PDA

View Full Version : When do you think Habbo will close?

Nick
25-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Alright i just have this question going through my head everyday. Since habbo has started back in 2000 or 2002 and habbo is still around in 2011 so thats 10-11 years like done you think it would close one day?

My opinion, I hope habbo doesnt close soon because i have only gotten about 2 years out of it and this year and 2010 i have gotten the most of out the game because i was used to it after habbo changed to beta and i knew the game well, Got a bunch of friends etc.

What do you think??

Samantha
25-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I think it will only close when it has either lost it's purpose i.e not brining 'joy' and 'excitement' to teenagers.
When it gets closed for being a rip off site whose only aim is to make money.
Or when it no longer makes money.

I don't wish for it to close at the moment, also I doubt it will for a fair while as it makes a lot of income for the business.

Nick
25-01-2011, 07:46 AM
I think it will only close when it has either lost it's purpose i.e not brining 'joy' and 'excitement' to teenagers.
When it gets closed for being a rip off site whose only aim is to make money.
Or when it no longer makes money.

I don't wish for it to close at the moment, also I doubt it will for a fair while as it makes a lot of income for the business.

mhm , My 10 year old brother came to me yesterday and watched me play habbo for a bit lol and then he wanted to play so i let him have ago of my account and then he wanted his own so he got his own and i said how do you like it and he says "its awesome" Soo in the future they will deffenetly get more money and wont go down with all the young kids growing into teenagers.

Samantha
25-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah also as technology is more advanced and there is a more wider range of it today a lot of young teenagers/children get laptops, computers etc on a wim/birthday/christmas etc so more younger people will play like you said.

Nick
25-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Yea and then they will get familiar with the game and start spending money on the game like you said :P lol

Ajthedragon
25-01-2011, 08:14 AM
It's not at the end of it's product life-cycle, they are making more profits than ever before. I can't see it closing any time in the near future.

Nick
25-01-2011, 08:22 AM
It's not at the end of it's product life-cycle, they are making more profits than ever before. I can't see it closing any time in the near future.

Im guessing one of the porfits were changing the credits from 1c for 1c to 1c for 2c?

Honesty:
25-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Im guessing one of the porfits were changing the credits from 1c for 1c to 1c for 2c?

All these little things add towards it but its more members and lots of regular new furni, meaning people spend/buy more credits to get these new furni, whereas before, new furni was rare.

Nick
25-01-2011, 08:56 AM
All these little things add towards it but its more members and lots of regular new furni, meaning people spend/buy more credits to get these new furni, whereas before, new furni was rare.

New furni is rare though if it comes for a limited time? :P

Eoin247
25-01-2011, 09:05 AM

One of the reasons, however there are many more. Also this just came as a result of a bad business decision by sulake which we all know as the exchange.

New furni is rare though if it comes for a limited time? :P

You'e missing his point here slightly, new furniture used to come out far less frequently than it does now. Now theres so many different kinds of furniture coming out so frequently in the hotel that people buy creds more often to get it.

Nick
25-01-2011, 09:11 AM
One of the reasons, however there are many more. Also this just came as a result of a bad business decision by sulake which we all know as the exchange.

You'e missing his point here slightly, new furniture used to come out far less frequently than it does now. Now theres so many different kinds of furniture coming out so frequently in the hotel that people buy creds more often to get it.

Ah k as in the xmas tree, holiday furni, Chinese furni etc.

Eoin247
25-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Ah k as in the xmas tree, holiday furni, Chinese furni etc.

Yep, furniture ranges (even single rares) used to be very predictable on habbo. There were the same seasonals year after year (valentines, xmas etc) and rares were for the mostpart just recolours. The odd time you would get a new rare altogether or even a new range, however even these would be brought out multiple times afterwards (e.g chinese furniture).

Chris
25-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I think habbo will be around for quite a lot longer. As long as it keeps peoples interest there would be no reason to close.

karter
25-01-2011, 09:35 AM
It will remain open till it goes bankrupt

Nick
25-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I think habbo will be around for quite a lot longer. As long as it keeps peoples interest there would be no reason to close.

Exactly, With more teenagers growing up they will have more intrest on the people that have played habbo since the start and mostly that people that have played since 2002 may have quit so habbo will take intrest in another persons life.

Yep, furniture ranges (even single rares) used to be very predictable on habbo. There were the same seasonals year after year (valentines, xmas etc) and rares were for the mostpart just recolours. The odd time you would get a new rare altogether or even a new range, however even these would be brought out multiple times afterwards (e.g chinese furniture).

I would like habbo to bring out more nre furni in the future. Maybe different seasional things like the holiday furni last xmas.

Eoin247
25-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I would like habbo to bring out more nre furni in the future. Maybe different seasional things like the holiday furni last xmas.

Well they are already bringing out new things quicker than they ever have before. Also you got to remember that while we all love to see new things there are downsides to putting too many different kinds of furniture in circulation.

Few examples:

1. It becomes increasingly harder to find what you want in credit shops.
2. Furniture prices fall even further especially older types which will lead to people (older members in particular) having less wealth.
3. Nobody wants old furniture anymore and this leads to other things like the huge amount of ''common and crappy'' cred shops we see so much of these days.

Zak
25-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I can't see it closing for a long time yet. They're making far too much money and have too many users to shut down.

Jacob
25-01-2011, 03:28 PM
It will probably close when Habbo credit sales figures go down or if it loses popularity. I doubt that this will be in the near future though!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!