PDA

View Full Version : Ok need a cheap solution to replace..

Conservative,
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Right, so I've now lost:

A DS Lite
A crappy phone

and broken (well my brother for one):

a PSP
iPod Touch (64GB)

and I need a cheap solution to all of them - I thought about iPhone but my parents refuse to even think about it and I can't get a job for another year so I'm skint for another year "/. If there is anything I can get to replace one or more of these with birthday money (next month - max of about £200) then that'd be cool. I don't particular want to go pre-owned because that has bad history with me.

+rep for good suggestions

(in summary I need a cheap solution to replace as many of the above as possible).

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Technology Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

Chippiewill
11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
iPhone. Sorted.

Replaces:

- Phone
- iPod
- Touch Screen Gaming Device (DS)
- PSP (More games for iPhone than PSP and you can get games like GTA :D)

Edit:

Or you could get the PSP Phone coming soon or whatever but it won't be as awesome as playing music as an iPod touch.

Luke
12-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah. agreed. the iPhone pretty much sums it up (if you're not a hardc0re gamer)

Trinity
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
iPhone. Sorted.

Replaces:

- Phone
- iPod
- Touch Screen Gaming Device (DS)
- PSP (More games for iPhone than PSP and you can get games like GTA :D)

Edit:

Or you could get the PSP Phone coming soon or whatever but it won't be as awesome as playing music as an iPod touch.

Yeah. agreed. the iPhone pretty much sums it up (if you're not a hardc0re gamer)

He said he can't get an iphone.

If I were you I'd get a new ipod touch, I know you can get the 8gb for less than £200, not sure about the others.
That would sort of replace the DS, the PSP and the ipod touch. You won't have as much storage space on it as you used to, but it's better than nothing. Depending on how much change you get from the £200, you should also be able to buy a crappy little phone. I'd take a look at pre-owned phones, I know you don't really want to but you won't be risking much money.

Jam
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
£20 Tesco Basic Mobile
£40 SanDisk Sansa MP3/Sony Walkman

£140 kept waiting for a 3DS and/or PSP2.

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM

If I were you I'd get a new ipod touch, I know you can get the 8gb for less than £200, not sure about the others.
That would sort of replace the DS, the PSP and the ipod touch. You won't have as much storage space on it as you used to, but it's better than nothing. Depending on how much change you get from the £200, you should also be able to buy a crappy little phone. I'd take a look at pre-owned phones, I know you don't really want to but you won't be risking much money.

£20 Tesco Basic Mobile
£40 SanDisk Sansa MP3/Sony Walkman

£140 kept waiting for a 3DS and/or PSP2.

I'll look into these two. Thanks for the suggestions from all :D My dad found out the other day about my iPod I was like eh "/ can we take it to apple and he said no it's water damage so can't do anything :l oh well I'll see what I got for my bday then I'll take it from there :)

Chippiewill
12-01-2011, 05:53 PM
My eyes kept straining last night trying to read through the whole thing :'(

I'd still take a look at the PSP Phone, it could be good.

Edit: You *could* get a second hand iPhone

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
My eyes kept straining last night trying to read through the whole thing :'(

I'd still take a look at the PSP Phone, it could be good.

Edit: You *could* get a second hand iPhone

I could get a second hand iPhone but as I said don't really want second hand and at the moment I don't know the exact budget I'm working with so yeah. The PSP phone looks good but it will most likely be expensive...

Chippiewill
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM
The PSP phone looks good but it will most likely be expensive...
It'll be based of android so the pricing might not be out of reach.

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
It'll be based of android so the pricing might not be out of reach.

Oh ok. It looks set to launch in April am I right?

Chippiewill
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh ok. It looks set to launch in April am I right?

Technically it doesn't exist, anything about that is speculation.

Conservative,
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Technically it doesn't exist, anything about that is speculation.

Oh lol, I just googled it and saw something about it out in April, but if that's the case then ok lol. If it is fairly priced I might get that an iPod nano or shuffle or something.

Chippiewill
12-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh lol, I just googled it and saw something about it out in April, but if that's the case then ok lol. If it is fairly priced I might get that an iPod nano or shuffle or something.
Sony haven't announced anything about it yet, just leaked stuff. And go for the Nano so you have a watch :P

Jam
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
The 6th generation Nano is Apple's worst decision made since firing Jobs.

Trinity
13-01-2011, 02:06 PM
The 6th generation Nano is Apple's worst decision made since firing Jobs.

I completely disagree. I don't own one but I've played around with one and I absolutely love every part of it.
What don't you like about it?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!