PDA

View Full Version : How can I get on with more my brother?

Sharon
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
This is totally childish and **** but yeah it's actually getting worse </3

Me and my brother ALWAYS argue he's like nice sometimes but so freakishly annoying at other times, like if we're watching TV he'll ask such OBVIOUS questions or try and and tell me something boring that's happened to him online (he's 8 - still getting into the edating scene) and it's ******* annoying at times.

My mum makes it so clear he's the favourite out of me, him and my 3 y/o sister :L just the way she treats him and the way he can just make something up that I've done to him or provoke me to call him stuff is crazy.

We had this argument last night and stuff cos he was like pissing me off so yeah then he came onto my bunk bed trying to annoy me so i got my pillow and started hitting him and was like *REMOVED* so yeah I didn't say it. Then he drags my mum up who has a serious go and I ended up crying (:'( yeah that was made for me) then my dad comes then he starts crying and stuff. Then he starts moping around then makes up and said we should ''be nice to eachother'' I went along with that last night and today but generally it doesn't work out.

Then he went to get a tissue and my mum saw him started the whole hugging thing and I heard her say ''you're my favourite child'' sorry if that sounds pathetic but I was genuinely hurt :L

I don't have this with my little sister at all, infact she shares the hate for him :P

I gave my mum the idea to get me and him a Xbox though, which I plan to play with him a lot for a sort of cute bonding thing

Edited by Shar, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter, thanks.

Nemo
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Haha, i was in the same situation when i was younger (except i was the annoying like brother and there was no 3 yr old sister,t hink we had a similar age gap aswell).

But really me and my sister are super close now. I think its just that you're both growing up so you're both at awkward stages, and boys are REALLY ******* annoying at that age so its fair enough. (Hell i tried to annoy my sister). What im getting at is you'll probably grow closer when you get older and mature a bit, atleast i did. Have fun until then :D

matt$
04-01-2011, 08:49 PM
She only called him her 'favourite child' cause hes younger and i've got the same problem with my sister we've just got different personality i'd say just stay out of each others way

Circadia
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh me and my brother are like this! we can't even pass each other on the stairs without arguing he is such an aggravating git. My mum and dad are like 'Ignore him' and 'be nice to each other' and i always tell them that i can't just ignore him he there every single day. Sometimes I end up slamming my door just to have something to stress out on :L You'll get over it all siblings are like this and its something you will grow out of (hopefully)

Rozi
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Smack him.
No seriously, that used to make me leave my older brother alone and hate him so much that I used to just ignore him.

ok no now serious advice. I know it's hard at this stage because as someone else said, you're both at super awkward stages developmentally wise but I know what helped me and my brother was when he started acting more like a friend than treating me like a super annoying person. Tbh he probably sees your arguments as you jumping at him for no reason, and you see it as him being so annoying that he can only be doing it on purpose.

So yeah the Xbox will help, but also maybe try asking him stuff about school, his friends, listen to him when he trys to tell you something about his life even if it is as boring as crap. And you know what always helped me and my bro? Ganging up on a parent haha.

Alkaz
04-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Smack him.
I agree, it's PC for your parents not to do it so someone has to. :P

Just try and get on with him or be the bigger man/woman, which ever you like to say and just try and let things drop. As well when you're watching the TV just try your best to ignore him. Just like bullies, in time they will realise they're not getting to you any more and it isn't any fun and will generally stop.

Inseriousity.
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
He's 8, the answers might be obvious to you because you're older but not to him.

I think the xbox thing is a good idea :)

Gasping
04-01-2011, 10:20 PM
.. You can't exactly do anything, he's 8 ! He probably honestly thinks you're so much more important then you believe. You're calling him childish .. but he is still a child. It sounds like you're way more hurt over the fact that your Mom said that .. Maybe you should tell her it hurt,get the reasoning behind it.
I hope you figure it out .. but honestly, I don't believe you should hit him.. that would get you in HUGE trouble with your mom..

Shar
05-01-2011, 01:37 AM
She only called him her 'favourite child' cause hes younger and i've got the same problem with my sister we've just got different personality i'd say just stay out of each others way
This is the best solution imo.
Violence doesn't solve anything so don't smack him lol. tried "bonding" with my brothers by playing ps3 with them but it just turned into a competition thing. Try and do something like watching a movie, that's the only time I find I get along with my 2 brothers just fine. :P

ChickenFaces
05-01-2011, 01:44 AM
It's always like this when you're younger. I used to fight with my sister all the time, when you get older things will get a lot easier because you're more mature and you'll get along a lot better. Trust me, it just takes some time :)

Oleh
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Id say get kinect and if you appear to be better at some games on that than him, let him win the odd 2-3 in a row to boost his morale.. THEN SLAM IT TO THE FLOOR AGAIN!!!.

But according to what you have said.. i have 2 friends who both have younger brothers and they argue.. but they usually just end up hitting each other and the older one prevailing and the younger shrinking and sulking off into another room.

qaxzsw
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Same with me except im the older brother and shes the younger sister and shes 8 or 9 not sure lol but yh she playsh abbo aswell and is into bein a baby and adoptin kids.

but i alawys think wow i wish iw as my bro cuz im so funny and amazing and she is so lucky.

JACKTARD
09-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I used to really dislike my sister but after a few months of biting my toungues and being nice to her even when she was being horrible she started to return the favour and we rarely argue now - quite close infact x

Camy
09-01-2011, 09:11 PM
That sounds exactly like my little brother, he still acts the exact same way, and he's almost 17 lol!

I would say try and keep away from him as much as possible, give one word answers till he gets bored. I know i do, my brothers mood changes every 5 minutes, sometimes hes fine with me, then he'll do everything in his power to irritate me :P

Narnat,
14-01-2011, 02:34 PM
I did have this problem with my little sister it was really making me upset too. However I came to a conclusion. I think it is because your brother is young and immature and you are a lot older and you are more mature and you just can't be bothered with the immaturity. I think when he gets older use will become a lot more close but for the mean time your just gonna have to stick with it, it will change one day. Maybe try and bond with him a bit more and talk about things with him ect. Good luck x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!