PDA

View Full Version : Blood Brothers,

iBlueBox
31-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Has anyone ever seen it? or the read the book.

Where reading it in english. It's so funny because, are schools just outside Liverpool, over the Mersey to be specific and its just so funny when reading it as no one has to put on a scouse accent, As everyone in my school has a scouse accent.

Conservative,
31-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Saw it and it's really good. Sad at the end though.

And the writer wrote it so that adults would play children - it's quite comical in some parts because of that.

Catzsy
31-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I have seen this five times. Twice in London and three times in the provinces. It is an amazingly, gritty, honest, down to earth, funny but poignant musical play. Willy Russell is a genius as far as I am concerned. If you get the chance go and see it.:)

Hecktix
31-01-2011, 07:59 PM
It is an excellent musical as Catzsy said, I've seen it in London and Nottingham, the show in the west end at the Phoenix is absolutely brilliant, it's not the tacky musical scene you tend to get nowadays it's real and moving and an excellent story.

-Weekends
31-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Reading it at school atm x made me cry ;[

Circadia
31-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Some people in my year are putting on the stage performance of it, not the musical basically, and i can't wait to see it :P but i heard its quite a good musical

Inseriousity.
31-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen it on the west end but I have seen it at a nearby theatre. was a great play that was funny, sad and you were really able to relate to the characters.

Despite that, funny you mention the scouse accent. I'm no good at accents and by the end of drama (hence why I saw it cos we acted some parts of it for gcse), I was really annoyed with this play lol.

Judas
31-01-2011, 10:13 PM
saw it starrin MEL C OUTTA DA SPICE GIRLS AS DA MUM and it was really good, the end is so sad oohohoho

.Shaun,,
31-01-2011, 11:43 PM
It's a good book, like someone said above tho its a sad ending! Had to do my GCSE's on this its really easy if you enjoy the book! :)

qaxzsw
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I've seen this twice with school as I studied it in Year 8 for english and Year 10 for drama, its a really good show!

-Sweex
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Like marilyn monroe. LOL.

love the book!!

LMS16
08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Like marilyn monroe. LOL.

love the book!!

... Then whens she's singing, you expect her to break into abit of Frank Sanatra :P

Its a good book, I got a C in my english GCSE from this book. I enjoyed it, spesh when I had to try a scouse accent when reading out :P

Lew.

Narnat,
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
In school we preformed a scene from it.

Mathew
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I've seen Blood Brothers just once, but my parents have seen it 4 or 5 times now. It's so well thought out and it really is the best musical / stage performamce I've ever seen. The ending is so sad though; the actress who played the Mother during the performance I saw was actually crying (not just acting). Phenomenal.

Willy Russell is a genius as far as I am concerned.
Couldn't agree any more. I did my GCSE Literature coursework on another of his plays.. "Our Day Out" - also set in Liverpool. Truly amazing works of art.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!