PDA

View Full Version : Bah tooth!

LouisCollins
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Right i'm eating away at my sandwich next thing i know CRUNCH one of my MOLAR tooth crack right in half " i swallowed the broken bit", But its funny because i have NO PAIN wat so ever :S

I hate teeth i wont go to the dentist at all my other 3teeth same thing happend and they've been like that for the last 2YEars with on and off pain but this one is no pain at all

anyone had the same experience

Thread moved by Infectious (Trialist Forum Moderator): from "Discuss Anything", as it is better suited here.

Misawa
05-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you do need to go to the dentist.

LouisCollins
05-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Ah i hate dentist and i hate needles + the bill scares me the most

Andeeh
06-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I had the same sorta thing, my molar was all ****** and had a chip in it. Later that day I had some chewey sweets and half came out. It was so annoying because I my tougne kept scraping against the side of the tooth. I tried to go to sleep that night but I was in so much pain so in the end i started waggling it and trying to pull it out as I was home alone and didn't know emergency dentist. My God it ******* killed and literally blood was everywhere but it came out in the end. I went to dentist a few days after and they said they can replace tooth when I want too :)

07-01-2011, 02:06 AM
Yeah I would go to the dentist asap cause that can't be healthy.

Samantha.
07-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Even though you don't like going to the dentist, it's better to go now just in case it gets worse and courses you pain.

Samantha
08-01-2011, 04:14 PM
How old are you?

Anyway, I think you should go back to the dentist, I don't think that it is your fault. Mine did the same, well not literally. My crown became loose and I broke it and now I have a false tooth (good job I didn't have to pay) I ate a chunky kitkat I think that was the main culprit. However, they glued it back in and I didn't eat on it at all for the 24 hours and it became loose again without me touching it, so I got a false tooth. During the Christmas School Holidays I was due for root work and I down right refused, I got upset and stressed and I didn't go through with it (having it done at hospital instead). However, my teeth aren't my fault, people may think I don't brush them enough but it wouldn't matter because I have brittle something meaning they are prone to decay. You may have that on your back teeth, are your molars that needed? Maybe you may need a crown, or something attached to the broken tooth.

Just ring the dentist and ask them what is the best thing, what they will do etc, can't hurt to ask.
Maybe you didn't feel pain because the part what broke off didn't expose the root or the nerve. :).

PaulMacC
08-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Go to the dentist. I had the biggest phobia of it, said I'd never go. I got a tooth pulled. So much pain free afterwards.

matt$
08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I dont really like the dentist either but i needed a filling in one of my molars cause if i ate or drank anything too cold it'd be slightly painful and now its much better and i reckon if i didnt go then it would of gotten worse and prob would of ended up getting the whole thing removed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!