PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Nightmare

Firehorse
14-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Last saturday I ordered 4 Hard Drives from ebuyer. I chose the 5 day delivery option because normally you'd think they would dispatch it on the monday and arrive by wednesday. So first problem: They took my money on monday (£176) and then kept my items "ready to dispatch" for 3 days before actually doing so. They were finally dispatched yesterday with CityLink next day delivery. According to citylink's website it should have been in a van for delivery by now, but hasn't even reached their depo which should have happened last night. So I came home just to check if their tracking was working and if they'd left any parcels (people are in the house and otherwise they'd leave a note right?)

Ebuyer won't do anything about it unless you've waited 21 days after they shipped it, which takes the piss really.

So the first recommendation from me: Don't use ebuyer because they use CityLink.

I went and looked to see if these problems are common with CityLink and found this review site: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews93418.html

Not a single review above 1 star and they all have stories of being unable to get through to customer service, their packages being broken in transit due to carelessness, drivers being witnessed jumping out of vans and leaving a note to say they called without knocking even when people ARE at home.

Appauling don't you think? If I don't get my parcel on Monday or they don't have it available in the depo would that technically mean any breach of contract by ebuyer for going over 5 days, or CityLink for going over 1 day. Would I be able to open a paypal dispute?

Stephen!
14-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I would just wait until Monday.

You should really have got next day delivery. That supersaver option can be extremely risky if you are in a hurry. Basically if you choose the 5 working day option you are placed on the ass end of their order system and they'll process it when they can be bothered.

Isn't that delivery option free? If so, you really don't have anything to complain about.

Describe
14-01-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't think you would be able to open a dispute after 21 days, I'm currently waiting on a first class mail order from Royal Mail that was shipped out on the fifth and I have to wait fifteen days for Amazon to refund me if the item isn't delivered.

Sheen
14-01-2011, 02:27 PM
You would think that ebuyer would investigate the company they are doing business with, however I have purchased from ebuyer before with no problems and they have used Royal Mail :S.

But yes I would open a dispute in paypal if you don't get it on Monday, that is just beyond a joke.

Firehorse
14-01-2011, 03:34 PM
You would think that ebuyer would investigate the company they are doing business with, however I have purchased from ebuyer before with no problems and they have used Royal Mail :S.

But yes I would open a dispute in paypal if you don't get it on Monday, that is just beyond a joke.

Ebuyer send stuff with royal mail if it's under half a kilo and under a certain amount of money.

AgnesIO
14-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Why are you moaning about free delivery? :P

I ordered about £850 worth from eBuyer - on super saver. Came in 3/4 days.

Firehorse
14-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Why are you moaning about free delivery? :P

I ordered about £850 worth from eBuyer - on super saver. Came in 3/4 days.

It's still over the time, if i'd known this would happen i'd have been happy to pay another £5 or whatever - but then the same problems could arise since it'd still be sent with City Link.

I phoned City Link and their excuse was "It was mis-processed and sent to the wrong depo, it will be re-dispatched on monday". The only reason they're even attempting delivery on monday is because I phoned, before that there was no tracking change and it could have been sitting on a shelf for weeks.

Sheen
15-01-2011, 10:13 AM
That is ridiculous, ebuyer should really use a different courier, like DHL.

Recursion
15-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Never had any problems with Super Saver my self, order it, dispatched 2 days later via next day courier, saves me £6ish+ and I only have to wait 2 days longer ;D

Firehorse
15-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Ebuyer have offered me a free next day delivery token for the delay :)

Oleh
15-01-2011, 11:35 AM
id expect a free tv if i had spent that much and had it mess up.

Firehorse
15-01-2011, 11:39 AM
id expect a free tv if i had spent that much and had it mess up.

Well it's not like I spent more than £500 with them, if i'd done the £800 order with ebuyer instead of Overclockers then i'm sure they'd probably offer some sort of compensation. But i'm happy with this because i'm planning on ordering a graphics card in the near future too so it's all good.

Sheen
15-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Ebuyer have offered me a free next day delivery token for the delay :)

So they should :dance:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!