PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on punk.

dementedpixel
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Punk is just a label.Once it was actally Punk.That was around when S*x pistols and ramons and the likes were around.Now adays its hard to find decent punk music.
People call me a punk or a goth.I disagree with them Im myself.
Once (If id been alive) I would have been proud to be called a punk.
When people like SImple Plan say ''We are proud punks''I don't understand why they say that.Yes i like them but i dont think they are punks.If someone was clad in Old Punk bands items i would call them a prep or a fak.Why i hear you say.
Preps are a group.If you dress like others you'r a prep.
If you just dress like a punk or a goth or a chav to follow the group then you'r a fake.

What are your veiws.
I'll rant more later. :)

xJoeYx
12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I do understand what you might be saying, there are alot of fakers about, well not fakers.. just people that think genres are different to what you think. Though I do hate the 'sheep' in society making bad names for the rest of us.
I myself (i dont like saying it) but im a goth, i do actually listen to mainly goth music, not all this modern stuff, that many think is goth (e.g. marilyn manson, nightwish, lacuna coil, cradle of filth..), but real 80's is where it lies.
Punk & Goth is very different from other stereotypes, they were born out of the music!
My opinion is, both punk and goth music has died down alot, thus making the sub cultures hard to follow correctly? I know many would disagree with me, and say its merely changed, maybe it has, but its my opinion.

Rawr
12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
S*x pistols one of my favourite bands. Down with Chavs. :d

Orange_Parasol
12-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah Chavs Are Gay : My Converses :P http://tinypic.com/ados5j.jpg

Orange_Parasol
12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
So Are You Saying People That Wear Burberry Hats Nike Trainers And Freaking Tracsute Bottoms Arnt Chav!?!?!!

NekkLe
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
The only true punks I see these days are down Camden Town.

I havn't really heard/seen them since punk music was common?

Pawf
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
We got loads of fakers in my school. One girl called Lauren woke up one day and decided to be a mosher (before then she had took the pi'ss out of me and my mates for being moshers), then like every girl in the year followed her. Now whenever a 'mo walks past it's like "Oh my freeaking gawd!! An emooooo!" ¬.¬

Orange_Parasol
12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Lmao That Is Funny :P

splintercell!
12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
punk dosent exist anymore.. well not while Blink 182 exist.

xJoeYx
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah Chavs Are Gay : My Converses :P http://tinypic.com/ados5j.jpg

I fight back with my boots. check mate. (not really to do with the thread).

Rashelly
13-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Joey's new rocks win over converse for sure...Ironically Converse are owned by Nike
*** pistols = one of the worst punk bands ever formed.
And whoever said punk has died down should come to Birmingham and spend one night at the bars I go to.
It's a fashion trend, it'll die down in a few years, the silly sheep will move onto the next big thing and then no one will moan about how commercial it's become.
:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!