PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness and free trade to return 1st Feb 2011

Kyle
17-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you to all those of you who took part in the historic RuneScape Referendum, which ended on Friday. We received an incredible 1.2 million votes, with a united 91% of you voting for the restoration of free trade and the Wilderness. We have heard your call and will be restoring these much loved features to RuneScape on Tuesday 1st February.

The clock is ticking and you have just two weeks to get ready for this monumental update. To help you prepare, we will be releasing a series of guides, FAQs and expert advice about the Wilderness and free trade, so that players both old and new can get ready for this epic release.

Now it is up to you to prepare for battle, level your account, gear up your armour and equip yourself for the ultimate Wilderness experience.

There is just one question left unanswered: are you ready?

Mark Gerhard and the RuneScape Team

heh =)

Josh
17-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Hmm quite interesting. Bets on how long until it gets removed again.

Callum.
17-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Hmm quite interesting. Bets on how long until it gets removed again.

I don't think they would. It would be like company suicide. They got away with it first time, but adding and taking it away would be even worse. Oh and I don't think I'll play too much.

Marbian
17-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I now currently have a hate against jagex lol.

2 weeks ago, 14th votes close and announced! then, 17, we announce, we all hoping it to be released today, but now even a extra 2 weeks! gaaaaaaa.

Kyle
17-01-2011, 03:22 PM
If you were expecting it to all be sorted over the weekend then you're dumb

Marbian
17-01-2011, 03:24 PM
since before christmas, isnt a weekend, my friend.

Kyle
17-01-2011, 03:27 PM
The vote only closed 3 days ago...

Callum.
17-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I wonder what will happen to the prices of stuff. I can see santas going down a lot. Masks probably. Phats staying high. Not too sure with discs/easter/pumpkin. Before the 2007 update santas were like 20m? pumpkin/easter 8m? Masks 20-30m?

Kyle
17-01-2011, 03:31 PM
purple phat has crashed, selling for min ge atm

everything is crashing, santa hoarders gonna be gutted when they go back down to 20-30m

Neversoft
17-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Neversoft to return 1st Feb 2011. Someone sell me mills.

Alex3213
17-01-2011, 03:59 PM
since before christmas, isnt a weekend, my friend.

yes but I highly doubt jagex were expecting to get however many votes supporting this within 24 hours. I think 1st Feb is a reasonable time, I'd have presumed it would be a couple weeks after that. Glad it's returning tbh though :)

Sameer!
17-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Nice, I quit runescape years ago when they took out wildierness and the unlimited trade, might return now. :)

BoyBetterKnow
17-01-2011, 04:11 PM
AGES AWAY.

Oh well, in 2 weeks that gives me the time to earn cash for a new computer (need for web dev anyway) which will mean better pking.

Just leveling magic to 94 at the moment.

Thomas
17-01-2011, 04:12 PM
-sets up all my accounts gold farming >.>

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 04:22 PM
oh might actualy play properly again now :)

JoeyK.
17-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, at least it gives me time to finish off my mage and other reqs for DT. Really not looking forward to doing that quest again :/

Ed.
17-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Welcome back Habbo for RS trading tbh.

Thomas
17-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Welcome back Habbo for RS trading tbh.
agreed :)

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 04:40 PM
agreed :)

I think somebody on the forum complained about it in feedback recently and now management aren't going to allow it on habboxforum :(

MJJ
17-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not too fussed about the Wilderness coming back but I can't wait for free trade. I'm really glad that they're keeping the GE so I can still sell my random items but nothing beats trading in W2 Falador. :P

Thomas
17-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm not too fussed about the Wilderness coming back but I can't wait for free trade. I'm really glad that they're keeping the GE so I can still sell my random items but nothing beats trading in W2 Falador. :P

agreed again!

@eoin Why do they remove it when we will need it the most ;l

Neversoft
17-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I think somebody on the forum complained about it in feedback recently and now management aren't going to allow it on habboxforum :(

Wow, what a killjoy. Are you sure about that though? I don't remember an announcement. I'll say now anyone who wants to trade their RS stuff for my Habbo stuff PM me. Don't have much left as I got hacked, but it's better than nothing!

Thomas
17-01-2011, 05:25 PM
ah well if it is we'll have to pm each other LOL

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Sec i'll check feedback forum to find the thread. They didn't announce it because apparently it was already in some way in the habbox rules but wasn't acted on.

thickbleach
17-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm slightly gutted its so far away, but I'm extremely happy that they have actually said that they are bringing it back.

I'll probably sell all my rs for habbo, unless they change the clue scroll wildy clues, otherwise they'll be nearly impossible to do, and its the only thing I like doing. Even if they do change the clues, I've got 40m spare to sell. :)!!!!! Wonder what the prices will be.

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 05:38 PM
wiizzz was the one who complained it seems. His first thread got closed by management as they dismissed his claim, however he persisted with a second thread and then management said they will discuss it amongst themselves. However redtiz then posted recently which i hadn't seen. So it looks like Rs-habbo trading will probably still be allowed :D

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=682834 1st thread about it

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=683096 2nd thread about it

Aidenn
17-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Lucky enough as explained in the thread;

Habbo itself arent against runescape trading, Jagex been in contact with the forum before and asked them to remove 'Account trading' (which is now forbidden) however Jagex did not mention anything regarding Trading.

Anyway back on subject, Hxf Community here we come?
Personally im looking forward to this; might be able to set up a weekly competition or something just where people can win the odd 2-3mill per week, any input on any comps we could do?

Zak
17-01-2011, 05:54 PM
This will surely epically raise the Runescape section back up form the ashes once more?

I might even start playing a bit more too. ;)

Hello huge price CRASH.

IceNineKills
17-01-2011, 05:56 PM

Habbo itself arent against runescape trading, Jagex been in contact with the forum before and asked them to remove 'Account trading' (which is now forbidden) however Jagex did not mention anything regarding Trading.

Personally im looking forward to this; might be able to set up a weekly competition or something just where people can win the odd 2-3mill per week, any input on any comps we could do?

I'll be happy to donate for prizes.

Callum.
17-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Think this section is going to be interesting. Both the moderators aren't trusted, hardly anyone here who was trusted is still here so it's going to be interesting to see who goes first, second and who ends up scamming a few pixels.

& account trading has been banned on here for over like 4 years?

IceNineKills
17-01-2011, 06:00 PM
i scam :)

Callum.
17-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I know Jake :).

If the lending system stays atleast people won't turn into SSRicky or whatever his name was aha

IceNineKills
17-01-2011, 06:03 PM
he was a legend haha.

Neversoft
17-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Wow, Jagex actually got in contact with HabboxForum? I remember the big debate years ago with people saying Jagex were overseeing the forum and banning people who were breaking the rules, then others were saying it was nonsense, etc. Finally nice to know they actually were and that's how a lot of us got banned. :P I think I'll refrain from posting my runescape name around the forum in the future. :P

IceNineKills
17-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow, Jagex actually got in contact with HabboxForum? I remember the big debate years ago with people saying Jagex were overseeing the forum and banning people who were breaking the rules, then others were saying it was nonsense, etc. Finally nice to know they actually were and that's how a lot of us got banned. :P I think I'll refrain from posting my runescape name around the forum in the future. :P

Or don't break the rules? :o

Chris
17-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Good to see that they're going through with it and bringing it back. Tis good of Jagex to listen to community feedback. ;D

IceNineKills
17-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Good to see that they're going through with it and bringing it back. Tis good of Jagex to listen to community feedback. ;D

Knowing them, there's going to be a catch.

Thomas
17-01-2011, 06:25 PM
tbh i never post my rs names which i bot on ;)

like my account which i'll go to hxf events i dont bot on. simple ;D

edit: thats a lie because i have botted like 2 times on it for test purposes the other day. :P

Jake
17-01-2011, 06:29 PM
*waits for rs section to be more active now*

Neversoft
17-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Or don't break the rules? :o

I don't have the patience to make money on Runescape through normal means. I miss the days where people paid me like 200k to rep them on the forum.

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd say people with well known accounts wouldn't risk their forum reputation for a rs-habbo trade

Kyle
17-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Account trading and trading coins for other online games has always been against the rules. The trading section wasn't removed in the past because it was considered a runescape-runescape trading section where people would advertise their items for sale but it turned into a habbo-runescape section more recently.

I'm not all that excited about the wilderness to be honest, so many people are going to be just 3/4 iteming and we'll get just bones from them rather than the random items we get now in PvP/Bounty worlds.

Trading was ruined with the update a few years back but now that we've finally got used to it they've ruined it again. All discontinued items are going to crash apart from maybe a couple of phats so people will be hoarding those.

I don't buy rs cash so it won't really affect me all that much but I guess it's good for me if I decide to charge extra for my rares without having to gather a whole bunch of junk.

Callum.
17-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Account trading and trading coins for other online games has always been against the rules. The trading section wasn't removed in the past because it was considered a runescape-runescape trading section where people would advertise their items for sale but it turned into a habbo-runescape section more recently.

I'm not all that excited about the wilderness to be honest, so many people are going to be just 3/4 iteming and we'll get just bones from them rather than the random items we get now in PvP/Bounty worlds.

Trading was ruined with the update a few years back but now that we've finally got used to it they've ruined it again. All discontinued items are going to crash apart from maybe a couple of phats so people will be hoarding those.

I don't buy rs cash so it won't really affect me all that much but I guess it's good for me if I decide to charge extra for my rares without having to gather a whole bunch of junk.

Trading between games has always been fine within Habbox rules, it was never really a runescape-runescape section as official forums/w2 was always better for that. Someone would post and get like no replies and then get knocked off first page from game-game threads. Just saying.

Thomas
17-01-2011, 06:40 PM
pm me if you want to buy rs gold when free trade is back.

Eoin247
17-01-2011, 06:42 PM
pm me if you want to buy rs gold when free trade is back.

For habbo or for paypal?

Thomas
17-01-2011, 07:11 PM
For habbo or for paypal?

pm me ;)

Callum.
17-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Why not keep it on the forum so if you do scam it's much more easier to tell, even though you're not allowed to name scammers it's often obvious. It's allowed to sell for paypal or habbo so just go trading items, don't have to give your rsn or anything, just keeps it in the public eye.

JoeyK.
18-01-2011, 05:53 AM

I'm glad. RS inflation is out of control, rares should never be worth as much as they are now. And to everyone with phats crying about them dropping; Must be the end of the world, not like you don't still have hundreds of millions of gold. Time to stop hording.

Thomas
18-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Why not keep it on the forum so if you do scam it's much more easier to tell, even though you're not allowed to name scammers it's often obvious. It's allowed to sell for paypal or habbo so just go trading items, don't have to give your rsn or anything, just keeps it in the public eye.

i can't because i'll get warnings so i have to do it over pm.
or they room to take the rule off.

Kyle
18-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm glad. RS inflation is out of control, rares should never be worth as much as they are now. And to everyone with phats crying about them dropping; Must be the end of the world, not like you don't still have hundreds of millions of gold. Time to stop hording.

But now there's going to be so much more hoarding and the people doing it currently will just buy more as they'll be much much cheaper so it'll be even harder to get one.

Barwy
18-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Hell yeah

Jake
18-01-2011, 04:06 PM
*waitin for the return of ldeclan*

Callum.
18-01-2011, 04:07 PM
i can't because i'll get warnings so i have to do it over pm.
or they room to take the rule off.

There is no rule against trading habbo to rune or for real money.

Jake
18-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Yh ^ Isnt tht cos its a habbo based forum not an rs one?

Thomas
18-01-2011, 04:20 PM
There is no rule against trading habbo to rune or for real money.

isn't there? Ohhh i'll make a thread now :D

Kyle
18-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I think as it's a runescape section it should still comply with their rules.

Thomas
18-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I think as it's a runescape section it should still comply with their rules.

to late.

Callum.
18-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Habbox have always allowed it, no changes please!

Thomas
18-01-2011, 06:23 PM
well my thread got removed :'(

guess its not aloud after all :l

btw i am still selling it *coff*

Neversoft
22-01-2011, 02:47 PM
When the wilderness returns will other players be able to attack you in the chaos tunnels? Guess I'll have to move my chinning to ape atoll if so.

Aidenn
22-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Good question tbh, and im not sure, i think they will,
but if they do, going to kill bork might be abit of a pain.

Kyle
22-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Chaos tunnels have never been in wilderness, only the entrances are and all of those are below level 20. You can still enter via the dagon'hai entrance which isn't in the wilderness at all though.

Aidenn
22-01-2011, 04:26 PM
When the wilderness returns will other players be able to attack you in the chaos tunnels? Guess I'll have to move my chinning to ape atoll if so.

After abit of research to answer your question;

http://i51.tinypic.com/fp9hdu.jpg

So no, people won't be able to PK in them :).

Kyle
22-01-2011, 05:02 PM
lmao at mark's av

Thomas
22-01-2011, 05:05 PM
looking forwards to it coming back!

+ my new sig x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!