PDA

View Full Version : if this is true... *sigh*

dbgtz
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
According to thisisxbox (http://thisisxbox.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=607:rumour-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-prequel&catid=35:news&Itemid=87), an unconfirmed and unknown source --to us-- has informed the site that a Call of Duty prequel is in the works. The website states right at the beginning that this source was the same place where they obtained Kinect's name, Call of Duty: Black Ops' existence, and the first Gears of War 3 images.

According to the source, Infinity Ward are working on a Call of Duty prequel that will focus on Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 by showing how he ended up joining Task Force 141 -- the source also says that these events will be based off of the comic book stories written by David Lapham. The game will also focus around the events leading up to the war in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Players will re-visit key locations from Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but from a different point of view.

Of course, this is just a rumour. If we receive word from either Activision or Infinity Ward regarding this supposed sequel, we will update.

Something seems a bit off though. If Infinity Ward is involved, shouldn't the new Call of Duty title be carrying on from where Modern Warfare 2 left off? Could this prequel be the Call of Duty project that Sledgehammer are currently developing? We'll just have to wait and see.
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83335/new-call-of-duty-game-details-leaked/

I just want to see the ending, not some crappy spin off

samsaBEAR
05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
same, this would be cool but I'd rather the story finished before a prequel spin off

Fez
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm still confused as to what makes Ghost a good character, he does absolutely nothing and says nothing noteworthy.

Chris
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Eugh read this earlier and tbh, I hope it doesn't happen. I just want mw3 to be made and for that to end the series.

Chippiewill
05-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm still confused as to what makes Ghost a good character, he does absolutely nothing and says nothing noteworthy.

Because he had an awesome balaclava, duuur.

Fez
05-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Because he had an awesome balaclava, duuur.

Is that it? As in, seriously, that's why everyone liked him all because he wore a balaclava with a skull on it?

I know people are shallow and all that, but come on, if he's liked for that reason then why is he getting his own video-game?!

dbgtz
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Is that it? As in, seriously, that's why everyone liked him all because he wore a balaclava with a skull on it?

I know people are shallow and all that, but come on, if he's liked for that reason then why is he getting his own video-game?!

I like him because of Gaz. Same voice n all.

Ardemax
06-01-2011, 05:12 PM
i dont get it

finish off from what? what bit on mw2?

matt$
06-01-2011, 05:15 PM
They'll do this, then do another to end the storyline, why make 1 game instead of 2? double the profits with 1 storyline this way.

dbgtz
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
i dont get it

finish off from what? what bit on mw2?

dont you remember? soap gets stabbed and nikolai says "da i know a place"

They'll do this, then do another to end the storyline, why make 1 game instead of 2? double the profits with 1 storyline this way.

im just thinking activision may have squirmed out of law stuff and somehow got the other studio to do it (sledge hammer or something).
but surely they could just do mw3 then this (if its IW)? :S

Fez
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I like him because of Gaz. Same voice n all.

Well you can like a voice, that's fine, but the actual character of Ghost has nothing about him. I'd rather a game about Gaz than Ghost, wouldn't you?

dbgtz
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Well you can like a voice, that's fine, but the actual character of Ghost has nothing about him. I'd rather a game about Gaz than Ghost, wouldn't you?

I'd rather have a game with price, soap and nikolai, it shall be called MW3! Which will be my last cod :D Unless it doesnt end properly then ill send death threats to infinity ward to end it on MW4. LOOL jk id just ask them to actually finish it, I wanna know the ending.

Ardemax
06-01-2011, 07:24 PM
OHHH YEAH

i hope they go like to antartica and live off penguins or something

dbgtz
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
OHHH YEAH

i hope they go like to antartica and live off penguins or something

IWs answer to zombies
killer penguins

Chris
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I wonder if it's that other studio developing this years game, if there is one that is.

Nationalism
08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I prefer IW's COD series than the Treyarch.
I hope it's true, then they release another game with the ending, would be quite good i think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!