PDA

View Full Version : Rule A5

Josh
09-01-2011, 08:38 AM
A5. Do not use this forum for any illegal practices, including but not limited to:

* Being involved in hacking or encouraging hacking.
* Breaking of the Habbo Way or encouraging T&C violation.
* Posting warez or other illegal downloads.

Why does the forum have an entire forum full of threads and posting breaking this rule?

People get warned/infracted for talking or suggesting using a bot but this forum allows people to trade Runescape for stuff out of the game. I don't understand? I believe I've had a usernote for posting a bot status report which is a T&C violation yet people in this section get away with it...

Am I missing something?

Grig
09-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I've seen a couple of times people posting SAM links/codes, which is also a similar violation of this rule in my opinion (it has become better in this aspect, but still happens). I think it's high time to crack down fully on this, you either go one way or the other and obviously you wouldn't want to be sponsoring illegal activity.

I also think Josh, that not every moderator is aware of this- so there may be this net created.

scott
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I know that posting SAM links and codes was cracked down on a while back, DJs used to give them to people in the Ask hxl staff forums but that was stopped. As far as I'm aware no t&c violations are allowed but if you report the posts then I'm sure they will get dealt with :P

Josh
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
But there's an entire section full of them... it kind of needs management intervention unless the moderator is going to go through and edit and remove every active thread there.

scott
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
What section is full of them? oooooh you mean the runescape trading forum

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Why does the forum have an entire forum full of threads and posting breaking this rule?

People get warned/infracted for talking or suggesting using a bot but this forum allows people to trade Runescape for stuff out of the game. I don't understand? I believe I've had a usernote for posting a bot status report which is a T&C violation yet people in this section get away with it...

Am I missing something?

As far as I know it is only not allowed if it is for 'real world money' and it has always been that way. Account trading is not allowed.

This is the Runecape rule:

Rule 12: Real World Item Trading

What is real world item trading? It is the trading of items in Runescape for real world money. This rule is there to prevent players from trading accounts for the skills and items instead of earning them through game play. It is also unsafe, as many of these people may attempt to steal your money.

You will seldom be able to see it in game, but if you do see anyone doing it in game, it would be best to send in a report under this rule

It is the same as Habbo as far as this goes.

Josh
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM
You agree that all intellectual property or other rights in any game character, account and items are and will remain our property.

People are selling things (or exchanging them) for other things in real life and other games. This isn't legal as the thing they're selling isn't even theirs to begin with.

Selling membership pins is just a direct breach of the rules as when you buy membership, it tells the purchaser they have to be the name listed or a direct family member. I can't find this in the terms and conditions but I know from past experience.

Edit: Here is an example that is related. Look at the answer.

5. Am I allowed to accept a forum signature as payment for an item?

Forum signatures are not items or services in-game, therefore you are not able to accept these as payment for an item in RuneScape.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
People are selling things (or exchanging them) for other things in real life and other games. This isn't legal as the thing they're selling isn't even theirs to begin with.

Selling membership pins is just a direct breach of the rules as when you buy membership, it tells the purchaser they have to be the name listed or a direct family member. I can't find this in the terms and conditions but I know from past experience.

Edit: Here is an example that is related. Look at the answer.

There is no rule against trading (except for accounts) - they are not 'selling' they are trading for habbo. Habbos trade habbo items for Runecape. There is no transfer of ownership involved and if what you say is true that would not be allowed either. Runecapers trade with each other. Habbos trade with each other. I am sure Jagex would be the first to stop this if they felt it did. I can see no T & C violation there. If you saying they are trading from accounts that aren't theirs then that's a different matter. As far as pins go without seeing the rule I cannot comment.

Josh
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
A forum signature can be replaced for something as a Habbo piece of furniture in this example as it's outside the game of Runescape.

Am I allowed to accept a forum signature as payment for an item?

Forum signatures are not items or services in-game, therefore you are not able to accept these as payment for an item in RuneScape.

As you can see by the answer, it explains why it isn't allowed as a payment. It isn't in the game of Runescape as an item or a service so it simply isn't allowed to be used as payment for ingame items.

Last time I checked, Habbo wasn't in Runescape.

Grig
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Josh is correct here, it is indeed true that Jagex and Sulake are two separate entities. Forums have been known to have been in trouble for such illegal activity. It is a good thing it is only small on Habbox, but it is still against Jagex policy.

We are speaking about strictly in-game trading, anything not so is considered illegal- simply put.

HotelUser
09-01-2011, 02:42 PM
You're allowed to ask a question like, "I want Adobe CS5," and someone is allowed to answer with, "use this website <websiteaddress>". You're not allowed to give a direct link to where this information is available or outright post the serials on the forum (you used to be allowed to just post the serials directly on the forum years ago but not anymore).

I think with Habbo and Runescape T&C violations Habbox could face serious trouble if either company took an interest in what was being said - however you can't face legal repercussions for posting a link to just a website with such content as it's simply considered indexing. I think this could be why the rule could seem abit backwards.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Josh is correct here, it is indeed true that Jagex and Sulake are two separate entities. Forums have been known to have been in trouble for such illegal activity. It is a good thing it is only small on Habbox, but it is still against Jagex policy.

We are speaking about strictly in-game trading, anything not so is considered illegal- simply put.

But Grig it doesn't actually say that in the rules and I am sure Jagex would be the first to jump on it if it was. It is beneficial to both companies as it works both ways.

Josh
09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
But Grig it doesn't actually say that in the rules.

It's kind of common sense really. Also, on the rules page (official RS rules), it has that question I quoted and that was the answer they gave. That must count for something.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 02:53 PM
It's kind of common sense really. Also, on the rules page (official RS rules), it has that question I quoted and that was the answer they gave. That must count for something.

What is a forum signature? The rule you quoted was for selling items for real life money - it said nothing about trading items.

Josh
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
No. A forum signature isn't real life money, yet it isn't allowed to be traded because it isn't in the game of Runescape.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
No. A forum signature isn't real life money, yet it isn't allowed to be traded because it isn't in the game of Runescape.

I can see that but is that Runescape 'furni'?

Josh
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I can see that but is that Runescape 'furni'?

Runescape furni as in items? I don't understand.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Runescape furni as in items? I don't understand.

It says you can't trade a ' forum signature'. As I don't pay Runescape I don't know what that is so could you explain. :)

Josh
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
It says you can't trade a ' forum signature'. As I don't pay Runescape I don't know what that is so could you explain. :)

Forum signature was just an example they gave. That can be substituted for anything not a part of runescape. ie. Habbo furniture.

Aidenn
09-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Its currently hard for some moderators to keep an eye on that section because as Rosie has already explained she herself doesn't play Runescape, in the moderation department i think theres less then a handful of people who genuinly play the game;

Matts, Myself, Infectious (i think)

So there is alot of limited knowledge on this section itself.

Catzsy
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Forum signature was just an example they gave. That can be substituted for anything not a part of runescape. ie. Habbo furniture.

Well I am going to have to agree to disagree with your interpretation there:

5. Am I allowed to accept a forum signature as payment for an item?

I see it as not being able to trade 'signatures' for items. If they were not able to trade item for item then I am sure they would make that perfectly clear as all the other rules are.
i.e.They would say that they cannot trade items for items off other virtual sites and not for real life money. Over to management on this one! :P

Nicola
09-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm in agreement with Rosie here.

It seems very odd though they should say:

I can't find anywhere that it says that they can't trade items for other items on another website. So either it is not an issue or it is a fault on their part and they should make their rules clearer.

Hecktix
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm in agreement with Rosie here.

It seems very odd though they should say:

I can't find anywhere that it says that they can't trade items for other items on another website. So either it is not an issue or it is a fault on their part and they should make their rules clearer.

Someone has sense.

Let's clarify this ok? Habbox will allow what practices it considers safe. Those who have mentioned previous posts about sam broadcaster cracks, bot discussion in runescape let's just highlight that rules get brought into Habbox at different times and we cannot apply those rules to threads posted before certain times.

Thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!