PDA

View Full Version : Points system

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I think something like this was mentioned somewhere on the forum a while back and i just thought i'd bring it up in feedback. I was thinking about the possibility of introducing a points system.

For awards/rewards and prizes in competitions, why not give a certain amount of points? These points can then be cashed in for either rep (maybe 1 point per rep) , forum vip (maybe 50 points for vip) or various other things (maybe get 300 points for a really rare username colour/s like rainbow?).

Points could also be given for getting awards/accumalating posts/being active etc.

These are just a few ideas, but a points system can be expanded even further for many other things.

I think that a points system would encourage people to post more/become more active and stay with the forum.

Thoughts on this? I understand that if this was to be done, it would take a very long time to implicate it but maybe I really think a system like this would greatly benefit the forum.

Hecktix
10-01-2011, 02:36 PM
tbh, I was a big fan of this in the summer and tried to set up a system but it got quite complicated quite quickly as the truth is there are already so many rewards on HabboxForum it's crazy.

For instance:
Everytime you move into a new userrank - you get more privelidges and reputation points
At every 2500 posts you get a new rep point
Every 360 days you are here you get a new rep point and an award
There is already a staggered award for post count
There are awards for a lot of things.

At the end of the day there is only so much rep, vip & features we can give out and if we introduced a points system we'd have to go way over, or start dishing out VIP features - I think it's fine the way it is, and I say that speaking from trying to draw up a points based system in the summer.

Inseriousity.
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
A points system for competitions has been suggested a few times now but I've never been a fan of the idea. My main concern is that it's overcomplicating something that just doesn't need to be complicated.

Eoin247
10-01-2011, 03:20 PM
A points system for competitions has been suggested a few times now but I've never been a fan of the idea. My main concern is that it's overcomplicating something that just doesn't need to be complicated.

It could potentially make things simpler in the long run once the initial setting up is done with. Also it would encourage people to participate in more competitions as rather than getting a prize they don't really wan't, they could use points for something they do want.

I'm not saying that the current system isn't good but, i think that a point system would in the long run benefit the forum with members being more active and using the forum more.

Inseriousity.
10-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't really think it'd make things simpler. It's a lot simpler to say "Congratulations, you've won 1 month VIP" or "Congratulations, you've won 10 credits" than "Congratulations, you've won 50 points!" We currently allow people to exchange their Habbo prize to rep if they prefer as we recognise that some people no longer play Habbo but are still active on the forum.

As for your second paragraph, would you care to expand further? I don't mean to sound rude (and I know I can sometimes come across that way, it's not intentional, honest!) although I often feel that "more active members and using the forum more" is often a rhetoric used by everyone - the same way governments say "this will make it fairer for the poor" - to justify their ideas.

KEILLERISBANNED
10-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Points Are Great :)

Samantha
10-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I think points should just be stuck to competitions and events that are big, like the Habbox Forum Christmas Cracker, HxSS, HxEE etc.

The point system has been spoke about quite a few times and I for one am not a fan. I have been on a fansite with a point system and it's hard to keep track of.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!