PDA

View Full Version : Do you act different on Habbo compared to real life?

Samantha
24-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I myself do in some way, I communicate differently, I'm more outgoing online as it's easier than confronting someone face to face.

Hayleigh
24-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think I'm too different but I would say that irl stuff you do everyone remembers so I can be more open online :')

Slowpoke
24-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I was a right cocky little **** when I used to play Habbo but then again I am irl too

Conservative,
24-01-2011, 10:53 PM
More open I guess, and more outgoing. But not VERY different from real life.

Aidenn
24-01-2011, 10:53 PM
With me its the case of WYSIWYG

WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get

One thing i can't stand is 'fake' people, yeah its the internet go wild 'be who you want to be' but if thats what people do, i'd prefer a nice balance.

Maybe 70-80% truth, Less ********.

Nice thread tho, wouldnt of thought of one of these myself :) +rep

lawrawrrr
24-01-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't really get why people have to create this "fake" persona - although i'm quite shy meeting people face-to-face, i can on habbo, so i guess im more confident? But pretty much the same.

buttons
24-01-2011, 11:07 PM
but it's different irl.....most people are teenagers here and irl i'd most likely act different towards people, it depends my boundaries and how our relationship was? online it's different...
i adapt to my situations:

at college with people i'm not really comfortable with, i'm quiet.
with strangers or elderly people i'm polite, friendly and nice.
however, with my close friends and family, i'm totally cray cray and annoying and that's where i say or do everything i've ever wanted to but haven't been able to because it wasn't appropriate lol like when i wanna give my views/opinions on stuff or say how i feel in general then that's when i do it. i thought that's what friends and family were for.

i can go from being quiet to totally hyper within minutes and vice versa.

my personality just depends what it's appropriate for it, it's all me just different sides. so i can't say really :) i don't have anything to prove or lose online so i act how i feel at the time...

benjamin
24-01-2011, 11:14 PM
i'm the same, i've always been this much of a **** - ask anyone. IT'S TRUE.

Eoin247
25-01-2011, 12:54 AM
I try to act as much alike my real life self online as i can. However online it's a totaly different place, it doesn't feel like you're talking eye to eye with a human and therefore it's normal to be at least a little bit different online, you can't help it. Most people who say they are exactly the same online and offline, wouldn't be telling you the truth.

Even on facebook for example (even though most people know everybody on there from real life) , loads of people say stuff there they would never say in real life.

Nick
25-01-2011, 04:26 AM
I myself do in some way, I communicate differently, I'm more outgoing online as it's easier than confronting someone face to face.

Same here..

Fiendly
25-01-2011, 04:27 AM
I don't act differently, over that period.. In fact, I don't think I ever did since I started going online (Around 6 - 7 years ago).
For me, I am more a nice guy-ish person. Give a few things a go if I'm interested, if not. Get bored, do something else.
Will be out-going if people tend to be out-going as well, towards other people I am nice but if I'm near a lot of idiots discriminating towards other.. I'm not 'Mr Nice Guy'.

Annoy me, I have tolerance.. But I do come to a point.

So yeah, that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

beth
25-01-2011, 04:30 AM
don't see the point in acting differently online, i'm of much of a ***** offline as i am online.

there used to be this girl at school who was proper in yr face on myspace, and then at school she never used to speak and i used to think it was so crazy, but i guess it gives people confidence + that is never a bad thing.

Hayleigh
25-01-2011, 06:39 AM

tbh this :D

Eoin247
25-01-2011, 09:30 AM
don't see the point in acting differently online, i'm of much of a ***** offline as i am online.

there used to be this girl at school who was proper in yr face on myspace, and then at school she never used to speak and i used to think it was so crazy, but i guess it gives people confidence + that is never a bad thing.

If you haven't found out yet, you'll soon find out that that can indeed be a very bad thing online. Just putting out an example, do you think the vast majority of scammers on habbo would scam in real life?

Zak
25-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm obviously more confident, I couldn't just go into a room of people I've never met before in real life and talk to them as i know them really well. straight away :P

Moh
25-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm obviously more confident, I couldn't just go into a room of people I've never met before in real life and talk to them as i know them really well. straight away :PWas wondering when somebody was going to bring that up.

It would be a lie if I said I didn't act different online. But only the minor differences such confident around people I don't know etc.. I also guess I'm more flirty online too lol

Inseriousity.
25-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Sounds sad but I'm more myself online. Like jen says, you can't be yourself half the time irl cos it's not socially acceptable or appropriate to the situation. Online, that boundary is taken away and as there's generally no real consequences to what you say or do (e-slaps don't hurt), you can be more yourself :D

beth
25-01-2011, 04:41 PM
If you haven't found out yet, you'll soon find out that that can indeed be a very bad thing online. Just putting out an example, do you think the vast majority of scammers on habbo would scam in real life?

that isn't confidence, that is stupidity. the confidence i was talking about was talking about to new people, going into new situations.

Zak
25-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Was wondering when somebody was going to bring that up.

It would be a lie if I said I didn't act different online. But only the minor differences such confident around people I don't know etc..

Yeah totally agree, everyone must act a little different online. I'm sure the confidence thing plays apart in a lot of people who use Habbo Hotel.

T@R
26-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't really get why people have to create this "fake" persona - although i'm quite shy meeting people face-to-face, i can on habbo, so i guess im more confident? But pretty much the same.

So you're condemning those with fake personas but then admit to not being 100% you in the same sentence?
I doubt there is anyone on Habbo that can whole heartedly say they're 100% the same on habbo as they are in real life.
I'm quite different in my actions, but not my thoughts, as in on habbo I'll gladly argue with someone until the cows come home, but in real life it'd be a waste of time and could lead to fights etc. which is why I tend to avoid unnecessary confrontation in real life.
I'm probably more confident in real life than habbo other than that though, in habbo I can't really walk into a room of strangers and start talking to them (weird I know,) but in real life I'm happy to do it.

Zuth
26-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm exactly the same as the first post!

Eoin247
26-01-2011, 07:40 PM
that isn't confidence, that is stupidity. the confidence i was talking about was talking about to new people, going into new situations.

Well it might be a morally wrong thing to do, but you can't really say it's stupidity. A person pulling off a scam to make large amounts of profit isn't exactly stupid to be honest. He/she may be despicable, but not stupid.

Whatever way you look at it, it's increased confidense online that makes more people scam. It's common knowledge at this stage and there are articles written about it all over the web all the time (Even habbo point this out every so often).

So increased confidense online as you can see is a mixed blessing, it can be very good and it can be very bad.

Sharon
26-01-2011, 07:45 PM
why was i thinking about this today this morning?!?!?!?!!?

yes i do actually 100% more open and straight with people on habbo, where as in real life i wouldn't be able to express myself as much.

also, peopel with my interests are in here, mostly buttons. no one knows i like korean dramas and kpop and stuff and i really don't plan to tell. i'm not ashamed - it would just cause complications.

Ajthedragon
26-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't think so. I used too a lot. :P

Jacob
26-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm exactly the same on Habbo! Don't think I have a life :/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!