PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Flood Appeal

karter
12-01-2011, 06:25 AM
You can help this worthwhile cause.
We received a huge response from Habbos wanting to help the victims of the devastating Queensland floods.
The Queensland Government is taking donations on behalf of the Premier’s Disaster relief appeal. The easiest way to donate is to visit this website if you wish to help >>
The Australian Red Cross is also taking donations >>
Remember every little bit counts Habbos and you can donate online, via phone or through internet banking.
On behalf of the Habbo staff, our hearts go out to those affected and we thank everyone for their support.

- Fozzie, Smoothcriminal and Puffin.

Read : http://www.habbo.com/articles/2174-queensland-flood-appeal

Fiendly
12-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Read this, disappointing that they didn't have a sticker/badge appeal this time like they did for the Bushfire Appeal '08.
Habbox should get onto this appeal, maybe. I would donate but I'm financially unstable as I'm only 17 and still jobless :(

Anyways, at least they're making more people aware.

Josh
12-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Read this, disappointing that they didn't have a sticker/badge appeal this time like they did for the Bushfire Appeal '08.
Habbox should get onto this appeal, maybe. I would donate but I'm financially unstable as I'm only 17 and still jobless :(

Anyways, at least they're making more people aware.

They should have definitely had some promotional thing or something. Like a percentage of credit purchases get donated towards the appeal and you'd get a badge for it. Would have got some money for them AND to support QLDers.

Also:

We received a huge response from Habbos wanting to help the victims of the devastating Queensland floods.

People actually had to contact them to get this on the homepage? Really?

Fiendly
12-01-2011, 06:44 AM
They should have definitely had some promotional thing or something. Like a percentage of credit purchases get donated towards the appeal and you'd get a badge for it. Would have got some money for them AND to support QLDers.

Would be better to release a furni item or have promotional things that actually go to them to donate.
But I do like the idea of a sticker/badge or something that goes straight to the fund.

People actually had to contact them to get this on the homepage? Really?

I'll take a stab and it might be based around mottos/homes/rooms?

I think before the merge was a great idea in my opinion.. They seemed to care more, now they don't.

Nick
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Apparently, i didnt hear the whole story but some people were scamming people in the OLD floods by using fake credit cards id or somehting. This is what i heard my parents talking about at breakfast but i didnt catch the whole story

Ajthedragon
12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice to see habbo contributing money gained from credits. :rolleyes:

Josh
12-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Would be better to release a furni item or have promotional things that actually go to them to donate.
But I do like the idea of a sticker/badge or something that goes straight to the fund.

I'll take a stab and it might be based around mottos/homes/rooms?

I think before the merge was a great idea in my opinion.. They seemed to care more, now they don't.

Not a piece of furniture as the credits have already been bought. I think it'd be best if you bought credits, some of that money would go to the people affected by the floods and then possibly a piece of furniture (re-released piece of furniture with a different name) .

This is Sulake 2k11 though, they wouldn't do it. All they care about is profits which I can understand since they're a business. But their business is a community based online game; they should be caring about users and should be helping. If you want proof to why they care about profits, check out sulake.com and read the boastful (word or not) articles all about their new found profits since they changed mods to .sg mods and merging the hotels.

It's a disgrace and I still can't believe I play this game.

Steee
12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice to see habbo contributing to this appeal

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!