PDA

View Full Version : Hati Gloves?

orientalframe?
18-01-2011, 08:04 PM
lol, i feel like a total nub for saying this. But I have no idea what everyone is going on about 'Hati Wolf Gloves'? Though I havent been on runescape for like a week or so, but I seriously do not have a clue what everyone is talking about here. Any help appreciated :)

Aidenn
18-01-2011, 08:08 PM
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/hati--the-winter-wolf

The Fremennik are a hardy bunch, but they’re still vulnerable to frostbite. Wrapping up warm won’t help them, however: this frostbite belongs to the giant wolf, Hati! As many Fremennik are abroad at Daemonheim, this winter, they have swallowed their pride and asked the adventurers of RuneScape to band together and rid them of this legendary lupine.
The invite is open to all RuneScape members, and can be started by talking to the Fremennik citizen who stands inside the gates of Rellekka (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/rellekka_members). Even those who are yet to brave White Wolf Mountain can participate: simply talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/barbarian_village) (Gunnarsgrunn) and he will lead you to Rellekka. While you’re out searching for Hati, you might even stumble across defenders of the realm (aka Jagex moderators) who will pitch into the fight where they can.
Hati feeds for four weeks of the year, which only gives a small window of opportunity to gear up, gather like-minded adventurers and rid RuneScape of the beast. Wolf-killers should keep in mind that Hati leaves the game on Monday 14th February, taking any potential rewards with it, so now’s your only chance to send him howling to his doom!
Speaking of rewards... The Hati head is a cosmetic hat that shows off your achievement, while the Hati paws are the highlight: these gloves reward you with double the XP you gain from skills (Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Strength) while in combat. There is a limit to the additional XP you can gain from these gloves, but that limit is determined by your levels in those combat skills. On Tuesday 10th May, these gloves will lose any remaining charge, so make sure to use them while you can. Once their charge has run out, you can still keep hold of them as a second cosmetic item to match your hat.
“I come at coldest winter to bite and gnash and gnaw. People of the Fremennik, fear me. I am Hati, and I will devour the moon, and my brother, Sköll, the sun, and thus will begin the End of Things.” – Fremennik folk tale
Mod Trig & Mod Moltare
RuneScape Content Developer
Summary:

Where to start hunting Hati:

Speak to the Fremennik citizen just inside Rellekka (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/rellekka_members)'s gate. You can talk to the wolf hunter in Barbarian Village (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/barbarian_village) to get to Rellekka.

Requirements to start hunting Hati:

Be brave enough to fight a level 654 enemy, alone or with a group.

Basically gloves that give double xp in combat for a certain amount of time.

Kyle
18-01-2011, 08:10 PM
They were only released yesterday. It's a wolf that'll be prowling the relleka forests for the rest of the winter and will vanish for another year in four weeks time. The gloves give x2 exp in any combat stat for up to ten hours then they're purely decorative. The gloves (and helm that you also gain as a drop from the wolf) will stay when the wolf disappears.

It's rumoured that there will be a summer wolf (the norse mythology that the hati wolf is based around backs this up) in the summer time that will probably give a similiar reward.

My personal opinion is that this is a replacement for the bonus exp weekends because people with hard-to-get 99s such as herblore, prayer and summoning were complaining that they missed out and others have had the chance to get their stats in half the time.

To get yourself a pair, head over to the barbarian village (Gunnarsgrunn) and talk to the wolf hunter there who'll teleport you to relleka. From there, head south out of the gate then east to the forests where you'll probably find groups of people waiting for the wolf to spawn. So long as you hit the wolf you'll have the chance (80%) for the head/paws drop. :)

TonyBest
18-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Kyle, the gloves are not based on a time factor, it is now based on the level of the skill your training. The gloves charge's go down by 1% over an amount of XP you've earned (me training 93 strength down to 87% charge after 121k xp)

Stephen
18-01-2011, 09:38 PM
that ****** almost killed me earlier. me and 2 other people were killing it and it was doing it's usual small hits and then after a few minutes it started hitting me 200-300 continuously but I had a ring of life on. I think it got mad

Kyle
18-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Kyle, the gloves are not based on a time factor, it is now based on the level of the skill your training. The gloves charge's go down by 1% over an amount of XP you've earned (me training 93 strength down to 87% charge after 121k xp)

I know, I forgot to add that. It was announced to have a 10 hour limit in the Dev blogs but they decided to change it.

Thomas
19-01-2011, 06:48 AM
i might try get a few for runecrafting.
what level is this hati?

Matthew
19-01-2011, 08:06 AM
As it says in the article; level 654 :)

TonyBest
19-01-2011, 12:28 PM
From the Game Update FAQ's

“Can I get multiple pairs of glove with renewed XP each time?”

Mod Moltare: The head and paws will drop for you only once off Hati. Diango can replace the paws and head if you lose them, but the paws will have the same charge as they did when you lost them.

Kyle
19-01-2011, 01:58 PM
i might try get a few for runecrafting.
what level is this hati?

They're only for combat stats, gg.

Cwmbran
19-01-2011, 03:18 PM
They're only for combat stats, gg.
Say if I was to kill it with a group, would everyone got a drop?

I watched a video of it yesterday and loads of people were killing it and some got a drop some didnt.

Kyle
19-01-2011, 04:07 PM
The drop is 80% chance but you have the same chance no matter how big the group is.

TonyBest
19-01-2011, 04:41 PM
230k xp in on training strength with the haiti gloves at lvl 93 str drained only 15% of the paws charge :P

Neversoft
19-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Got these yesterday, hoping to use 'em to get some more range xp but no one is selling god damn chins. What has happened to the grand exchange!?

Cwmbran
19-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Got these yesterday, hoping to use 'em to get some more range xp but no one is selling god damn chins. What has happened to the grand exchange!?
Oh what I was gonna go chinning with them but needed to buy some dont wonna hunt them :\

Neversoft
19-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh what I was gonna go chinning with them but needed to buy some dont wonna hunt them :\

I managed to get only 138 chins out of the grand exchange after waiting two days, always had it at max price. The chins and chin sellers have all buggered off.

Kyle
19-01-2011, 10:14 PM
probably cos all the chin botters got banned lmao

Matthew
30-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Got them :)

I'd only just found the wolf when it had like 5% health remaining
I got ONE hit on it, like a second later it was dead and I got the drop
haha

orientalframe?
30-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Got them :)

I'd only just found the wolf when it had like 5% health remaining
I got ONE hit on it, like a second later it was dead and I got the drop
haha

Aha - lucky :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!