PDA

View Full Version : Multiple DJ's

Casio
21-01-2011, 12:51 AM
I currently run my radio off of my VPS but i would like to be able to use my home desktop as my dj station, how can I go about linking it up so once my session ends on the vps, my desktop would AUTO connect to shoutcast using sambroadcaster, any help please

coolchris322
21-01-2011, 08:03 AM
i would probably say - get it to ping the radio ip:port - when you stop dj'in it will not reply, then just find a way for your desktop to do that and auto kik in when its nt connecting.

Casio
21-01-2011, 10:23 AM
i would probably say - get it to ping the radio ip:port - when you stop dj'in it will not reply, then just find a way for your desktop to do that and auto kik in when its nt connecting.

Sorry but I want someone to reply who knows what they are going on about.

coolchris322
21-01-2011, 03:16 PM
ur saying i dont - how rude.

either build a script that pings server and when its nt replying, run the program...

OR buy "auto dj" that kicks in when no1 dj's

Jahova
21-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Sorry but I want someone to reply who knows what they are going on about.

It seems as though he does know what he's on about and that is a reasonable idea.

coolchris322
21-01-2011, 05:33 PM
well basicly, you could just do a cmd command... to ping the ip once every minute, and get a string to pull back if its pinged data correctly, if data fials, run the command to open up your dj software, and config that to connect and dj automaticly when it starts up.
problem would probably be closing it.

But best idea id say is auto dj, costs abit, but probably worth it if you want a full time radio, and do advertisement to earn the money back.

gangstaagent1
21-01-2011, 10:45 PM
When you're setting up your encoder on the second page there's a selection that says Auto-Connect. That feature means that when the radio goes offline your computer will automatically connect to the server that it is set on.

Casio
22-01-2011, 10:33 AM
We already have the 'Auto-DJ' in-use, I think this may be more aimed at the 'Ask the HxL Staff' section.

Calvin
22-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm not quite sure what you want, you have the AutoDJ right? If you do then what else? :P

Conservative,
22-01-2011, 11:00 AM
What Matt said. On your desktop put "auto connect" on the encoder so that when you've stopped DJing and disconnected your encoder on your desktop will auto connect :)

peteyt
24-01-2011, 10:00 PM
We have a button on our DJ Panel to kick. My Sam is set to auto connect every 30 seconds so no presenter on it gets on

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!