PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the original sims.... again!!!!

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I remember years ago when the sims first came out i used to play it all the time. It was (and is) a great and fun game and it's probably the main reason i started playing habbo. I lost the discs for the game over the years though.

So anyway i saw the entire collection of the sims 1 and expansions for sale for about 8 euros so i said "hell, why not?" and bought it. I'm now hooked again! I don't know why but something about the original game makes me more interested in it than the newer sims 2 and 3. I think it's the simplicity of it. The newer sims games can get very complicated.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the original sims?

Josh
10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
I don't think I'd be able to go back since I've played 2 & 3. I think I would miss some features and switch back fairly quickly.

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't think I'd be able to go back since I've played 2 & 3. I think I would miss some features and switch back fairly quickly.

I thought that too, but after half an hour of playing i found that i was really enjoying myself. I'd say give it a go ;)

scott
10-01-2011, 12:35 PM
aha I just installed the sims 2 again back onto my computer yesterday, I couldn't play the original sims i really don't like it.

Chris
10-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Never played sims 1 but have played 2 and 3. My favourite is probably 3.

HotelUser
10-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I love the original Sims and I remember being proud that I owned like 8 expansion disks for it :P

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I love the original Sims and I remember being proud that I owned like 8 expansion disks for it :P

Yeah :D , i remember after i got the last expansion i was going to start playing "the sims online" , but then it seemingly disapeared from the limelight and i never got around to trying it out then.

Anybody ever play the sims online?

HotelUser
10-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah :D , i remember after i got the last expansion i was going to start playing "the sims online" , but then it seemingly disapeared from the limelight and i never got around to trying it out then.

Anybody ever play the sims online?

Yes! They made it free around the end but they discontinued it I think. I wish they'd make an online version again.

Josh
10-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Sims 3 online would be legendary. Upon start up, you'd be assorted into a neighbourhood with others (like a WoW Realm or w/e) and you'd play with them until you wanted to start a new character. 1 week inactivity would make your Sim move out.

Oh, I can dream. :P

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Yes! They made it free around the end but they discontinued it I think. I wish they'd make an online version again.

I'd definetaly try an online version of the sims whether it's the first, second or third sims. :)

Actualy, i remember now! I started playing habbo when i was looking around for something that was simular to the sims, except online. I joined the american hotel first and got banned for spamming using shortkeys :P. I didnt play habbo again for a year or so after that.

---------- Post added 10-01-2011 at 12:48 PM ----------

Sims 3 online would be legendary. Upon start up, you'd be assorted into a neighbourhood with others (like a WoW Realm or w/e) and you'd play with them until you wanted to start a new character. 1 week inactivity would make your Sim move out.

Oh, I can dream. :P

If they did this i'd probably want to be able to move around using arrow keys rather than point and click :) Or maybe in some way a combination of both?

11-01-2011, 05:55 AM
I actually just bought the Sims 3 yesterday cause I missed playing it, the original Sims was definitely good fun but like someone else said, I don't think I could go back since I'd miss some features.

Pazza
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I only liked the original sims 'cause of superstar and makin' magic :D

Eoin247
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I only liked the original sims 'cause of superstar and makin' magic :D

Yeah it's definetaly much better with all of the expansions :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!