PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a case?

T@R
19-01-2011, 06:03 PM
After about a month on another account, I've decided to have one final attempt at getting my old account unpermed.
Some of you may have read my thread in the 'Bobba' section but the basic jist of why I was banned is this:

A person on my friends list, person A, always seemed to get rich quick, and I was pretty sure he was getting rich in let's say, the wrong ways. Another person on my list, person B, had recently came into a bit of furni, most likely legally as far as I would guess, but was being ridiculously boastful about it. Person A obviously knew person B and was, like me, getting irritated by person B's cocky attitude.
Long story short; Person A hacked person B.

I am neither of these people.

Person A then messages me saying he is giving away person B's furni, like the norms etc.
I go along to the "giveaway" and get a few norms and about 2 weeks later I get handed a permanent ban.

I've read over the habbo way and every single rule on the habbo website and although what I did was wrong, I haven't broken any of them, especially the one they claimed I broke, which was
'Unlawful access to and the taking of furni from another habbo's account'

So yeah, you can come and troll/spam saying I deserved it or whatever, but do you think I'd be wasting my time with an appeal based on this?

Many thanks for any decent replies,

Eoin247
19-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Well if they have proof that you knew you were accepting furniture that didn't belong to the person A, then it's going to be a very hard appeal to get through.

However i'd say give it a shot, you didn't yourself hack the account. I think a perm ban for this was a bit harsh . A month or week ban would have been much fairer in my opinion.

Good luck anyway whatever you decide to do :)

Jordan
19-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Didn't Redtiz give you a reply in your other thread?

Samantha
19-01-2011, 06:25 PM
I think you should appeal.

you have nothing to lose and you have been banned for someone elses mischief.

Thought you had meant you had merged your account and not got your case. :(.

T@R
19-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Well if they have proof that you knew you were accepting furniture that didn't belong to the person A, then it's going to be a very hard appeal to get through.

However i'd say give it a shot, you didn't yourself hack the account. I think a perm ban for this was a bit harsh . A month or week ban would have been much fairer in my opinion.

Good luck anyway whatever you decide to do :)

Thanks,
yeah I know the furni was hacked, but as you said I didn't hack it, which is why I think I have a chance.
I also agree a month ban would've been fairer and I wouldn't have bothered appealing that because it would've been just.
I also think habbo need to add/ reword a rule that says it's illegal for your friend to give you stolen furni.

Didn't Redtiz give you a reply in your other thread?

Yeah that was about a month ago, but that was when I lied about the reason so I just wanted to get some honest opinions from fellow habbo players.

I think you should appeal.

you have nothing to lose and you have been banned for someone elses mischief.

Thought you had meant you had merged your account and not got your case. :(.

Hmm yeah that was the theory behind it, I did appeal a couple of times at the start of the ban but hit brick walls constantly getting the same computerised response which led me to think that Sulake didn't actually read what I wrote :/

Conservative,
19-01-2011, 06:45 PM
They often say wait a month or so before appealing because if you appeal the day after you're banned they think it's just some silly, hormonal, worked up teenager who's upset about losing their account, so they suggest you give it time and they respect your opinion more so you have a chance.

I also have checked the rules and you are indeed correct that you have no infringed any, especially the one they have accused you of. So I think if you quote the rules at them then admit what you did was wrong etc. then they may think you've learnt your lesson, so give it a shot.

Elegance
20-01-2011, 08:22 PM
cool story bro'.

but as said by Eoin, you didn't hack the person, so it's worth a try at appealing?

Michael
20-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Well for first, you should of never accepted a 'few norms' if someone is hacking someone elses account. Its like someone burgling someones stuff and giving it to you and you accept it after they just said they burgled it.

T@R
21-01-2011, 04:16 PM
They often say wait a month or so before appealing because if you appeal the day after you're banned they think it's just some silly, hormonal, worked up teenager who's upset about losing their account, so they suggest you give it time and they respect your opinion more so you have a chance.

I also have checked the rules and you are indeed correct that you have no infringed any, especially the one they have accused you of. So I think if you quote the rules at them then admit what you did was wrong etc. then they may think you've learnt your lesson, so give it a shot.

Ok thanks, I'll probably wait a little while before appealing again then.

cool story bro'.

but as said by Eoin, you didn't hack the person, so it's worth a try at appealing?

Cool story bro? What kind of wannabe land is this?

Well for first, you should of never accepted a 'few norms' if someone is hacking someone elses account. Its like someone burgling someones stuff and giving it to you and you accept it after they just said they burgled it.

I kind of agree with what you're saying, but then again... it's habbo and sulake don't have any rules in place that say it's wrong.

jesus
21-01-2011, 05:58 PM
phone up and cry

T@R
22-01-2011, 11:59 AM
phone up and cry
Well if Jesus is telling me to...

Eoin247
22-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Well if Jesus is telling me to...

Do as Jesus said, have you no faith!

Inseriousity.
22-01-2011, 11:20 PM
My auntie got arrested for handling stolen goods. She didn't even know it was stolen but she was still punished for it.

It's a similar situation here. You don't take part in the stealing but you did know it was stolen and that's probably why you were banned. Despite that, always worth a try but I don't think you have a strong argument atm. :(

Good luck!

Bext
24-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Theres the possibility habbo could claim you were an accessory to the hacking, ie your friend hacked him and you waited for the furni.

Also, like many companies, they sometimes dont stick to their print, but their actions are on moral grounds.

At the end of the day, you knew what you were doing was wrong.

Redtiz
25-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok thanks, I'll probably wait a little while before appealing again then.

In fact I told you to wait 6 months before appealing again. You can, of course, appeal as many times as you like before that however the answer will be an instant 'no' so you'll be wasting your own time and the time of customer service.

T@R
25-01-2011, 04:36 PM
In fact I told you to wait 6 months before appealing again. You can, of course, appeal as many times as you like before that however the answer will be an instant 'no' so you'll be wasting your own time and the time of customer service.
Ok thanks,
I'll wait until then.

Zak
25-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Always a chance mate, I got permed for saying 'strip on cam' when I was messing around in a gay room, generally being a **** back then, having fun you know. Jamine or w.e unbanned me. Just tell it how it is.. If you're mature enough to realise you made a mistake and you won't do it again, I'm guessing you've got more of a chance of unbanning you. :P

Maybe in 6 months or so? But if Redtiz is saying no, I'd just forget about it for a while :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!