View Full Version : Handheld Gaming Blog

Fantastical
18-01-2011, 03:21 AM
Hey guys. I've started a blog here covering handheld gaming. I would appreciate it if you could give me your input on it! Thanks!

Handheld Gaming Blog (http://www.handheldgamingblog.com)

Nick
18-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Nice name , Gives you an idea of what its about. Nice blog , ill check it out :)

Fantastical
18-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Thank you! I appreciate your reply. Yeah, it's still very early and a work in progress, but I thought I would get it out there so maybe I was talking to a few other people other than myself. ;)

hamheyelliot
18-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Looks pretty promising from here! One or two points: I would change the navigation so it points to categories rather than pages for each console, as when I clicked on the 3DS label for example, I would have expected reviews about DS games rather than a console spec. Maybe use a dropdown on the navigation with 'Consoles' and then list the pages underneath?

Up to you of course, the name is a bit lengthy but sums it up nicely so it more than makes up for it. Good luck! :)

Fantastical
18-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Looks pretty promising from here! One or two points: I would change the navigation so it points to categories rather than pages for each console, as when I clicked on the 3DS label for example, I would have expected reviews about DS games rather than a console spec. Maybe use a dropdown on the navigation with 'Consoles' and then list the pages underneath?

Up to you of course, the name is a bit lengthy but sums it up nicely so it more than makes up for it. Good luck! :)
Thank you for your input! Yes, the navigation is something I'm having trouble with. Ideally, I would like to do as you said, but the theme I'm using on the page makes it difficult. I'm still going to try though... that was my original plan for the site, but it's going to take a bit of extra work. It does make sense to click on 3DS and see news stories, and then click "Information" or something underneath to see specs.

Appreciate the input!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!