PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] "Abusing the reporting tool"

scott
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I just got told to stop abusing the reporting tool on habbo and got banned for using it after reporting someone for reffering to me as a "black *****" and a "black ****" "Ghandi" and "the son of rosa park".

I was really shocked when I got a reply straight away from reporting it to be told that I have to use the report tool for SERIOUS issues and not to abuse it, and then after the person continued to be racist I went to report again to be informed that I was banned from reporting for 10 minutes.

Nice one moderators :dance:

Jordan
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
They do that to me too, but thats cos I argue with them because they to jack **** when serious reports are reported. But I have also been banned for reporting genuine issues

scott
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
It's stupid - I'm not so bothered since it was my habbo that was black and I'm not irl but if I was and had to take abuse like that from them and they replied to me like that then that's just ridiculous

HotelUser
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
If it was upto me I'd dismissal the lot of them

Mark
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome to Habbo 2011!! Ridiculous imo, I wonder if Redtiz will read this :o

Chris
02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Typical habbo moderators. I dont know how they still have their jobs. :L

Plus, how was that not a serious issue?

AgnesIO
02-02-2011, 11:50 PM
To be fair, I think habbo mods are really clever.

If you just pretend no serious reports are being sent in, it makes it look like habbo is super safe!

Genius :L

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 12:08 AM
To be fair, I think habbo mods are really clever.

If you just pretend no serious reports are being sent in, it makes it look like habbo is super safe!

Genius :L

True but then you treat everything as a joke and then something serious happens and the news finds out and everything goes to pot.

Eoin247
03-02-2011, 12:15 AM
I got warned a few times for report "abuse" even though i've never reported a non genuine report.

Samantha
03-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Yeah Scott I got called things like a '******' etc and they did nothing at all.
It's rediculous.

Zuth
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Habbos Getting Stupid.

Catzsy
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
They say 'put them on ignore' but seriously that's bad. Racism should be stamped out and the people doing it banned. Ignore flooding, annoying people yes but ban this sort of stuff. I don't think you abused the tool by the sound of it.

RandomManJay
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Maybe that's the strategy they've taken; Don't do anything, dont encourage it, dont aggrivate it and just ignore it and it will go away on it own. It's a good phylisophy, but it can take ages before any outcome can be seen, and theres no way of knowing if it will have any permanent effect.

Still, it shouldn't be tolerated and those moderators should be ashamed not to think of what it might to do people who are black, or any ethic origin. Just because they're being represented by a bunch of pixels doesn't mean they won’t be affected just the same as any other person.

They say 'put them on ignore' but seriously that's bad. Racism should be stamped out and the people doing it banned. Ignore flooding, annoying people yes but ban this sort of stuff. I don't think you abused the tool by the sound of it.

scott
03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't even think the moderators read the report because I swear as soon as I reported them I got the message back saying it's for serious abuse only lol :S

Josh
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Maybe that's the strategy they've taken; Don't do anything, dont encourage it, dont aggrivate it and just ignore it and it will go away on it own. It's a good phylisophy, but it can take ages before any outcome can be seen, and theres no way of knowing if it will have any permanent effect.

Still, it shouldn't be tolerated and those moderators should be ashamed not to think of what it might to do people who are black, or any ethic origin. Just because they're being represented by a bunch of pixels doesn't mean they won’t be affected just the same as any other person.

They say that AUTOMATICALLY, to everything though. Just slack-ness.

ChickenFaces
03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Score one for the failing moderators.

They always listen to my calls for help I just pretend cry and they're like omg bans the other kid.

Slowpoke
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Habbos Getting Stupid.

Getting stupid? :P

Jin
03-02-2011, 02:34 PM
See I still think the hotel was much better moderated during the Hobba program.

Bext
03-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Even though I agree with the hobba program, Im wondering if the sheer size of habbo is inhibiting its mod service,they need to stop being stingy and hire more mods.

I usually get my reports responded to well but one time someone said to a girl with a 1999 birthdate in her habbo name 'Im going to find out where u live and have s*x with you, whether you like it or not'

I reported and mod replied 'Please tell me what is going and and give me more information...i dont understand'

flatface
03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Same thing kinda happened to me, I reported someone for being extremely racist and insulting yesterday as well as saying inappropriate things directed at under age children which I would consider to be quite serious yet the moderator didn't mute or ban the individual and I was told to just "ignore annoying Habbos"

Catzsy
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
See I still think the hotel was much better moderated during the Hobba program.

Totally agree and they were visible and present to help.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!