PDA

View Full Version : Head Phones [+12 Rep]

AgnesIO
03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey

I am looking to buy a decent pair of headphones with a budget of about £50-£60 AT THE MOST. Less would be good, but I want a pair with brilliant quality.

I will be using the headphones on my pc and PS3 - maybe plug them in to my Amp too.

I have looked at Razer, however I believe their quality might not be as good as it is made out to be - more the Apple of peripherals! I also have £30 of play gift cards - so anything from Play would be a bonus!

EDIT: Just a warning. -Rep for anyone who recommends Skullcandy ;)

EDIT 2: I would like noise reduction too. I am basically looking for some because when you leave the dogs they tend to bark for 15 minutes (attention seekers :L), so I would like a bit of peace!

Chris
03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
If you want it for the pc and ps3, you could try one of the turtle beach headsets which I think works on both.

AgnesIO
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
These look nice and comfortable (and noise reduction which is useful): http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/3179/2446/-/17391020/Lenco-HP-080-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones/Product.html?searchfilters=ae207{15-34.99}%2b#

---------- Post added 03-01-2011 at 06:45 PM ----------

If you want it for the pc and ps3, you could try one of the turtle beach headsets which I think works on both.

Anything should work, as I play my PS3 through speakers (and the speakers have an input for headphones)

Chris
03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah they look pretty good. My best advice would be to find a few on play.com and read some of the reviews that customers have made.

Casio
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Why not some SkullCandy ;)

But really, as stated why not read up on the Turtle Beach Headsets they are VERY good for this sort of thing

Wig44.
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Don't buy any headphones aimed at gamers.

I know you said £60 but why not stretch that a little bit and go for a pair of Grados? The SR60i costs like £80 and they are fantastic quality a real bargain. You won't get excellent quality for 50-60 quid, before Grado started pushing their SR60s there really weren't any excellent quality headphones under £120+.

AgnesIO
06-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Don't buy any headphones aimed at gamers.

I know you said £60 but why not stretch that a little bit and go for a pair of Grados? The SR60i costs like £80 and they are fantastic quality a real bargain. You won't get excellent quality for 50-60 quid, before Grado started pushing their SR60s there really weren't any excellent quality headphones under £120+.

I really don't think it would be worth it. Although tempting, I have other things that my money needs to go towards, so I don't want to spend too much on basic things :)

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
before Grado started pushing their SR60s there really weren't any excellent quality headphones under £120+.

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s are the best in their price range, and they're around the £110 mark.

Wig44.
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I really don't think it would be worth it. Although tempting, I have other things that my money needs to go towards, so I don't want to spend too much on basic things :)

In that case I would recommend against spending over, say, £40. The reason being that until you hit the really good value, lower end audiophile headphones (just below/around £100) the difference in audio quality between products is pretty minimal, point being there is nothing between £50-80 worth buying. £40 headphones will sound just as good as £65/£75 headphones probably because you havent encroached on the audiophile wares until you hit ~£85. I'm not sure if I've made a great deal of sense in this post, I hope you get the message I'm conveying, bit tired today.

@Agnostic Bear: They were released ~12 years after the SR60s, and they cost around £20-30 more than the updated SR60s (SR60is). Different price range and as I said, before the SR60s were released there really weren't many decent cans below £120.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!