PDA

View Full Version : [Building] My new zombie run entrance.

Eoin247
03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I recently decided to convert my TC into a zombie run and this is the first room i've done.

I have some wired hidden behind the iron maiden, and people have to go the whole way around to que i just have the red laser next to entrance for quick entrances/looks.

All comments good and bad are appreciated :), i'd like to know where i can improve.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9741/zombierunentrance.png

Ed.
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
It's really good except I'm not a fan of the ambers.

My other constructive criticism is I don't think that you should have the host teleport there as it blocks an area of the queue.

Matthew
03-01-2011, 04:55 PM
wow, i really really like that!
The mist on the petal patches looks really good, as does using pumpkins as a divider.

The things i dont quite like is how there is just one lodge wall or whatever it is, I think it might look better with all trees. Having said that I dont know how a teleport would look against the trees, it looks good with the lodge wall thing
Also the ambers dont really look very good in that room, stick to pumpkins :)

9/10 overall!

dogboy123
03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
That looks really cute and I like how all the colours blend together and don't clash :)

Eoin247
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :)

I'll replace the ambers with pumpkins and see how that looks. I think the iron maiden is fine there as a queue is unlikely to go back that far, however i'll try and find another place for the iron maiden, maybe in the center of the hosts area.

I meant for those lodge walls to look like the outside to a cabin as the next room is a haunted cabin :), maybe if i extended the lodge wall/moved it to the left it would look better.

Thomas
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
i like most of it... 9/10
but the front row with the ambers and drink and red lasers ruin it for me. also the red laser right of the door tele. just have a staff entrance or get a red laser by the room entrance.

rep+ for an overall original room design though.

Matthew
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I meant for those lodge walls to look like the outside to a cabin as the next room is a haunted cabin :), maybe if i extended the lodge wall/moved it to the left it would look better.

Yeah I guessed that you wanted to achieve something like that, but it just doesnt look right to me, i dont know why :/

Chris
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I like it. Personally I love the ambers, they fit in well with the theme. :]

Suspective
03-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I really like the theming and it looks like a good game room, which I'd certainly visit!

AgnesIO
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
The concept of the room is good, and I know you have the petals to look richer (just like we all do in rooms).

However, in a Zombie Run I honestly think that spooky, dark green grass would be better!

JACKTARD
03-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I like it,

I was thinking of doing that to my TC but I can't really be bothered to change the main room to the scary theme, might leave the main room how it is and not have it gothicy

Pigperson
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Love it apart from the fact that there is no gate close to the door for hosts to get in and the zombie drink thing could be merged with a pumpkin and the ambers should be replaced with pumpkins to make it look nicer.

Overall, it's very good.

Will

Eoin247
04-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all the comments/suggestions guys :) I'm going to try out a lot of them and i'll post a hopefully improved version soon :D

karter
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
WOOOOW ! That's amazing well done

myke
04-01-2011, 04:47 PM
I really like it, but like others have said not too keen on the ambers!

Eoin247
18-01-2011, 11:30 AM
WOOOOW ! That's amazing well done

I really like it, but like others have said not too keen on the ambers!

I changed the ambers, i'll get a pic up later when i log onto the client

Nick
18-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Looks good weldone :)

Although you could use the unholy ground and leave the "mist" there :) It would fit the theme better

Samantha
18-01-2011, 02:20 PM
i don't like the ambers. I know it runs with the colour scheme and if you have your heart set on the ambers then maybe change to red ambers as it connotes to blood.

on the other hand, maybe change where the door is placed. i dont like the background of the door, maybe just stick with the forest theme, or put it in the corner like other games like it and have brown wallpaper?

agreed about the hosts teleport, maybe put it in the space if you move the door.

Jacob
18-01-2011, 04:13 PM
That's awesome it's kinda spooky. The door bit is the best ;) looks like a house.

Zuth
18-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Why not put the wired in the Tele?

giltinux
21-01-2011, 08:25 PM
wow mate realy nice i want to have host there :D

Jacob-G4E
22-01-2011, 04:11 PM
oh, wow. i really like this! the only criticism i have is the placement of the host teleporter. other than that, it's lush! 9/10, Welldone!

oh, also you might want to think about adding an area for people to hang out, if they don't want to play just yet. Nothing big, maybe just a row of chairs or something somewhere.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!