PDA

View Full Version : Got an interview :D

The Don
07-01-2011, 11:26 AM
For sainsburys. will be my first job if I get it :o Basically, I've got a few questions to ask.
I have to go for an interview tuesday, and i've been told that the first part of it will be a dvd thing and basic maths test, then the
second part will be with this man. now, all i'm worried about is the difficulty of the maths. I can do maths, but they aren't going to start throwing stupidly hard questions at me, will they? like i'd assume it will be some easy gcse maths test? i'd imagine it'd be similar to those at asda or anywhere really.

Secondly, my hair is a mess, it's sort of afroy but sort of straight, so I guess I have to look smart so should I get a haircut before? will having crazy hair effect my chances? Because it's £90 to get it relaxed and I think that's a bit of a joke tbh.

Also, any interview tips?

Thanks so much! + rep all replies!

Jin
07-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Doubt the maths is crazy hard have you spoken to some of the people that work in Sainsbury's "/

More than likely a test of basic arithmetic I they won't ask you to expand expressions or draw lines of symmetry.

As for your hair do something that makes it look a bit smarter, considering your age and I assume this is part-time they usually don't scrutinize too much on things like hair and if they have an issue they will speak to you about it.

John Lewis Partnership on the other hand are appearance nazi's

Samantha.
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I think it will be basic maths, like adding up and stuff because that's all you do in a supermarket! Just style your hair and straighten it or something, I don't think they'll focus too much on your hair as long as it looks smart. As for interview tips just stay calm and relaxed, answer questions carefully. Make them think that you are better than everybody else but too much so you don't look big headed.

Good luck for the interview :)

Deak
08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I reckon it will just be basic things to make sure you know how to add up, e.g when giving change to customers.

I dont think that how you look will affect your chances as its who you are and how you act in the job and with customers and other staff members.

Tips for an interview; just be yourself and try to act as confident as possibly and try to talk as much as you can and answer any questions as good as possible, try to think of a couple of questions to ask them at the end.

finally, good luck for the interview :)

08-01-2011, 11:08 PM
The math part is basically to make sure that you're not an idiot, and as for the hair, I'd get it cut or at least trimmed.

Chris
08-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I doubt the maths will be that hard, I would think they're just wanting to make sure you can add, subtract, multiply and divide. As for the hair, I wouldn't worry about it, ive seen a lot of people with more extreme hair working in supermarkets before.

Good luck anyway! :]

Alexx..
08-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Lots of people at sainsburies aren't the brightest spark, it'll just be basic math to see if you can add up products, to work out change and stuff.

Get it trimmed at least, you need to look presentable, first impressions are everything.

LouisCollins
09-01-2011, 12:49 AM
At the end of the interview when they ask "Do you have any questions for me", Ask "When should i expect to here back from you?",
This will show them that you're EAGER to start and are genuinely interested in the position.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!