PDA

View Full Version : Organize Rare Values?

Agentdark
17-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Are you guys planning on organizing the rare values? It takes me like 10 min to find one rare unless I use the search feature....and sometimes that is not what I want to do. This has been my biggest complaint over these years.

Thanks,
Mike (Former values head at Habtips)

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Thread moved from "Anything about Trading Furni" as I feel it's more suited here.

Phil
18-01-2011, 12:24 AM
you mean the search engine on the www.habbox.com site? I thought most people used that? It's definitely the easiest!

Alkaz
18-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Rare values are organised on the basis of their value. The first item is the most valuable and the last is the least valuable. I don't really know how it could be made easier to be honest.

---MAD---
18-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Rare values are organised on the basis of their value. The first item is the most valuable and the last is the least valuable. I don't really know how it could be made easier to be honest.
Possibly providing another alphabetised list would help, especially for "All rares" since the list is huge now.

JoeyK.
18-01-2011, 05:16 AM

Maybe by not having 198 rares on the same page? ;)

I'm sure there's some way you can organize them by category without having to stuff them all into the 'Normal Rares' section. It's been done before.

lol
18-01-2011, 05:26 AM

If you knew their value you wouldn't need to look them up ;)

JoeyK.
18-01-2011, 05:56 AM
If you knew their value you wouldn't need to look them up ;)

If everyone knew the values of every item all the time, there would be no need for the rare values department in general.

Samantha
18-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I find the search bar easiest. However it's so annoying that the name doesn't come up anymore.

And do the values start with the highest? Nice. I didn't know.

Eoin247
18-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I agree that making an alphabetical list would make things easier.

Mark
18-01-2011, 08:13 AM
At the end of the day, why would you not want to use the search feature?

Grig
18-01-2011, 10:19 AM

To compare one rare values price to the other- i.e. if you would like to compare different coloured dragon and what not. It's also easier to see how their rares fair up to others. So there are really numerous reasons.

Although, imo, the whole rare values system is in a desperate need of a re-vamp, ever since the marketplace showed its face.

Catzsy
18-01-2011, 10:28 AM
you mean the search engine on the www.habbox.com site? I thought most people used that? It's definitely the easiest!

Totally agree with both. It is the best way when it is working.

Producing an alphabetical list would be fine but the pain would be the constant updating as Habbo has changed so much in the amount of rares they issue. It could be out of date before the list is done and it would be a constant battle to keep it so.

Nick
18-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Are you guys planning on organizing the rare values? It takes me like 10 min to find one rare unless I use the search feature....and sometimes that is not what I want to do. This has been my biggest complaint over these years.

Thanks,
Mike (Former values head at Habtips)

My point of view the values are orgonized pretty well compared to other habbo fansites, Though the rare values dept are busy in rl things with family and all. I know some new released rares arent in there put i assume they will soon. RV dept are going pretty good atm and thats why they put in the search engine :P

Samantha
18-01-2011, 01:16 PM
My point of view the values are orgonized pretty well compared to other habbo fansites, Though the rare values dept are busy in rl things with family and all. I know some new released rares arent in there put i assume they will soon. RV dept are going pretty good atm and thats why they put in the search engine :P

They can't add new ones yet I don't think. :).

Nick
18-01-2011, 01:35 PM

Oh. I was wondering why the latest rares weren't in there lol :)

Mr-Trainor
18-01-2011, 05:21 PM
This is correct :). With Habbox V6 and the release of the new Rare Values (v3), all these unreleased items will be on there as well as a lot more sections such as the new Fireworks furniture range.

Samantha
18-01-2011, 05:27 PM
This is correct :). With Habbox V6 and the release of the new Rare Values (v3), all these unreleased items will be on there as well as a lot more sections such as the new Fireworks furniture range.

HAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

o firework range will be good.

Mrs.McCall
18-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Pedantic moment but don't they get called collectables now?

Hecktix
18-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I love it when people make jokes about V6 when we've been using the staff BETA version for months. yum yum yum.

Alex3213
18-01-2011, 05:41 PM

No, they were changed back to "Rares".

On topic, if the search is working I find it 110% more easy to do that rather than looking through values anyways. :) I know the new rare values will be coming soon which will be good etc. blah blah blah but for now I think your best bet (and I'd continue doing this really...) is to use the search feature.

-Danube-
18-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Yey glad this thread has been posted, now i can show off about all the hard work i've been doing for a month :).

Rare Values since about September has been an absolute mess and all the technical stuff broke.... long story. So we've been working on bare minimum but know you all know V6 is coming.

There's a massive change for Rare Values in v6 i like to call this Rare Values V3 as it's our 3rd version.... and they are looking pretty sexy it i don't say so myself :) I'm currently working on adding near enough every single item on Habbo to the Rare Values and i'm about 1/3 of the way there but i have about three quaters of all the images ready to be uploaded and then it'll be a quick job to get them all added.

As for organizing, the new ones will be much much easier to view. Yes there will still be a search function but they will be broken down alot more and easier to identify.

Not going to say anymore as i don't want to give away any details but yea, should be a massive improvement ones V6 is released :) can't wait.

---------- Post added 18-01-2011 at 07:36 PM ----------

This was just like a trial thing Habbo did. It changes Rares to Collectables and it released like 6 things for around the world and then did the Underwater things (Arch teleports etc) but then for like a year now it's gone back to releasing 'Rares' as this is the category they go under in the catalog.

We call them Rare Values but there are still lots of norms in there too, but who's fussy? Well.. the whole of HxF but who cares! :P

Ajthedragon
18-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Some people are very passionate Dan. Good luck with it! You can add rares again! :)

HotelUser
18-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I like the idea for an alphabetic index of rares. At the moment on V6 you can browse by category and use the search feature. The search feature is available on the homepage as a widget and on the actual rare values page it works in the same way Google's new search as you type works in that it will find the rares you're searching for as you type.

Mr-Trainor
18-01-2011, 10:07 PM
As for Alphabetical listing, I don't think it would work well on the current Rare Values V2 but I think it would be a great feature for the Rare Values V3, mainly because of how everything is displayed.

Jin
18-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Sortable by number of pixels?

I kid, I like the idea of alphabetical listing certainly will go on the to-do list.

Agentdark
19-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I was thinking of doing it more by type of furni. Like all the dragons together, all the HC furni together, ect.
It can still be all on the same page, and I don't mean like separate categories or lines, just like the images to be grouped.
I have found that over my many years of value site operation, that the users tend to like it that way.

Oh and the reason for not using the search, is because the rollover popups don't work when you use the search (On Chrome). And on Internet Explorer, the search doesn't even work. When I want to see that information, it takes me 10 min just to find the rare.

-Danube-
19-01-2011, 06:38 PM
ATM i have things in categories such as Asian, Alhambra, Neon etc etc

I've been contemplating on putting them into categories like Dragons, Marquees, Laser etc on the Normal Rare Values page, it would work with these new updates but gonna have to think it through.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!