PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting it!! need help.

Thomas
15-01-2011, 07:06 PM
K i need a basic run down of the game...
what can i do?
what do you do?
what type of accounts are there like on runescape there are pures and stuff.
is it worth the money? (£26 i think)
whats the aim of the game? whats the end of it?
any other info i'd need to know?

tylermunjkt
15-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey,
You can quest to lvl 85 ( If have cataclysm ) and do dungeons/raids...
There are Lots of races and combinations like: Night Elf, Human, Gnome, Dwarf etc
It is worth the money!
To be honest, i would check the website.. type in: Battle.net In google. for more info.

Axel
15-01-2011, 07:22 PM
When you're new and fresh there is a hell of a lot to do.
You can level to 85 now and train tons of different professions along the way like archaeology, fishing, cooking etc but the game is a lot more focused around like just being level 85 rather than maxing out skills to level 99 like runescape which takes forever. 85 doesn't take too long. You can get 85 by doing lots of things, dungeons, questing, or PVP. There are tons of places to go to quest, tons of dungeons and a few pvp battlegrounds. And there aren't really things like pures... you can make one I guess, but it's not done that often.
It's an MMO so there's not really an aim, it's pretty much endless, but endgame is doing the hardest dungeons, or getting the best arena rating I guess (pvp).
And ye it's not just £26 or whatever there's £9 a month too but if you enjoy it then it's worth it.

Thomas
15-01-2011, 09:51 PM
egh im not paying £9 a month :S

Flisker
15-01-2011, 11:18 PM
/thread then I guess...

The game is well worth the money for the social and game play aspect of it. However if you do not think the investment is worth it then that's your choice :)

kasi
14-02-2011, 08:57 PM
download the free trial and test it out yourself
it's insanely addicting, just a warning

ben
15-02-2011, 06:53 PM
better than runescape

cu

Eoin247
15-02-2011, 07:23 PM
egh im not paying £9 a month :S

It's well worth the money mate. It is far better than runescape. However be advised, for the first year at least it is extremely addicting. You got to have some good will power to control play time :) I played RS for years before Wow and wow is definitaly the better game.

Gibs960
15-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't, it's really addictive and totally not worth the money!

TehJoshy
16-02-2011, 04:13 PM
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/ - Read this section of the official site, then tell us your opinion of the game. Many of us here have been playing for at LEAST 3 years, some of us longer think of all those £8.99's ! Must do something right to get over 12million players worldwide paying that price each month.

Hiro
16-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I guess £3/month on something like RuneScape is far better than £9/month on something with more communication/team work and replay-ability.

Gibs960
16-02-2011, 10:40 PM
My friend stopped coming out because of this game... So whoever -repped me read this post! And everyone that I know at my school (not just in my year) didn't stop playing for like 2 months until they reached a really high level.

Eoin247
17-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Don't, it's really addictive and totally not worth the money!

Surely if it's addictive it means it is a good game and therefore worth the money mate?

Like with any computer game, if you have some self control the addictive aspect shouldn't be a problem.

Hiro
17-02-2011, 02:53 AM
My friend stopped coming out because of this game... So whoever -repped me read this post! And everyone that I know at my school (not just in my year) didn't stop playing for like 2 months until they reached a really high level.

That's just bad discipline and parenting. Surely his/her parents should have stopped them from playing so much. There are parental controls for a reason.

ben
17-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Addiction is down to yourself

bye

Gibs960
17-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah but if it's addictive it's a good game yeah but not good because you lose friends. Like everyone that played at my school did.

ben
17-02-2011, 11:36 PM
It was their choice to become addicted, the game didn't do it they did.

Nemo
17-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Yeah but if it's addictive it's a good game yeah but not good because you lose friends. Like everyone that played at my school did.
well if everyone played it then surely they kept their friends since they were all playin together

Eoin247
18-02-2011, 11:28 AM
well if everyone played it then surely they kept their friends since they were all playin together

Yeah. So Gibs how many people did play it in your school then?

Gibs960
19-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I said everyone that played meaning, everyone that did play lost friends because they stopped going out to cinema or something.

About 5/6 people started playing and only one quit because he said "it's too addictive and too much money".

Also I've played it and I don't think it's worth the money, you could buy a PS3 for the price you pay a month.

Hiro
20-02-2011, 02:10 AM
I said everyone that played meaning, everyone that did play lost friends because they stopped going out to cinema or something.

About 5/6 people started playing and only one quit because he said "it's too addictive and too much money".

Also I've played it and I don't think it's worth the money, you could buy a PS3 for the price you pay a month.

I understand that people get addicted to it and yes, it's down to them and also their parents. I hate it when people complain about games being too addictive, if you can't handle it use the ******* parental controls. They are there to monitor time spent playing the game...
£9/month really isn't that much, and to afford a PS3 you would have to be subscribed to World of Warcraft for 27 months...

Danzilla
28-02-2011, 04:25 PM
You can only get addicted if you let yourself get addicted. I play for years and i still used to go out all the time. I mean i dont even play it anymore and i dont think i wasted any money, its a good fun game and if your a new player its great. I miss when i was like level 12 and thought that because i had 5g i was rich aha.
Its only £10 a month and you get the first month free. Best thing you can do really is just play it to see if you like it.

ben
28-02-2011, 06:04 PM
consoles suck though

Rashelly
10-03-2011, 07:45 AM
whoops, only saw the first page of replies... Ignore this post

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!