PDA

View Full Version : A message for our fellow queenslanders

ihatehash
12-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Hey habbox staff.
You have probably heard of the floods devestating Queensland, Australia. Thought I'd just create a thread for the staff of habbox that may have family or themselves involved with the tragedy. We wish you the best and hope that everything goes well for you and your family. Remember that you are in everyones prayers. I don't think anyone can understand what it would be like to be living in QLD right now but heres a video that may show you what the floods are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYUpkPTcqPY&feature=aso

Once again, we hope everything goes well, and if you happen to know one of the 80 (i think it is) missing people, I hope you can find them and be reunited.

thanks, mike.

.:Wahu:.
12-01-2011, 04:18 AM
there is now 12deaths and 67 missing i think

its so tragic :'( please people you have to donate, if you live in australia anywhere please donate there are ways: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

so many people have been affected by these floods, when i watched the video it was so sad seeing the rush of the water, they never say it coming. everything was washed away in seconds.

and its still happening right now, i will try and donate asap, i wish i could get to qld and help out but unforunatly i cant :(
we must all pitch in for this 75% of qld is in this now, and we have to help them out.
please do so guys breaking news just then the brisbane river is at its peak, meaning more floods more damage.
Brisbane the capital in danger please help out guys. Qld needs your help

Erin :(

i also forgot to add thanks to New Zealand that are helping us at this moment
and every country that has offered to help.
please donate everyone, peoples lives have been changed. there are places that are completely underwater.
with the death toll to rise and the damage toll to be millions Qld needs your help :(

Inspiration
12-01-2011, 05:07 AM
That is actualy so bad , Never realised how bad things were ;[

12-01-2011, 05:16 AM
That is actualy so bad , Never realised how bad things were ;[

its really bad :(
billions will be lost from this $9billion for crops and food
tourism damage so much lost its so sad :'(

Hayleigh
12-01-2011, 06:51 AM
I didn't realise it was like this either ,,, I hope more people are brought into safety and the floods stop soon <3

Josh
12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
I didn't realise it was like this either ,,, I hope more people are brought into safety and the floods stop soon <3

The entire thing was in a flash, like yesterday. My town didn't any of this horrible flash flooding, just high river peaks. I consider myself lucky.

qaxzsw
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Poor aussies, my thoughts are with all the queenlanders.

sammy
12-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh dear, hope for everyone that's been affected in any way that things get better :(.

Calvin
12-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Such a shame. I just hope everyone turns out okay and the floods go away soon. :(

Mathew
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Hope everything gets better for you guys. I've never seen anything like that before!

piperc
12-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Its Terrible. Erin Showed Me the Article a few Days ago.
I Would Donate If I could! I hate not being able to do anything.
But I really hope Everything works out soon!

piperc
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
its really bad :(
billions will be lost from this $9billion for crops and food
tourism damage so much lost its so sad :'(
It Reminds me of the New Orleans Flood here from The Hurricane. :[
"The final death toll was at 1,836, primarily from Louisiana (1,577) and Mississippi (238). It’s very difficult to determine the exact cause of the deaths but they were all caused either directly or indirectly by the Hurricane. An estimated 80% of New Orleans was under water, up to 20 feet deep in places. Hurricane Katrina caused $75 billion in estimated physical damages, the most costly hurricane in history, but it is estimated that the total economic impact in Louisiana and Mississippi may exceed $150 billion."
Its Mad Terrible! I Hope Those Missing people are really found.

Gina
12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Wow +rep mike
I feel like so happy im not there at but I feel so bad for everyone there
that is just unbelivable
I never knew it was like that

Jurv
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I have only just heard about this and it's quite shocking, I hope things get better for Australia.

:Markster:
12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
This is definitely bad, what makes it worse is the irony of the floods happening at the dry parts of Australia where there are restrictions on water usage and so on. Our minds are with the people of Queensland and definitely hope that things will get better soon.

HotelUser
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm glad to see you're in a safe place Josh.

Judas
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
can someone give me a link where i can donate in sterling (£) please> because on the queensland official government site it's in australian dollars anad i dont have any of those but surely theres one where we can donate... i really want to help in whatever way possible.

Con
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
can someone give me a link where i can donate in sterling (£) please> because on the queensland official government site it's in australian dollars anad i dont have any of those but surely theres one where we can donate... i really want to help in whatever way possible.

If your donating through your bank account it'll just take it out in the equivalant conversion. So like say you had £100 it would take out like 10 australian dollars and it'll be like £89.84573975 left in your account (I don't actually know the conversion that was just example ;p )

This is crazy seriously, it's weird how like the bridges are covered and things can't explain what I'm thinking but yeah

Judas
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
If your donating through your bank account it'll just take it out in the equivalant conversion. So like say you had £100 it would take out like 10 australian dollars and it'll be like £89.84573975 left in your account (I don't actually know the conversion that was just example ;p )

ok thank you aha i'll try tomorrow.

Pigperson
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I just watched the news and it's down to this "l" word, forgot what it was. Basically storms are caused which break down the dams. Similar things have happened in Sri Lanka and Brazil :(

These unfortunate natural events are really sad :( Hope everyone stays safe.

Will

13-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Its Terrible. Erin Showed Me the Article a few Days ago.
I Would Donate If I could! I hate not being able to do anything.
But I really hope Everything works out soon!

Heyy Piper :) you can donate from this site
http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
theres a international way :)

also thanks to you guys for showing support in these tough times.
please spread the word of: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html
$36million AUD about 22million Pounds has been donated since the 11am 12/1/10
thats outstanding so please donate because its always possible :)

Jazz
13-01-2011, 06:33 AM
My heart goes out to the people in Austrailia x +rep Mike and Erin

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!