PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Demo

Lost_Addict
25-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Just downloaded the multiplayer demo and OMG it is amazing.

Putting the conection issues asside (which there are some) The game is seriously good.

It seems amazingly balanced and fluid in a way that i don't believe any other game has. The movement between areas is seriously immersive with the jump and grab.

The graphics are stunning and i mean truley stunning. I can't explain how good they look so if you have an xbox just download it and Look. The time it must of taken to create a landscape and backdrop that beautiful is unhear of.

Apart from that controls are standrad for a FPS with the addition of certain "powers" like invisibility.

It's clear some ideas are taken but most ideas are now in modern gaming.

Thats about it that i can tell from the demo. Roll on the new game i say :D

Chris
25-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah played it today, it's pretty good and I'm considering buying the full game. :D

AgnesIO
25-01-2011, 08:41 PM
What are you guys playing it on?

Oleh
25-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Too much halo like for my taste (high jump and shields and invisibility and really high health counter) so im not going to be buying.

Shouldn't this be in the microsoft section seeing as its xbox ecxlusive?

AgnesIO
25-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Too much halo like for my taste (high jump and shields and invisibility and really high health counter) so im not going to be buying.

Shouldn't this be in the microsoft section seeing as its xbox ecxlusive?

Ah man it's only on xBox.

Lammeee :L

Lost_Addict
25-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Ah man it's only on xBox.

Lammeee :L

Nah just the demo is. ;)

AgnesIO
25-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Nah just the demo is. ;)

Yeah I know that :P If I can't get any demo on PC/PS3 I simply won't buy.

Neil
25-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I honestly couldn't stand it, it was so sluggish I just couldn't enjoy it at all, I didn't have high expectations for it really but I expected at least a decent game with the amount people go on about it, although it is very nice graphically.

dbgtz
25-01-2011, 10:34 PM
crysis has never attracted me at all, the super suit thing looks bad and it looks like it focuses too much on graphics. I'd rather have killzone 3 which will probably perform better than crysis 2 in graphics (on ps3, dont bring pc bla bla) and looks much more fun.

Fez
25-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I honestly couldn't stand it, it was so sluggish I just couldn't enjoy it at all, I didn't have high expectations for it really but I expected at least a decent game with the amount people go on about it, although it is very nice graphically.

I thought it looked generic if I'm honest. I've seen better looking games in the PS3 launch catalogue, dead serious.

Didn't like it.

Firehorse
26-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Crysis 2 looks rubbish on console. It's about what medium settings on the PC version are, and with no Anti Aliasing. Other than that i'm sure the gameplay will be awsome as usual, and visually stunning.

Johno
26-01-2011, 08:56 PM
It's pretty good, but I doubt I'll be buying it.

samsaBEAR
26-01-2011, 11:50 PM
It feels so random, there's been so many times where I've started shooting first and the guy has turned and downed me in a few shots, I'm guessing its a connection problem but its putting me off playing it, which sucks because it is a good game, and it does look really good. I also hate how you have to collect the dog tags for the kills to register on your killsttreak, whichever brightspark at Crytek who thought that up should be sacked

Firehorse
27-01-2011, 08:19 AM
It feels so random, there's been so many times where I've started shooting first and the guy has turned and downed me in a few shots, I'm guessing its a connection problem but its putting me off playing it, which sucks because it is a good game, and it does look really good. I also hate how you have to collect the dog tags for the kills to register on your killsttreak, whichever brightspark at Crytek who thought that up should be sacked

Are you using a silencer? Are they using strength mode? Try strength whilst shooting, takes less ammo.

samsaBEAR
27-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Are you using a silencer? Are they using strength mode? Try strength whilst shooting, takes less ammo.
No and not that I know of, how do I know they're using strength mode?

Firehorse
27-01-2011, 02:07 PM
No and not that I know of, how do I know they're using strength mode?

Might be glowing red or something

Stephen!
27-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I also hate how you have to collect the dog tags for the kills to register on your killsttreak, whichever brightspark at Crytek who thought that up should be sacked

Probably to prevent camping. You actually have to move to earn the killstreak.

Chris
27-01-2011, 05:41 PM
I find kill streaks are quite hard to earn? I think best I got was a 4ks. :/

peteyt
28-01-2011, 02:41 AM
I'll probably buy for the PC.

I can understand people calling it generic but I suppose its came to the point where everything to an extent has been done. I mean Call Of Duty modern warfare series is just an updated world war film, just with better graphics, so yeah you could class it as generic, but it still is a great game and I bet Crysis 2 will be.

I enjoyed Crysis 1 because it wasn't just go in there shoot that, there was some interesting areas e.g. when your in the alien craft thing

samsaBEAR
28-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Probably to prevent camping. You actually have to move to earn the killstreak.
I suppose, but then it's a little bit unfair on people who mainly snipe, and naturally they would get kills further away, thus harder to get. It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's right for a FPS.
I also think the 'perk' which makes your suit beep when an enemy is near is pretty stupid, I'll be the first one to admit that when I hear it getting louder I cloak, hide around the corner and then wait for them to walk past before hitting them in the back

Stephen!
28-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Good news though, a PC demo has been confirmed. No idea on the date though. I expect sometime mid-feb.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!