PDA

View Full Version : How to swallow tablets?

Arron
11-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah some may come on to this thread and think am I joking. Well I'm not. Ever since I was little I've never been able to swallow tablets. I've got white spots (tonsillitis) and I need to take these tablets. I've had this tablet in front of me now for an hour and I just can't swallow it :/

Jake
11-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I never used to be able to but try putting it at the back of your toungue then have like half a pint of squash and keep drinking until its gone, usually you swallow it, But when its in your mouth try not to think of it distract yourself by watching tv or something.

Catzsy
11-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Can you smash into smaller pieces or is a capsule?

scott
11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I hate taking tablets when ever I take paracetemol i'm always nearly sick lol. I just put the tablet long ways on my tongue then take some water and swallow it down that way really.

What kind of tablet is it? Like ship and size wise :P

Mikey
11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
What I do (I hate talking them too) is put it in your mouth and get loads of water to flush it down with and try and let it go down while your drinking.

Circadia
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
If its a tablet which you are able to make smaller i snap it in half put it on my tongue lengthways and wash it down with water. If its a casual i just put it in my mouth lengthways and use water to wash it down.

Chris
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm useless when it comes to tablets, can never swallow them. When I had tonsillitis I got given some yellow liquid stuff so it wasn't an issue for me.

If you really get to the point where you cant swallow it, open the capsule and pour it into a strong drink that will get rid of the taste.

Monty
11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
What I do (I hate talking them too) is put it in your mouth and get loads of water to flush it down with and try and let it go down while your drinking.

This is a good idea! I agree that you should have a mouth load of water with your tablet in your mouth. I think mentally you should try and forget about having a tablet inside your mouth.

Chippiewill
11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I fill my mouth with water (Or squash) and then I chuck the pill/tablet in and swallow like I'm drinking.

Mathew
11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I used to be absolutely terrible with tablets, I'd have to cut them up into quarters and such! :P I'm fine with them now though.. just pop it in my mouth and take a drink :)

Jordy
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
It just takes a bit of practise tbh you'll pick it up soon enough. Don't give up by chopping it up etc unless you really have to. Use it in combination with some water and get some vitamins to do it once a day, within a week you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

I'm skilled enough to do it without water now :)

Arron
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
About two years ago I had three attempts trying to swallow tablets with water.
The second post from Hollyoaks:

I never used to be able to but try putting it at the back of your toungue then have like half a pint of squash and keep drinking until its gone, usually you swallow it, But when its in your mouth try not to think of it distract yourself by watching tv or something.

made me swallow it! I always thought you had to take tablets with water, but I feel so good now that it's down! :-)

The tablet is the size of the 'o' in my Forum name.

Stephen
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
how can you not swallow one that small

triston220
11-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I stick the tablet in my mouth and then keep drinking water until its gone.

The tablet is the size of the 'o' in my Forum name.

What resolution are you using?

Samantha
11-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I never take tablets. When I had capsules we even broke them in half and put the contents in my drink (we had permission). I can swallow travel sickness pills; then again they are strawberry.
To this day I still take liquid medicine.

I think, maybe if you don't have them in your mouth long enough then you wont get the nasty taste of it. use a lot of water, or as someone suggest juice to tone down the taste. Then just try your hardest to swallow, then use the drink again to make sure it goes down.

scott
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
how can you not swallow one that small

That's what I thought! Just imagine it's a sweet or something lol. Not that that helps me but nvm.

& In my previous post i meant shape not ship 8-)

Stephen
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
ship tablets, reminds me of them chewable bear vitamin tablets

hairpins
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
ask ya docktor for sum liquid medsisines insteed if yew karnt swalow PMSL?

Describe
11-01-2011, 07:07 PM

I thought this was the whole idea of taking them with a liquid. You could always try hiding them in food such as pieces of ham or cheese and digesting them that way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!