PDA

View Full Version : So whats the fuss?

redtom
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
What makes minecraft so good?
I played the old version they have on their site but its not really that good, some videos I've seen show the ability to make objects and fight monsters but I haven't seen any of these in game, are the new versions of the game much better?

Is there anyway I can play the latest version for free to see what its like? Try before I buy?

Marbian
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
the point is, you make it all your self, and you can basically make anything.

The Don
05-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Plus it's great fun when your with other people. I don't think theres an update free verision :l

Nemo
05-01-2011, 11:44 PM
the point is, you make it all your self, and you can basically make anything.
This. You are only limited by creativity.

But ermm, you were palying creative mode (unlimited blocks, basically a big lego), whilst people u saw were playing survival (the paid version of the game). It is a LOT better when playing survival.

redtom
05-01-2011, 11:52 PM
I've managed to get my hands on v1.1.0 alpha (ofline only) its actually growing on me, but I have no idea whats going on.
I played with the water for a day straight, then when night came I down beat the crap out of.

I'm trying to work out how to create diffrent items, could anyone link me to a guide or decent fansite?

Nemo
05-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I've managed to get my hands on v1.1.0 alpha (ofline only) its actually growing on me, but I have no idea whats going on.
I played with the water for a day straight, then when night came I down beat the crap out of.

I'm trying to work out how to create diffrent items, could anyone link me to a guide or decent fansite?
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting
enjoy

dno how far 1.1.0 is from the latest version though

redtom
06-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks that helped alot, +rep :)

Ardemax
06-01-2011, 06:33 AM
worldofminecraft.com has some interesting downloads you might want to take a look at when playing offline and stuff...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!