PDA

View Full Version : I Jump At Everything... Isn't Normal.

Marbian
23-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Well title says it really... I jump at basically anything, sounds, my door makin a noise, someone from behind walkin past me, cars beeping, anythin..

last year halloween my dad put a mask on and hided in my room and i've never jumped so bad in my life, i actually punched him, if h had a knife in my hand i swear i would of stabbed him i jumped that bad.

i've searched on google and people have said stuff like it can be like a real problem and should been seen by a DR with help etc...

and this isnt nothing small, like ha, you just made me jump.. cos i jump at anything.. well not everything, but the slightest stuff.

Samantha
23-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I suggest that you do go see the doctor because as you said you could have stabbed him so I think seeing a doctor is for your own good and everyone elses. :).

Narnat,
27-01-2011, 12:49 PM
My friend is the exact same if we go out she is always getting a fright, we walked past a house and they shut the door she was nearly in tears. I think it has something to do with they nervous system and I think it's best you go to see a doctor because you can't go through life ''Jumping'' at everything. Good luck x

Catzsy
29-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Well title says it really... I jump at basically anything, sounds, my door makin a noise, someone from behind walkin past me, cars beeping, anythin..

last year halloween my dad put a mask on and hided in my room and i've never jumped so bad in my life, i actually punched him, if h had a knife in my hand i swear i would of stabbed him i jumped that bad.

i've searched on google and people have said stuff like it can be like a real problem and should been seen by a DR with help etc...

and this isnt nothing small, like ha, you just made me jump.. cos i jump at anything.. well not everything, but the slightest stuff.

I don't think the part in bold helped. Is your hearing ultra good? I wouldn't really worry about it
as you could just be sensitive. We all have our little phobias one way or the other and this isn't going to hurt you or anybody else. :)

Marbian
29-01-2011, 03:06 PM
my hearing is actually quite bad lol.

Catzsy
29-01-2011, 03:21 PM
my hearing is actually quite bad lol.

Well you are probably just sensitive - should sort itself out as time goes on. Nothing to worry about I don't feel unless it interferes with your life then worth getting it checked out. :)

Nemo
29-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I used to get really anxious aswell after a man threatened to kill every inside my house (whilst being on my doorstep), couldnt sleep properly for quite a while.

I didnt really jump at everything around me, but i was certainly anxious and whatnot when it came to night time. Give it a time and it should go eventually. Could also be because of stress, try and relax a lot more and do things that relax you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!