PDA

View Full Version : Forza 4 with Kinect

Gibs960
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
An MS spokesperson subsequently told IGN: "We showcased a Kinect-enabled project from Turn 10 Studios at E3 2010, which let players explore and experience their dream cars like never before.

"That tech demo demonstrated some of the experiences possible with Kinect and Forza.

"Forza Motorsport 4 brings together genre-defining, controller-based racing and the power and freedom of Kinect to create an automotive experience unlike anything before it."

Found this in a interview for OXM and I Googled it and it's been confirmed! God dammit this will suck!

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_243093_thumb300.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_243095_thumb300.jpg

Some pictures from www.Computerandvideogames.Com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=280272)

Suspective
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
They better not wreck Forza by wasting lots of time on developing it for kinect.

Chris
09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I think it's good that they've added the option to use kinect, could make it alot more realistic.

Gibs960
09-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah but who wants to be able to look around a car in a racing game? And who wants to open a door in a racing game? No one has ever said to me "Forza 3 is crap cos you can't open the door." If it gets a really bad review from OXM then I probably won't buy it.

Ajthedragon
09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
i cba with kinect on forza though.

i struggle to see how the graphics are going to match that of GT5.

dbgtz
09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
i cba with kinect on forza though.

i struggle to see how the graphics are going to match that of GT5.

it wont, for several reasons.

anyway it will be similar to the forza 2>forza 3 upgrade except with added kinect. but why would you want to walk to your car and open a door? :S

Oleh
09-01-2011, 10:23 PM
More realistic than others?
people who like to look and admire cars can look at this

plus its not going to get a bad review from oxm period. its a microsoft game and microsoft magazine

Gibs960
11-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I just think it will suck for games, they're not thinking about the people who buy the game.

dbgtz
11-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I just think it will suck for games, they're not thinking about the people who buy the game.

Because theyre widening the audience? I imagine it doesn't take relatively long to add the kinect functionality so microsoft would be stupid to get turn 10 to not add it to their most popular racer. All the core content would still be there.

Gibs960
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
But tbh most Xbox players don't have Kinect.

dbgtz
12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
But tbh most Xbox players don't have Kinect.

hence the exact reason they would want kinect functionality?
and also around 4 million (might be 5) kinect accessories have been sold, which if every xbox sale = 1 person (which i doubt it is but still), thats means around 8-10% of 360 owners have bought it. They want to make them keep their kinect so 1) they can sell kinect functionality and 2) they dont sell it on ebay to a potential customer of microsoft.

Ajthedragon
13-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm not tempted by this at all though. My room isn't big enough for kinect for a start.

Gibs960
13-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm not tempted by this at all though. My room isn't big enough for kinect for a start.

That's exactly why I don't have it! And that's exactly the reason most people don't have it.

Neil
17-01-2011, 04:38 PM
They already confirmed this ages ago for a start, also it adds the ability to use kinect, you don't have to use it if you don't want too, if you want to use the controller to play you can, they've already said they wont exclude people who want to stick with the controller or racing wheel so if you don't buy it simply because it has a new way to play then stop crying about it on forums and buy something else, also kinect has sold like 8 million units by now, that's quite a few people who will be buying Forza to play with kinect.

AgnesIO
17-01-2011, 05:19 PM
More realistic than others?
people who like to look and admire cars can look at this

plus its not going to get a bad review from oxm period. its a microsoft game and microsoft magazine

Period is an American phrase. You are not American.

----

I don't understand the point in all this motion stuff? When I play a game, I want to sit down relax and have fun. I don't want to wave my arms about to move.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!