PDA

View Full Version : MSN.. :l

Alkaz
19-01-2011, 02:35 AM
How the hell can you change your display name?

Is it that ridiculous that say if I wanted my MSN name to be 'Alkaz' I would have to make it my first name?

Someone please help me :(

Neversoft
19-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I haven't got the newest version, but I have been told you can't change your display name. If you want it to be 'Alkaz' you will indeed have to change your actual name to Alkaz. Keep in mind it won't accept it without a surname as well, so it'll have to be something like 'Alkaz .'

Jacob
19-01-2011, 02:41 PM
It's impossible to change your display name as it's only possible to use the [first name] [surname] function on the new version. If you download the old version it seems to work fine (I'm still using it) ;)

Alkaz
19-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Urgh that's so gay and annoying. I hope they fix it, thank's anyway guys. :)

Flisker
19-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Urgh that's so gay and annoying. I hope they fix it, thank's anyway guys. :)

I doubt they will fix something that isn't broken.

Alkaz
19-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Well I know it isn't broken, what I meant was for it to be put back as a proper feature to change your display name to what ever your like including formatting it.

lawrawrrr
19-01-2011, 04:02 PM
As far as I'm aware, you can't have a display name AT ALL, it has to be your account name. I've had to change my "real name" on email to be able to avoid this. It seems really silly, because loads of people had display names before! Hope there will be a msn plus or something for the new msn eventually that will allow this :/

Mark
19-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I downloaded the new version of msn and as soon as I saw it I downgraded to 2009 version, if you want to downgrade back to the older version go to this link, it's where I downgraded to and had no problem since. http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/7560/

qaxzsw
19-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I never upgraded mine because everyone told me how bad it was, and sometimes on the old one it will randomly change my display name to just 'Jack' which is kinda annoying... but only every now and then.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!