PDA

View Full Version : iPhone wont connect to Internet...

Deak
04-01-2011, 07:45 PM
So right here's the story... I got an iPhone 3gs on PAYG for christmas and since using the Internet it works fine with Wi-Fi connections but it just wont load with the 3G connection and i just get the message...

'Could not activate mobile data network

You are not subscribed to a mobile data service'

I have looked on the Internet and found one solution which was to reset the internet settings on my phone and after trying this i still have the same problem :@

I was just wondering if anybody has had the same / a similar problem and knows of a solution or any other ways of solving my problem?

Jam
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Restore in iTunes, if it doesn't work call your carrier/provider/whatever they're called.

Deak
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
ok thanks... I'll give it a try now.

Jack!
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
What network are you on?

Deak
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I've restored my phone and it's not worked.

I'm on vodafone & they even told me i could opt into a thing where i get 300 free txts and 500mb of internet (forgot what the offer is called)

I'm going to pop into the apple store when i next possibly can and see if they can solve the problem.

Rapidshare
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I've restored my phone and it's not worked.

I'm on vodafone & they even told me i could opt into a thing where i get 300 free txts and 500mb of internet (forgot what the offer is called)

I'm going to pop into the apple store when i next possibly can and see if they can solve the problem.

Did you actually opt in for that offer tho?

Deak
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Did you actually opt in for that offer tho?

Yup, they said opt in before you top up and then you will be registered for the free internet & messages

Shar
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Did you call customer services of whatever network you're on?

Deak
06-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Did you call customer services of whatever network you're on?

Nope not yet, going to pop into the store tomorrow if i get chance & see what they say

HotelUser
07-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Nope not yet, going to pop into the store tomorrow if i get chance & see what they say

That was probably your best bet from the start, depending on where you got it the problem could be something like wrong APN settings which would be easiest for your carrier to setup.

iJoe
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Check the settings in the iPhone for internet / network are set up properly

When I got my iPhone it was set to o2 contracts settings for default I needed to change them all to PAYG settings for it to work, could be a similar problem where you're on vodaphones contract settings and need to change to PAYG (:

Deak
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
UPDATE ON MY INTERNET PROBLEM SITUATION = FIXED :D

I sent an e-mail to vodafone and they told me to check my Internet settings & found out there is a slightly different address for PAYG customers... so now i've changed the settings and now my 3G connection works :)

Thanks for the help people :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!