PDA

View Full Version : In regards to everyone being "hacked"

Slowpoke
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Here's a bit of advice (some might even call it common sense):

Add a bank pin to your account, it's there for a reason. If someone manages to access your account, they're powerless to take anything - except for what you're wearing and what's in your inventory.
If at all possible, get yourself to a bank and bank everything you're wearing and everything that's in your inventory before logging out.

And that's it, two things you can do to make your account completely safe!

:)

Thomas
02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Here's a bit of advice (some might even call it common sense):

Add a bank pin to your account, it's there for a reason. If someone manages to access your account, they're powerless to take anything - except for what you're wearing and what's in your inventory.
If at all possible, get yourself to a bank and bank everything you're wearing and everything that's in your inventory before logging out.

And that's it, two things you can do to make your account completely safe!

:)
and if they change the pass gg your 99's :)

Slowpoke
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Well that shouldn't matter as everyone should have set unguessable security questions. It really is just common sense although it seems not everyone was that worried before about account safety since Free Trade was removed. Now that it's back, everyone needs to ensure they've got all the necessary security precautions set

Callum.
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
To make your account completely safe? lol.

Good pass, recovs, email, members info, all info needed for a recovery, bank pin + empty invent etc when you log.

Think there's been people doing java drivebys if you go on any dodgy sites people send you too etc.

Eoin247
02-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I didn't use to have a bank pin, but when they announced free trade was returning i decided to get myself one. It really helps to know you can't lose your stuff. :)

Neversoft
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I didn't use to have a bank pin, but when they announced free trade was returning i decided to get myself one. It really helps to know you can't lose your stuff. :)

Aha, I did exactly the same. Haven't had a bank pin for the six years I have been registered on Runescape, but I felt I needed one now that free trade has returned. I usually log out with at least my fury equipped though, perhaps I should start banking that just in case. :P

Slowpoke
02-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Speaking of Furies, why has the price plummeted? I love my Fury :( </3

Kyle
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Price of fury has gone up it's like 12m atm since the rise in price of onyx for tokkul

If you do end up getting hacked and manage to get your account back, there's a handy thread on the rs official forums in the Account Help section named "Account Clean - Trial" that you can post in to have any details the hacker may have placed on your account totally wiped.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!