PDA

View Full Version : AS/A2 Levels needed to become an accountant +rep

JACKTARD
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah, well I want to be an accountant because I'm good at maths and dare I say it - I kinda like it! Or at least the satisfaction of getting a correct answer when getting a mahoosive question right.

But anyway, I was wondering what Quals I would ideally need to go onto do it after A Levels/Uni. For AS Level I've taken Mathematics, Physics, Business Studies, French and we also do General, My target's are A's and Maths/Physics I got A* at GCSE.

+reps,
thanks.

Samantha.
03-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Accounts is usually a good subject to take if your college/6th form do it.

Alkaz
03-01-2011, 12:33 AM
If yoy've already started the AS courses then I would say just stick with them for A2 as well. If not then like SamLouise has said you might want to try and swap maths or something like that for it.

Nemo
03-01-2011, 12:36 AM
If yoy've already started the AS courses then I would say just stick with them for A2 as well. If not then like SamLouise has said you might want to try and swap maths or something like that for it.
im sure u'd need maths, if anything, swap french

JACKTARD
03-01-2011, 12:38 AM
yeah, we have to drop something for A2 so I'll probably drop french

Samantha.
03-01-2011, 01:55 AM
At A2 after we dropped a lesson, we had the option to pick up an AS instead of doing either General Studies or Extended Project so if you can do that if you can't swap your lessons now and then you'll still have at least an AS in accounts.

redtom
03-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Business could be seen as to be worth the least of the four. You'll need maths to go into accounting, languages are very very good to have, and any science is seen as a good qualification.
Anyway if it was me I would drop bussiness. (its probably good to have to go into accounting but I dout you actually need it to get into uni)

Ajthedragon
03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I'd drop french. You have some good A-levels to work with, even if you decide not to become an accountant!

Toasten
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd actually drop Business Studies because it's on the 'soft' list. But i guess you might need some experience if you want to be an accountant. Not sure it is a requirement though.

luce
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
You have to have maths and economics helps because my best mate did it at university and now she helps me so much with my AS/A2 economics because she had to do it all at uni. Also if there is something like Certificate/Diploma in Finical Studies at your college/sixth form then do it because it's an extra that makes you stand out :-)!

Ed.
03-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Go on UCAS website and look at course requirements for Accountancy.

Soka
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM
they're all fine, all careers fairs i've attended have said that maths is the most imporant and necessary.
And i've being told big firms (PWC for example) prefer a Bsc in mathematics or economics than accountancy itself.
Also having a language can be useful if you get to a high standard in it. drop business studies if you intend on dropping any after AS.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!