rename Discuss Anything to The Questionnaire as it's just full of threads with simple questions that you can only answer yes or no to. :P

Eoin247
02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Well that sugar thread should have been moved to spam anyway.

Maybe at least unstickie these threads as there doesn't seem to be any reason for them to be stickied

Neversoft
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Teeeeeeeeeell meeee, why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

Recursion
02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
We should just have a "post your" forum or something like for forum games lmao.

Sharon
03-01-2011, 02:03 AM
I actually think the moderation of these threads in recent times has been near enough spot on, not as soft or strict as they have been at times in the past.

This thread however is crossing a line, who gives a **** how many sugars people have in their tea? :p
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=681710&page=1

Hey that's my thread :l

I wanted to know because I think I use too much so I wanted to know if I'm the only one :S

;lllllllllllllll

---------- Post added 03-01-2011 at 02:05 AM ----------

Why is everyone targeting my thread when it's legit :S stop being such *****.

Forgive me for posting . . .

Rixion
03-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Hey that's my thread :l

I wanted to know because I think I use too much so I wanted to know if I'm the only one :S

;lllllllllllllll

---------- Post added 03-01-2011 at 02:05 AM ----------

Why is everyone targeting my thread when it's legit :S stop being such *****.

Forgive me for posting . . .

i think that thread is fine, it's a general discussion of what you like in your tea/coffee don't see whats wrong with it!

Eoin247
03-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Calm down, everybodies not targeting your thread, only two people mentioned it. :(

I don't personaly have a real problem with it, however i've seen more discussive threads in spam and do you think that lots of people posting "1 sugar'' or ''2 sugars'' essentially, isn't pointless?

Maybe the solution that will satisfy everybody with these threads is to limit how many times a day/week you post in it.

Catzsy
03-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Well that sugar thread should have been moved to spam anyway.

Maybe at least unstickie these threads as there doesn't seem to be any reason for them to be stickied

Well actually sometimes we wait to see what develops and the answers have generally been a lot more than one or two words which is okay allthough I do agree that it was in the marginal category. Also there is no bar as to what you can post in spam. It could be the most intellectual thread of the year. :P :D

AgnesIO
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Why not do the obvious which should have happened from the start:

PUT THEM IN A FORUM WITHOUT POST COUNT.

Believe, posting would decline in the lame threads.

Trinity
03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Why not do the obvious which should have happened from the start:

PUT THEM IN A FORUM WITHOUT POST COUNT.

Believe, posting would decline in the lame threads.

Because as you said, that would reduce posting, which is something no forum really wants. It's better if they leave the threads where they are, but try to encourage users to turn replies into interesting discussions and let the moderators deal with pointless replies.

AgnesIO
03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Because as you said, that would reduce posting, which is something no forum really wants. It's better if they leave the threads where they are, but try to encourage users to turn replies into interesting discussions and let the moderators deal with pointless replies.

Find me ten conversations in the last 1000 posts in the post what you are listening to. Bet you can't.

Users posting really isn't important if what is being posted is pointless. The ONLY thing it doesn't is make the stats look good.

Trinity
03-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Find me ten conversations in the last 1000 posts in the post what you are listening to. Bet you can't.

Users posting really isn't important if what is being posted is pointless. The ONLY thing it doesn't is make the stats look good.

I never said that thread had any conversations in it at all (although it might do, I haven't looked through it).
I also said that pointless posts should be dealt with, I didn't say that they should be left just to make stats look good.

If you read through my post again (I say 'again', but based on your reply I'm guessing you haven't read it yet anyway), you'll see that I said these Post Your threads should remain, but decent replies and discussions should be encouraged more. That way we end up with the same amount of posts (or perhaps even more), but all of them quality posts, rather than pointless post count increasers like we have at the moment.

Eoin247
04-01-2011, 05:01 AM
I never said that thread had any conversations in it at all (although it might do, I haven't looked through it).
I also said that pointless posts should be dealt with, I didn't say that they should be left just to make stats look good.

If you read through my post again (I say 'again', but based on your reply I'm guessing you haven't read it yet anyway), you'll see that I said these Post Your threads should remain, but decent replies and discussions should be encouraged more. That way we end up with the same amount of posts (or perhaps even more), but all of them quality posts, rather than pointless post count increasers like we have at the moment.

What could you do to encourage discussion in these threads though? As long as people get easy post count by saying for example ''rihanna -love the way you lie'', it's probably going to stay the same.

Josh
04-01-2011, 05:28 AM

In theory it sounds good, but would that work? I don't think so. People don't want to go there for others to see what they like, they go there to post just for post count.

Is there any point to keeping them except to make stats look nice? If people are genuinely interested in what others are listening to, they'll ask.

Also, am I allowed to go post in that thread 50+ times a day because I listen to heaps of music per day.

Hecktix
04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Also, am I allowed to go post in that thread 50+ times a day because I listen to heaps of music per day.

That would be abuse of such threads and you would get picked up on that.

Chippiewill
04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
That would be abuse of such threads and you would get picked up on that.

I do not see how quantity is relevant. Are you saying that if in a normal thread I make 50 quality posts I should be a penalised? It's the same situation. It's abuse whether in quantity or not.

xxMATTGxx
04-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I do not see how quantity is relevant. Are you saying that if in a normal thread I make 50 quality posts I should be a penalised? It's the same situation. It's abuse whether in quantity or not.

Well posting 50 times in a "Post what you are listening to" is surely doing it for post count purposes? Where as posting in a normal thread is where you are wanting to take part in the thread discussion and replying to other people and so on.

Josh
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Well posting 50 times in a "Post what you are listening to" is surely doing it for post count purposes? Where as posting in a normal thread is where you are wanting to take part in the thread discussion and replying to other people and so on.

But that's not happening?

Catzsy
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
But that's not happening?

Examples of what's not happening?

Hecktix
04-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Quantity is perfectly relevant, we don't mind having these sort of threads as long as they aren't abused.

Josh
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
Examples of what's not happening?

wanting to take part in the thread discussion and replying to other people and so on.

What thread discussion?

Chippiewill
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Quantity is perfectly relevant, we don't mind having these sort of threads as long as they aren't abused.

They're abused either way, if you make five posts in a thread per day multiply that by 300 and that's 1500 posts a year in a 'Post your' thread that you wouldn't penalise for. Quantity is irrelevant, it is abuse either way.

Catzsy
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
They're abused either way, if you make five posts in a thread per day multiply that by 300 and that's 1500 posts a year in a 'Post your' thread that you wouldn't penalise for. Quantity is irrelevant, it is abuse either way.

This thread is historic:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=566384
It was started on 03-03-2005. How is 5 posts a day abuse? - it quickly becomes apparent whether it is been abused or not because the member doesn't just confine their 'posting to get their post count up' to this forum its shows up all over the place. If you spend an hour on the forum then it is perfectly possible to listen to 5 tracks during this time. If you posted 50 times a day there then you would have to spend at least 4/5 hours on the forum which is somewhat unbelievable when confined to one thead. You can't say a member has abused the thread with 5 posts. He/she is perfectly entitled IMO to do so as it has been considered a valid thread for years.

Chippiewill
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
This thread is historic:
I have heard that before and I am frankly disgusted if the real reasoning behind letting that thread carry on is because it is 'historic'.

It was started on 03-03-2005. How is 5 posts a day abuse? - it quickly becomes apparent whether it is been abused or not because the member doesn't just confine their 'posting to get their post count up' to this forum its shows up all over the place. If you spend an hour on the forum then it is perfectly possible to listen to 5 tracks during this time. If you posted 50 times a day there then you would have to spend at least 4/5 hours on the forum which is somewhat unbelievable when confined to one thead. You can't say a member has abused the thread with 5 posts. He/she is perfectly entitled IMO to do so as it has been considered a valid thread for years.

a) A thread being constituted as 'valid' at one point does not give it immunity to the rules.
b) It is perfectly possible for me to listen to 50 songs in one day and whilst posting on habbox to respond to the thread to note that. It does not take 5 minutes to type '<artist> - <song>'
c) No one confines themselves to the threads, they majority post in 'Post Your threads', there are easily 10 of these threads permanently on the forum, this is the most abusable one because a song takes three minutes to listen to. Five posts per day in each of the 'abusable' ones (ie not post your desktop because you don't change your desktop hourly) could result in 25 (or more) POINTLESS posts per day that mods are allowing because they are supposedly 'historic threads'.

These threads break rules FACT

~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion.

a) These are designated as the noun 'threads'
b) In the thread 'What are you listening to? #2' people respond with one or two, occasionally a little more, word answers
c) There is little or no 'active discussion' in this thread and certainly does not promote it.

Look at this any way and it breaks rules.

Catzsy
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I have heard that before and I am frankly disgusted if the real reasoning behind letting that thread carry on is because it is 'historic'.

It may disgust you but it is a fact these threads have been allowed for years and no limit has ever been set on how many times they can post in a day except it obviously has to be 'believeable' i.e. it has to be possible, in the time they are on the forum, for them to be doing what they say they are doing otherwise it counts as 'posting just to get the post count up'. You may not like these threads however unless they are no longer allowed then it will remain this way subject to any changes Management make.

a) A thread being constituted as 'valid' at one point does not give it immunity to the rules.

Why doesn't it? The owners/ managers Habbox can run their forum as they see fit. We have different rules all over the forum - graphics, spam, welcome, Papoy, trading. These are all exceptions to the normal rules.

b) It is perfectly possible for me to listen to 50 songs in one day and whilst posting on habbox to respond to the thread to note that. It does not take 5 minutes to type '<artist> - <song>'

It does not take 5 minutes to type but there has to be a time gap there so
unless you were solidly on the forum for 4/5hours it would not be possible
as you have to listen to the tracks and tbh I do feel that would be counted as 'unbelievable'

c) No one confines themselves to the threads, they majority post in 'Post Your threads', there are easily 10 of these threads permanently on the forum, this is the most abusable one because a song takes three minutes to listen to. Five posts per day in each of the 'abusable' ones (ie not post your desktop because you don't change your desktop hourly) could result in 25 (or more) POINTLESS posts per day that mods are allowing because they are supposedly 'historic threads'.

Actually it is quite common for members to confine themselves to one or two forums and if they didn't it would soon become noticeable as it has many times in the past. If you feel that the majority do you always have the option of reporting that member on the post. How are the posts 'pointless' if they are on-topic with the thread? Whether the actual threads would be considered 'pointless' in modern day habbox is a different discussion altogether.

These threads break rules FACT
a) These are designated as the noun 'threads'
b) In the thread 'What are you listening to? #2' people respond with one or two, occasionally a little more, word answers
c) There is little or no 'active discussion' in this thread.

Look at this any way and it breaks rules.
That is obviously not a question I can answer as it would be up to 'Management' to decide whether or not they stay. But they are a part of Habbox and have been for a very long time so I would suggest a feedback thread to gauge the feelings of the members on it. There is not a tremendous amount of members in this thread saying they should be removed tbh.

These are my personal views on this but I obviously have to moderate in line as to what is decided by Management. Personally if members are active in the forum, enjoying themselves and not actually breaking any of the present rules I can't see a problem. Also, personally, any 'abuse' in posting has to be evidenced in my view not just penalised because we think or have an inkling they are just posting to get their post count up.

Chippiewill
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
It may disgust you but it is a fact these threads have been allowed for years and no limit has ever been set on how many times they can post in a day except it obviously has to be 'believeable' i.e. it has to be possible, in the time they are on the forum, for them to be doing what they say they are doing otherwise it counts as 'posting just to get the post count up'. You may not like these threads however unless they are no longer allowed then it will remain this way subject to any changes Management make.
They are not allowed under the currently defined pointless posting rule, it is merely a forum management inability to co-ordinate its moderators to do their job properly. Time limit is not exception and stop using it as some poorly conceived reason as to why these threads should be allowed.

Why doesn't it? The owners/ managers Habbox can run their forum as they see fit. We have different rules all over the forum - graphics, spam, welcome, Papoy, trading. These are all exceptions to the normal rules.
If an exception is required then make one, currently there is none.

It does not take 5 minutes to type but there has to be a time gap there so
unless you were solidly on the forum for 4/5hours it would not be possible
as you have to listen to the tracks and tbh I do feel that would be counted as 'unbelievable'
Sometimes I'll just play music for hours whilst I'm browsing the web or doing stuff, how does that make it 'unbelievable'. I would not have to be 'solidly' on habbox either, I could pop on for a couple of minutes a few times a day and easily achieve that.

Actually it is quite common for members to confine themselves to one or two forums and if they didn't it would soon become noticeable as it has many times in the past. If you feel that the majority do you always have the option of reporting that member on the post. How are the posts 'pointless' if they are on-topic with the thread? Whether the actual threads would be considered 'pointless' in modern day habbox is a different discussion altogether.
Yesterday 12:24 AM
Yesterday 12:41 AM
Yesterday 12:51 AM
Yesterday 12:56 AM

It is easily possible to get 10+ posts in that thread in a day because that's 4 posts in thirty minutes by one person without moderator intervention and is clear abuse of the thread.

That is obviously not a question I can answer as it would be up to 'Management' to decide whether or not they stay. But they are a part of Habbox and have been for a very long time so I would suggest a feedback thread to gauge the feelings of the members on it. There is not a tremendous amount of members in this thread saying they should be removed tbh.
Regardless, it is breaking a rules. Nor was what I wrote a 'question' it was a statement - a fact.

These are my personal views on this but I obviously have to moderate in line as to what is decided by Management. Personally if members are active in the forum, enjoying themselves and not actually breaking any of the present rules I can't see a problem. Also, personally, any 'abuse' in posting has to be evidenced in my view not just penalised because we think or have an inkling they are just posting to get their post count up.
I just explained why many of these threads are breaking 'present rules' so there is a problem you just fail to see it.

And it is evidenced, is there regular discussion in there on a regular basis? No! Consciously or unconsciously they are posting with the purpose of raising their post count because that is the only current motive for posting in that thread. Responding to posts in that thread is like reading a dictionary, there's only something to say when there's a rude word.

Catzsy
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
They are not allowed under the currently defined pointless posting rule, it is merely a forum management inability to co-ordinate its moderators to do their job properly. Time limit is not exception and stop using it as some poorly conceived reason as to why these threads should be allowed.

If an exception is required then make one, currently there is none.

The owners and all the forum managers since Habbox opened have allowed these threads to exist so you point about
forum management inability to co-ordinate its moderators to do their job properly. is a complete non-starter.

Sometimes I'll just play music for hours whilst I'm browsing the web or doing stuff, how does that make it 'unbelievable'. I would not have to be 'solidly' on habbox either, I could pop on for a couple of minutes a few times a day and easily achieve that.
Yesterday 12:24 AM
Yesterday 12:41 AM

It is easily possible to get 10+ posts in that thread in a day because that's 4 posts in thirty minutes by one person without moderator intervention and is clear abuse of the thread.

I think you will find that these threads are designed to be posted in when you are ON Habbox forum not for you to make a list and then post them. 10 posts a day equates to about an hour on the forum which to me is believable. If they want to keep popping on to listen and then to post their musical taste and there is a believeable and sufficient time gap then again what's the problem? As it happens I do not think for one minute that is what happens - that would take a lot of effort day in day out.

Regardless, it is breaking a rules. Nor was what I wrote a 'question' it was a statement - a fact.
I just explained why many of these threads are breaking 'present rules' so there is a problem you just fail to see it.

When government changes rules it is rarely retrospective so just because these threads break it now, which is a matter for Management, does not mean that they broke them then and in any event it is up to the owners/managers what is allowed or not.. I don't see a problem at all unless a person starts posting to unbelievable limits then something is done. As I said previously if you see it happening - report it.

And it is evidenced, is there regular discussion in there on a regular basis? No! Consciously or unconsciously they are posting with the purpose of raising their post count because that is the only current motive for posting in that thread. Responding to posts in that thread is like reading a dictionary, there's only something to say when there's a rude word.

It's your opinion that the only motive in posting in these threads is 'to raise their post count' - it is not necessarily the opinion of others or Management but we will wait to see what transpires. Perhaps members like to post their musical taste, show people their desktops, what they are eating and drinking. I really not see what the problem is.

As for 'unconsciously' posting to raise their post count that's a new one. I don't always agree in changes in moderation but I accept that, if it is changed, that's the way I have to moderate. Also nobody is going to please all members all the time, in any event.

Chippiewill
06-01-2011, 04:15 PM
The owners and all the forum managers since Habbox opened have allowed these threads to exist so you point about is a complete non-starter.
If a thread is breaking forum rules, as I have indicated, then that thread should be closed, no-brainer. As I have already said, just because it was allowed in the past should not make it exempt from change.

I think you will find that these threads are designed to be posted in when you are ON Habbox forum not for you to make a list and then post them. 10 posts a day equates to about an hour on the forum which to me is believable. If they want to keep popping on to listen and then to post their musical taste and there is a believeable and sufficient time gap then again what's the problem? As it happens I do not think for one minute that is what happens - that would take a lot of effort day in day out.
Because then at what point do you have the ability to decide who is posting out of their genuine music interests and who is not. I do not really care if it is genuine interest or not because no one cares about the content of that thread, not really, it's another post in the bank as it were.

In regards to sufficient time gap:

Is five minutes, for two posts that involve five second replies, I would regard that as abuse. Unless 'sufficient time gap' is now classed as "someone posting in-between" then posts like that need to be dealt with and moderators need to keep an eye out for that.

When government changes rules it is rarely retrospective so just because these threads break it now, which is a matter for Management, does not mean that they broke them then and in any event it is up to the owners/managers what is allowed or not.. I don't see a problem at all unless a person starts posting to unbelievable limits then something is done. As I said previously if you see it happening - report it. So what you're saying is that threads must now break two rules all of a sudden, because that's what it sounds like. This thread is breaking the rules, CLEARLY, therefore it is your job to close the thread or deal with it. Granted because the thread possibly may have been constructed before that aspect of the rule was implemented it may be difficult as a moderator to close it, however that is the purpose of THIS thread to have these threads closed. Granted this is a matter for the management now, however this is as good a place as any.

It's your opinion that the only motive in posting in these threads is 'to raise their post count' - it is not necessarily the opinion of others or Management but we will wait to see what transpires. Perhaps members like to post their musical taste, show people their desktops, what they are eating and drinking. I really not see what the problem is.People do not simply like to post their musical tastes etc. there must be a motive behind liking / wanting to do it. The only motive present in the thread is a boost to post count because the other usual motives, such as active discussion, are not present. THAT is the purpose of the aspect of the rule I indicated.

As for 'unconsciously' posting to raise their post count that's a new one.It might sound ridiculous however it is probable that on a conscious level they may enjoy posting in those threads but only because on an unconscious level they are happy they have increased their post count.

Catzsy
06-01-2011, 05:35 PM
If a thread is breaking forum rules, as I have indicated, then that thread should be closed, no-brainer. As I have already said, just because it was allowed in the past should not make it exempt from change.

Because then at what point do you have the ability to decide who is posting out of their genuine music interests and who is not. I do not really care if it is genuine interest or not because no one cares about the content of that thread, not really, it's another post in the bank as it were.

In regards to sufficient time gap:

Is five minutes, for two posts that involve five second replies, I would regard that as abuse. Unless 'sufficient time gap' is now classed as "someone posting in-between" then posts like that need to be dealt with and moderators need to keep an eye out for that.

So what you're saying is that threads must now break two rules all of a sudden, because that's what it sounds like. This thread is breaking the rules, CLEARLY, therefore it is your job to close the thread or deal with it. Granted because the thread possibly may have been constructed before that aspect of the rule was implemented it may be difficult as a moderator to close it, however that is the purpose of THIS thread to have these threads closed. Granted this is a matter for the management now, however this is as good a place as any.

People do not simply like to post their musical tastes etc. there must be a motive behind liking / wanting to do it. The only motive present in the thread is a boost to post count because the other usual motives, such as active discussion, are not present. THAT is the purpose of the aspect of the rule I indicated.

It might sound ridiculous however it is probable that on a conscious level they may enjoy posting in those threads but only because on an unconscious level they are happy they have increased their post count.

Well tbh it only looks like you and possibly 2/3 others who even agree with you on this and whatever I say will not satisify you so as ending post to this thread I would say that these are stickied threads and only management has the authoritity to unstick them. As they are stuck threads then we moderate them as valid threads and always have done. To put a restriction on the number of posts in a day is something we have never done would require a new rule. I do not think you can possible say categorically why people post in these threads. Everyone is different. You can guess that is why but that is all. I do not have to know who is a genuine music lover I just have to know whether it is possible, reasonable and believable that someone could listen to that amount of music in that time. That is all I am required to do at this present time. Now let's see what other member's opinions are. :P

Nicola
06-01-2011, 05:58 PM
The moderators have been taught how to deal with excessive spamming in threads and how to recognise it. If someone made a whole page of posts just from them saying what they were listening to or what the were eating then this would be dealt with as that is clear spamming. Should say someone make 20 posts in half an hour then this would be dealt with - 5 posts in half an hour is perfectly acceptable. You can easily tell when someone is spamming a thread and we have a good group of moderators who are good at making decisions on what they feel is spamming or not.

These threads are not a major issue at all providing they are being moderated properly, so they aren't going anywhere.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!