PDA

View Full Version : OMG NEW MAC!!!

LouisCollins
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Wow, My dad bought me a new apple mac!, I'm new to macs so getting used to it will take me a little while haha!

Who else has got a mac let me know woo!

Recursion
05-01-2011, 11:36 PM
They're pretty good, got a MacBook personally... Being used less and less in favour of my iPad though lmao.

Which one did he get you? Have fun with it :P

LouisCollins
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Just the white macbook honestly its amazing so fast!

Recursion
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Haha nice, the updated version of mine :P

There's a Mac App Store coming out tomorrow for it too, not sure if it will actually be very good though tbh.

LouisCollins
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Mac appstore :S

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Ok thanks for that information. What am I supposed to do with it?

redtom
06-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Mac appstore :S

Basicly the app store that is on ipads, iphones and ipods, but for macs.

Ok thanks for that information. What am I supposed to do with it?

It's a forum, dont wanna talk about the topic... GT*O

LouisCollins
06-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Oh really that should be kind of cool i guess, New to macs so have no idea i love them though never think ill go back to a windows machine!

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 02:53 AM
It's a forum, dont wanna talk about the topic... GT*O

Yes because talking about purchases is definitely the topic of this forum. Go you.

HotelUser
06-01-2011, 02:55 AM
I hope you enjoy it!

Yes because talking about purchases is definitely the topic of this forum. Go you.

Actually

Discuss anything about technology.

Yes, it is. Go him indeed :)

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Yes, it is. Go him indeed :)

Incorrect, purchasing things is not technology. It's consumerism.

HotelUser
06-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Incorrect, purchasing things is not technology. It's consumerism.

Actually the section description indicates the section is to discuss *anything* about technology.

Boy goes in store.
Boy buys Mac.
Mac is computer.
Computer is technology.

Hum durrrrrrr magical and revolutionary Apple products constitute as technology.

He's simply happy about a technology purchase. Why on Earth is there any need to tred on his toes with negativity? There's not and it seems that the rest of the forum agrees.

Night :)

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Actually the section description indicates the section is to discuss *anything* about technology.

Boy goes in store.
Boy buys Mac.
Mac is computer.
Computer is technology.

Hum durrrrrrr magical and revolutionary Apple products constitute as technology.

He's simply happy about a technology purchase. Why on Earth is there any need to tred on his toes with negativity? There's not and it seems that the rest of the forum agrees.

Hey buddy you're making it an issue not me.

Also uh pretty certain the forum agrees I'm "Harsh but fair".

And you've just proven my point, talking about purchases is consumerism, he's not talking about anything related to the mac, just that he bought one. Consumerism. Thanks for proving one of many things said about yourself. No insults now.

Habitacion
06-01-2011, 03:40 AM
i got an iMac and i hate it <.< i had to call apple service to make me know how to put it on ..
msn in mac is a *REMOVED*
many games dont work for apple = *REMOVED*
anyway i only use my mac for internet and msn xd

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

Rapidshare
06-01-2011, 02:53 PM

And you've just proven my point, talking about purchases is consumerism, he's not talking about anything related to the mac, just that he bought one. Consumerism. Thanks for proving one of many things said about yourself. No insults now.

*REMOVED*

I was thinking about going to Macs rather than Windows side of things...and ofc the price of these things...Im still not sure but will be deciding over the next few months

Removed by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

RedStratocas
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
i got an iMac and i hate it <.< i had to call apple service to make me know how to put it on ..
msn in mac is a *REMOVED*
many games dont work for apple = *REMOVED*
anyway i only use my mac for internet and msn xd

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

msn stands for MICROSOFT network. obviously microsoft wouldn't want their programs working well on a mac, so they probably just made a really crappy version of it for mac on purpose. and it's up to game developers to make their games compatible with the operating system.

so both the problems youre complaining about actually have nothing to do with the mac itself.

oh, and yeah this thread has very very little substance to it, but really if you just ignored it, it would probably have gone away pretty quickly. instead half the posts in this thread are an argument about whether it should have been posted or not, keeping it at the top. pretty silly if you ask me.

Jordy
06-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Also uh pretty certain the forum agrees I'm "Harsh but fair".In the past perhaps, but now you're stepping over a line and got too big for your own boots so may I suggest you listen to what others are saying.

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
*REMOVED*

I was thinking about going to Macs rather than Windows side of things...and ofc the price of these things...Im still not sure but will be deciding over the next few months

In the past perhaps, but now you're stepping over a line and got too big for your own boots so may I suggest you listen to what others are saying.

Why would I listen to a bunch of people I've proved wrong? Seems a bit pointless to me. There is literally nothing other than consumerism in the OP and that's not the point of this forum. Technology discussion is. Discussing technology not purchases.

:eng99:

N!ck
06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I agree. It's like Metric and his "mom's" purse.

If you have a question about it or something to discuss then shoot. But buying a Mac isn't a valid discussion topic here thx.

A good percentage of people in here (including myself) own a Mac anyway so it's nothing to show off about. Personally I have a faster and more enjoyable experience when I'm running Windows 7 on it.

matt$
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
no1s forcing anyone to read it, why are people getting so angry lol.

Snatter
06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Oh really that should be kind of cool i guess, New to macs so have no idea i love them though never think ill go back to a windows machine!

Once you go Mac you never go back :P

I've got a MacBook Pro and had a few iMacs in my time. Another one on the way soon :P

N!ck
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM

I've got a MacBook Pro and had a few iMacs in my time. Another one on the way soon :P

I disagree. I personally find Windows 7 more efficient, faster and more pleasurable to use.

Wig44.
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM

I must be an exception then.

AgnesIO
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM

No, no you are just being stupid.

---

Enjoy the mac - the apple mac app store will basically allow the mac to get things similar to what you get on the iPod Touch/iPhone - providing developers make them!

It will also house things like 'iMovie' and 'iPhoto' which will each be priced at $14.99

Agnostic Bear
06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I must be an exception then.

Nope, I prefer Win 7 to OS X and have gone from one to the other and back again with great haste.

No, no you are just being stupid.

No.

GommeInc
06-01-2011, 11:12 PM
It is a substanceless thread. The only thing you can really say is "Good for you, hope you enjoy it!" or anything similar. It's not a discussion, at all. The proof is in the replies.

LouisCollins
06-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Tbh, Mod close this thread please,

Johno
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM

I had a Mac, and I went back.

xxMATTGxx
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I had a Mac, and I went back.

Same here so the comment "Once you go Mac, you never go back" is such crap! :P

Recursion
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
BE CAREFUL PEOPLE. THE POWERS THAT BE ARE GUNNA WANT THIS CLOSED IF YOU LOT CARRY ON.

Windows ftw, can't resist a good Mac vs PC argument :D

HotelUser
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
It's just personal preference. Some people obviously wont go back if they like it, but then there's probably Mac users who switch to Windows too.

RedStratocas
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
It's just personal preference. Some people obviously wont go back if they like it, but then there's probably Mac users who switch to Windows too.

far far far less though. while obviously the whole "once you go mac you never go back" thing doesnt apply to everyone (just like any generalization), i cant think of anyone i know who grew up using an apple computer and decided they wanted to switch to windows. its almost always the other way around. my dad is a computer programmer for a living and we've had multiple windows computers throughout my life in our house, and just within the past couple of years me and my mom have gotten macbooks and my dad and mom have gotten iphones. im pretty sure the only reason my dad hasn't switch to a mac is because his work provides his laptop.

i have nothing against windows, i find the whole mac vs. windows argument to be childish and stupid, but i cant see myself switching back.

GommeInc
08-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Same here so the comment "Once you go Mac, you never go back" is such crap! :P
Aren't most Mac related comments utter crap? :P "It just works" is one, and there are a thousand more in their now, thankfully, dead ad campaigns. It's the main reason I won't ever buy an Apple product, the company are so incredibly frustrating :P The products are fine (to an extent), it's a shame the people behind them spend most of their lives up their self-inflated backsides.

RedStratocas
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Aren't most Mac related comments utter crap? :P "It just works" is one, and there are a thousand more in their now, thankfully, dead ad campaigns.

idk if you guys have the same windows phone ads as we do, but those are soooooooo annoying too. and a very terrible marketing strategy.

GommeInc
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
idk if you guys have the same windows phone ads as we do, but those are soooooooo annoying too. and a very terrible marketing strategy.
Nope, thankfully the UK have a strict advertising organisation :D Apple Mac ads are banned in the UK as they're false advertising. Windows adverts appear on TV quite often, showing off what Windows can do with their "I'm a PC, and Windows 7 was my idea" campaign. The Apple adverts make up claims and spent most of their time slagging off the competition, even though the competition they were talking about appears to be some unknown Windows OS, or they target the consumers of Windows products assuming they're boring office workers, even though the majority of home use Windows users partake in a range of work, play and research.

iPad adverts appear, but they at least advertise something marginally useful. iPhone adverts seem to have died while Windows Phone 7 adverts have taken over - people playing with their phones constantly not noticing what they're doing - something Apple users do all the time but they never bothered reflecting in their adverts. Windows/Microsoft have done a pretty good job advertising in the UK, they don't come off big headed or show off their products as God's gift, they have quite a mild marketing strategy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!