PDA

View Full Version : How To Downgrade Your Minecraft! (2 minutes Max)

redtom
15-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I already posted this but loads of people keep posting their getting the error so meh....

This fixes the error - something something missing byte or invalid byte. well it something like that. It just means your using a newer version of the game when the server your using to connect to is using the older one.

Do What I say *******!

The Downloads
I've scanned all these files and used them all myself no problems but it doesn't hurt to scan them yourselves just in case.

The Client (http://www.mediafire.com/?339g06xds3c0g61) - You'll be using this to run Minecraft, once you've downgraded don't run the original Minecraft client because it will auto update. Place this on your desktop or where ever you want just remember to run this instead of the original.

Extract the contents of theses and leave them where you can easily get at them...

Version File (http://www.mediafire.com/?lu7bjizr41gejjv) - We'll be using this to trick the new client into thinking there is an update - even though there is it need this file for some reason.

The Old Version Of Minecraft (http://www.fileplay.net/f/12487/mirrors#mirror-top) - This contains the old Bin folder from before the update.

Step one - Find the .minecraft Folder

First you going to have to go to your .minecraft folder.
To do this open you run (to do this go to accessories and run should be there, or search it) Type in %appdata% enter, the .minecraft folder will be in there open it up.

Step Two - Editing The Folder.

Now You're in this folder I want you to rename the bin folder, what ever you like but it seems that "bin - update" would be the best.

You now have to copy the bin folder we downloaded earlier into this file. simple drag and drop, copy and paste what ever you like :O

Go into the bin you just put there and put the version file in their we also downloaded.

B00M You're DONE! :D

Step Three - Lets Play Some Minecraft W00T

Open up the client we downloaded, login and continue without the update.
Remember to use this client every time you want to play minecraft or it will auto update, which you dont want to do until the server you play on has been updated.

SIMPLES

So that's it, any problems just ask!

Ohhh and thanks go to Josh he's the one who found the client we need to use.

Stephen!
15-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Why can't we just update the server?

Nemo
15-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Why can't we just update the server?
no hey0 mod/bukkit yet, when it is released im sure we'll update.

Recursion
15-01-2011, 03:07 PM
no hey0 mod/bukkit yet, when it is released im sure we'll update.

This.

Hey0 (the server mod that gives an API for plugins) is no longer in development and so hasn't been updated for the new version, and it's replacement, Bukkit, isn't out yet.

Chippiewill
15-01-2011, 07:51 PM
"How To Downgrade Your Minecraft! (2 minutes Max)"

It takes longer than two minutes to read.

redtom
15-01-2011, 07:55 PM
You should try and get your reading age above 5 then.

mynameiswootzeh
15-01-2011, 08:31 PM
looks like effort, cba

Chippiewill
15-01-2011, 08:49 PM
You should try and get your reading age above 5 then.

Well your grammar is rubbish, not my fault :(

Nemo
15-01-2011, 08:59 PM
"How To Downgrade Your Minecraft! (2 minutes Max)"

It takes longer than two minutes to read.

*REMOVED*. "(2 minutes max)" is obv just an estimation and hes just insinuating it doesnt take very long at all. *REMOVED*

And as far as calling his grammar rubbish, well don't read it then. He's merely trying to help *REMOVED*

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to other users, thanks.

Wig44.
15-01-2011, 09:00 PM
You're not funny or intelligent.

@redtom: Thanks very much for this.

[Chris]
15-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Also, you dont need the minecraft.exe

You need:

Update YOUR Mc to the latest version
Rename the minecraft file in Appdata > Minecraft > Bin to Minecraft-newest
Drag the OLD Minecraft.jar file into your .bin file

= Old minecraft.

The Latest Version tells it it doesnt need to update. when in reality, you have the older version.

redtom
18-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I thought that would work when but when I tried that mine auto updated on load. That's why I downloaded the altered client.

Josh
18-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Can't believe people are too lazy to downgrade and would rather us just update. Just wow.

Stephen!
19-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I did this, and it says it can't connect to minecraft net

Josh
19-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I can't succesfully login either and the Minecraft page doesn't load.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2812089385/the-web-server-is-struggling-were-migrating

redtom
19-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah the minecraft server is having a few problems, its pretty much luck if you can connect or not.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!