PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God, I have no idea what is happening! <LOOK

Firehorse
29-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Now firstly i'm with virgin media on their 10mbps package and get around 7mbps download. Today for a while it went right down to 600kbps for a while and I was receiving about 700ms ping. This was because my brother was leeching away at our net speed downloading massive files during peak hours before he skipped off back to his boarding school. After kicking my brother off his macbook and restarting our router something unbelieveable happened to our speed.

I thought and still think it's an error because theres no way we could receive this speed through our telephone wire, and out ping is still worse than it normally is. I tried several different speed tests and all had similar results, still not believing them I loaded some content heavy webpages and they appear instantly, even after deleting my cache!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1133316973.png

The upload speed seems unchanged. Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

xxMATTGxx
29-01-2011, 05:56 PM
It's been happening to any speedtest I've done for months, well only the high download. Not the high ping you have on yours!

Firehorse
29-01-2011, 06:10 PM
ok, now it seems to have normalised itself once more

Recursion
29-01-2011, 11:11 PM
It's an anomilie, the pages loading is a placebo effect, you're still getting your 10Mbps expected speed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!