PDA

View Full Version : Complete n00b to this

Jake
17-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Right i want to set up a site ye? Im buying the domain and "want" to sell stuff on it, Is it possible to sell things just straight up or do i have to get some sort of licence crap etc for this?

redtom
17-01-2011, 07:41 PM
No licence needed, if you start making real money you'll have to sort out tax.
You would be better of selling through ebay and amazon.

Dentafrice
18-01-2011, 04:08 PM
You don't need a license for anything, but depending on where you're at, tax laws will vary among areas.

Setup a free e-Commerce suite / shopping cart system, if you're wanting to get paid via PayPal, apply for a business account and setup in the IPN to connect to your site so you can get paid.

Jacob
18-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Why don't you just sell things on eBay or Amazon like redtom said because it will be hard to promote your site. Whereas on big sites like eBay and Amazon there are loads of people.

LMS16
18-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Totally agreed, ebay if you want alot of people to see your items. For personal, your own.

Lew.

RyanDOT
18-01-2011, 06:36 PM
It's free to set up your own online business, however you have to register on HMRC for tax return. I reccomend planning this out before purchasing anything because you need about £100 roughly to start off the business

Casio
19-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Right to be honest, at first you will not be paying tax due to the amount of income you will be getting, however if you start making more money then, you will. If you are doing it for experience, set up your own one, its more fun!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!