PDA

View Full Version : Headlight change +rep

Jake
26-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Right basically my headlight has gone, bought a new bulb myself but halfords wanted £15 to replace it? There isnt a chance im paying that to replace 1 bulb so im jw does any1 know how to replace one? Ive opened the bonnet but i cant seem to be able to get behind the right headlight i looked on the internet and it just told me types of lights like how its attached in, Anyway my car details:

Ford fiesta Ghia
1.4l
97-98

Is it easy to replace myself or would i be better paying someone to do it?
Im in no rush i only use my car like twice a week to get to my second job (:

Cheers +rep all helpful answers.

GommeInc
26-01-2011, 07:08 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_replace_the_headlight_bulb_located_on_a _Ford_Fiesta

^ That may help. The screws are behind the grill. I have a feeling you should have a book with your log booklet that should tell you how to change things too :)

Metric1
26-01-2011, 07:22 PM
You really should replace them both at the same time because the other one is bound to go soon because they're probably the same age. Another reason to replace them in two's is because halogen headlights dim over time and if you have one new one and one old one it can be distracting to other drivers.

When I changed the headlights in my Accord, I did it myself. I had to take off some plastic piece to get access to one of the headlights and the other one was easily accessed by hand. If I were you and you can't easily access it I would just pay the $15 instead of risking injury to yourself and your vehicle.

Also, avoid handling the bulb by the glass, it will make it burn out a lot quicker!

danzooo
27-01-2011, 08:21 PM
definitely replace them both at the same time, if you still have the manual for it, instructions on how to change bulbs should be in it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!