PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Looking for presenters for Official Student Radio (Non-Habbo)

peteyt
13-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I've been running a small online radio station for a while and from the end of January/February, the Student Union of the University of Cumbria, will be marketing it as an official student radio. It's not the actual University itself, which is actually a positive, as it will mean its actually run by students for students.

While we will be getting some students from the University to present, there are plenty of slots available. The University has been in debt and just pulling itself out so wont be able to actually make it FM or anything. So simply they are sponsoring the online radio station I've been running for a while myself and advertising/marketing it on their website, on campus and on there physical and digital publications. What we should get out of it is a lot of advertising and a large audience. I've met with the Student Union who are behind us 100 percent. They informed me they get paid by companies to advertise special student deals, special events e.g. nightclub offers and so on. They are going to ask each client if they would like to pay a little extra to advertise with us with us getting the profit.

The Schedule on our website at the moment isn't 100 percent up to date and as slots keep being taken it won't be updated for a short while. If your interested just reply or PM me.

For those who are interested, the station is 100 percent legal, PPL and PRS license, has a legal music subscription service giving all of our presenters new tracks weekly (And it cost you lot nothing). Our license's also allow us to store music on a server as long as it's protected, so we are looking at obtaining a VPS soon for downloading and uploading music (simply a large library all of our presenters can use).

We are also available on the iPhone/iPod with a specially designed website automatically being detected when you go onto the website. We are working on doing something similar with other devices e.g. android based phones, blackberry's etc.

Feel free to visit www.riseagainstmedia.com for more information. If you have any questions about anything I will happily answer.

Marbian
13-01-2011, 05:03 PM
RAM's been around for ages, and people come and go... even with a owner that puts his life into it. If you people want to be part of something huge, get applying!

peteyt
13-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah its one of the stations that won't simply give up and fade away - and now we are actually getting somewhere

Jahova
13-01-2011, 09:08 PM
RAM is great. Shame I had to leave the team because of lack of time to do my show but loved DJing there :)

peteyt
13-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah and we enjoyed having an actual DJ ha - there seems quite a few of them these days on the web lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!