PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection problems!

Jacob
16-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey,

Earlier today I was at my aunts on the computer and I went off and came back realising my cousin had played around with it. He seemed to of done something that has disconnected the computer from the internet and I can't seem to fix it! I clicked trouble shoot and it came up with 'Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration' I turned the computer off and then pulled all the wires out of the modem and router and plugged them back in again. Once I restarted the computer it said 'The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken'

I went home and looked for ways to resolve it but there seems to be so many of them. I don't really want to pay for someone to come and fix it or ring my internet provider if it's not needed. I've tried many different methods that have not worked - reset things, unplugged routers and modems and restarted the computer.

Can someone give me a solution?:S

Jack!
16-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Messed with your internet settings by the sounds of it.

Right click on the connection in Network Connections, Then go into this connection uses the following items, Look for internet protocols, click on it, then properties, make sure its all on auto.

Jacob
17-01-2011, 02:02 PM
It's working now! I had to unplug the router and the modem as well and then wait about 30 seconds... then I had to set a new connection again. ;) I appreciate you trying +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!