PDA

View Full Version : Smart Roadster

Madox
18-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hiya, Im so stressed out i cant find a quote anywhere! for this car, serious getting a head ache looking, alright im 17 in march, and i was look at cars with small tanks and cheap insurance, came across the smart roaster, ive one some research on the car, and there gearbox is not supposed to be as good as rival cars, but that something i can live with, ill be on my dad insurance, he has never claimed since driving and that was 23 years ago, everytime i put me as second names driver, it comes up cannot retrive quote, but when i just do him it goes through, done him on liverpool victroria quoted £49 a month, any help on how much roughly how much ill be paying or if you could point me in right direction if its a good first car etc, considering its a 0.7l engine it wont be expensive to run.

danzooo
19-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Is it one of these you are referring to?

http://smart2011-details.info/photos/2008-smart-roadster-2.jpg

if so, i'd say it was pretty difficult to guage how much the insurance would be on one.
on one hand, it has a small engine and not a lot of power so it should, in theory, be relatively cheap to insure. however, on the other hand, they are rare cars made by mercedes-benz, which i can imagine would have a knock-on effect on the price of replacement parts, hiking up the insurance - why not have a look on auto trader for the registration plate of one and enter it into a price comparison website to get yourself a quote?

if i were you however i'd stick to the typical first cars, fiesta, corsa, clio, etc, but the choice of course is up to yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!