PDA

View Full Version : Tumblr Custom Domain Help

Jack!
02-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Yesterday I setup a tumblr account, and im looking to use it on my domain, I have changed the A Records, And on the Tumblr domain test it says it is all okay, But when I click to go to the domain, I simply get the old Coming soon page for my site.

What should I do?

I have flushed my DNS, Cleared cookies, Cache ect.

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Technology Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

hamheyelliot
02-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Have you deleted the old records which point to your hosts I.P.? Stuff like the www. record might still be there. If not, you might have just forgotten to go ahead and add the domain on the Tumblr theme options, or you just need to hang on a bit longer for everything to update with your host.

What's the URL btw? We could check and see if it's showing for us.

Jack!
02-01-2011, 01:57 AM
All the records on my end show that they have changed to the Tumblr IP. With www. And without. Its defiantly added on to the Tumblr itself :P And its been about 2 days now.

Status of “itsjack.info”

This domain is configured correctly.

Oh, And its the one in my signature :)

Edit: Still seems to be trying to load from my server, No idea what i should do :/

Also, Originally i was going to use this domain: http://www.blog.itsjack.info/

Exactly the same settings as the main domain, And that seems to work fine

+Rep for your help so far :)

EDIT: http://www.blog.itsjack.info/ Seems to work fine, So im going to stick with that one, Cheers for your help, IF anyone knows how i could fix please feel free to post :)

hamheyelliot
02-01-2011, 01:24 PM
All else I can think of is whether you had access to the Simple DNS Zone Editor or the Advanced one? If you post the page of records that might get to the bottom of it.

Jack!
02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
All else I can think of is whether you had access to the Simple DNS Zone Editor or the Advanced one? If you post the page of records that might get to the bottom of it.

Was the advanced one, Ive reset it back, But it was setup the same as www.blog.itsjack.info is, And that's working, But www.itsjack.info wasn't working.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!