PDA

View Full Version : Over Powering Friend

Narnat,
15-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Myself and this girl have been friends for about 7 months now and we are now really close, you could call us best friends. Recently I have noticed and a few of my other friends have noticed that she is beginning to get a bit overpowering but it's always on me. She is really funny and really sarcastic but she uses the sarcasm to her advantage and takes everything to another level and aims it all at me. Also she is kind of expecting me to clear my plans for her, My cousin and her daughter are visiting for the month and after the month has gone I wont see them again until November (they are in the army posted in Germany) and my mate keeps asking me to go out it's just she always asks at the wrong times or after I have arranged something and it's always with my cousin and stuff and I really do try to explain that I can't help it but I want to spend more time with them because I wont see them for a while and all I get back is ''Oh nice to see who your friend is'' or stuff like ''Oh your always busy whenever I ask''. The when I'm not busy and she asks she just says sarcastic things to wind me up to feel bad for not going out with her. Also she has a habbit of expecting me to ask her to stay like she always hints at it and she stays a lot and sometimes I just want a weekend to myself or just a bit of a break.I can really see our friendship going down the drain soon unless things change. Any advice would be appreciated +Rep to everyone who helps

Sorry If it's hard to understand it's hard to explain

Sharon
15-01-2011, 02:17 AM
She doesn't sound understanding but if think it's right just have it out with her and just be like "look I have a life too and people to see, so can you just go with someone else!!!" (Nicer obviously)

But really imo you should hang with someone else, I'd hate a friend like her.

Narnat,
15-01-2011, 02:18 AM
She doesn't sound understanding but if think it's right just have it out with her and just be like "look I have a life too and people to see, so can you just go with someone else!!!" (Nicer obviously)

But really imo you should hang with someone else, I'd hate a friend like her.

Thanks, Don't get me wrong I mean she can be nice but she has her moments.

wiktoria
15-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I have been friends with this girl for 5 years now and she used to be exactly the same and whenever I said no to her she just started going in a mood with me because she wanted everything her way and I was always the bad one and I didn't want to say anything to her but once I phoned her up and I started talking to her about it and that sometimes I just can't do what she wants me to do this was about 2 years ago and she is still my best friend but she doesn't mind if I can't go somewhere any more and when she's sarcastic to me i'm just sarcastic back and she just takes it as a joke..so maybe talk to her about it but say it nicely because it will probably turn into an argument if you don't. About the sarcastic thing do the same back to her and if she doesn't like it tell her she's doing the same thing to you.

Jacob
15-01-2011, 09:34 AM
She sounds like she is using you in some way. Don't let her be the puppeteer and control you! I'd slowly adapt to making new friends and for the best I think you should start to leave her. Overpowering friends are usually quite bad for you in terms of self confidence etc.

bkps
15-01-2011, 10:04 AM
hmm, she's trying to control you, isn't she? hmm make you feel guilty. Happened to me before, but I put em straight. Just tell them: Listen, I told yoyu I can't go out, ok? I'm sorry but I'm busy. If she keeps saying stuff like 'Oh I see how it is then' Just walk away. Don't snap at her(I did to my friend LOL) just walk away

Oleh
15-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Tell her straight. "if your not happy with me leading my own independent life outside our relationship then you know what you can do.." then whatever she says goes. No need to tell her what to do just let her imply that way she wont get mardy because your telling her what to do.

kuzkasate
15-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Just tell her what you told us, explain, but be gentle. If after that shes like "OH SO THATS HOW IT IS NOW YEH? DONT SPEAK TO ME!" then you can really see that shes a right stuck up cow and you shouldnt be mates with her, but if shes okay with it, then it will all be fine.

Alexx..
15-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Just tell her straight that you're not happy with how she talks to you OR you could do this...

BE SARCASTIC BACK AND *****SLAP HER.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!