PDA

View Full Version : Ever auditioned for a musical/theatre production?

Circadia
28-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Just wondering, since I'm auditioning for Billy Elliot the musical tomorrow. Its at the grand theatre in Blackpool and I was like ah what the hell might as well :P So, yeah ever auditioned to be in a musical/theatre production? :)

lawrawrrr
28-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Not out front but for the orchestra/band in the pit (:

Good luck!!!

Sharon
28-01-2011, 10:11 PM
No, I seriously couldn't act if I tried :'(

GOOD LUCK :D

Chris
28-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I haven't ever auditioned for anything like that, I wouldn't have the confidence. :L

Good luck! :)

Circadia
28-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Haha thanks! and I'm auditioning to help boost my confidence tbh :L

Conservative,
28-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I've auditioned for a few roles - in school and out. I'm auditioning for a film next year. Never got anything significant except school productions so meh, but good luck :)

Nicola
28-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I've audtioned for Annie several times and it was great fun, joining an Operatic Society was one of the best things I've ever done.

Good luck, I hope it goes well :)

Jacob
28-01-2011, 11:42 PM
School plays were hard enough! So no. Good luck with your audition!

HotelUser
28-01-2011, 11:44 PM
No!

I would be the worst actor ever, I would feel so embarrassed!

qaxzsw
29-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I've been in a few adverts before and was like very nearly selected for some straight-to-dvd film but I dropped out after being narrowed down to like 10 people for personal reasons. I can't remember exactly what it was as it was in like 2005 but it were like about some paedophile who gets reincarrnated as a 12yr old or something like that...

I would love to do theatre but I just don't have the time!

Phil
29-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I auditioned for Fame and due to not being able to sing/act I didn't get the part. I don't even knoe why I auditioned! :P. I auditioned for our school production of Hello Dolly and I played Rudolph, it's a very very small part! lol! I doubt I missed out on a good one by mch but the amount of rehearsing they had to do wouldn't have suited me at all so I was pleased with my little part in the long run.

Good luck with your audition xx

Circadia
29-01-2011, 11:32 AM
No!

I would be the worst actor ever, I would feel so embarrassed!

i bet you would be a great actor ;)

and thanks for the good luck guys :L!

Roxy
29-01-2011, 12:39 PM
nah i've only ever done school productions. i was a brother in joseph in year 6 and a munchkin in the wizard of oz in year 7, although that's about as far as my acting career goes :P.

one of my friends has taken part in a theatre production though and they absoloutely loved it, so if you like acting/singing/dancing then yeah go for it and good luck with the audition :).

Ajthedragon
30-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes and I got it. Never tried again. :P

Misawa
30-01-2011, 09:18 PM
No, I'm not an actor, despite what my IMDb page used to say.

Conservative,
30-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I've auditioned for a few roles - in school and out. I'm auditioning for a film next year. Never got anything significant except school productions so meh, but good luck :)

Just to add some detail...

at school:

Oliver in A Magical Musical Medley (primary school)
I was the White Rabbit in ALEX in Wonderland (because it's an all boys school)..
Hamlet in Hamlet
A brainiac (i think my character name was Kratnoff or something) in High School Musical
and my current part: Nicely Nicely Johnson in Guys & Dolls x]

and then outside of school nothing big, mainly local things but:

The artful dodger - Oliver (local drama group)
Buttons - Cinderella (Local panto)

and a few others..

OH and I was in a charity DVD x]

Eoin247
31-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I've only ever acted and sung in one play which was Oliver. I've done a lot of short acting pieces though for LAMDA as i do acting and public speaking gradings.

Good luck in your audition by the way :)

Jessicrawrr
31-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I didn't go to a theatre to audition, I auditioned at school, rehersed at school and performed at hull truck, dunno if it counts, but it was great :D
good luck xx

qaxzsw
31-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I forgot to say in my post, good luck! I dunno if you've auditoned yet but waiting is so hard, but it's worth it if you find out they want you! In a few of the adverts I did they left me waiting FOREVER but when you find out its so rewarding!

Circadia
31-01-2011, 07:43 PM
The audition was on Saturday But unfortunately i didn't get in. There's always other shows ;)

Inspiration
01-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Uhm I was in the school musical a few times , I was on a series before about 3years ago called teenage kics which was in irish but other than that no :)
BTW unlucky abbz ;P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!