PDA

View Full Version : Luis Suarez scores on Liverpool Debut Vs. Stoke

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Luis Suarez scored on his Liverpool debut as the Reds began their post-Fernando Torres era by beating Stoke.John

Carew had a strike which went wide before Suarez rounded Begovic and saw his shot go in despite Andy Wilkinson's attempt at a sliding interception.

So far so good. Hopefully this is a sign of new things to come. Very early I know (first game and all) but I'm already beginning to think (and hope) that he will be more than a replacement for Torres.

StefanWolves
03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
You haven't got a clue. Well done. Liverpool just about beat a team who'll probably finish 12th. Big high five!!!

mynameiswootzeh
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
He did look good but it really is too early to judge.

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
You haven't got a clue. Well done. Liverpool just about beat a team who'll probably finish 12th. Big high five!!!
And how are wolves doing? Oh, let's not go there shall we. I was simply stating he scored on his debut, when he hasn't even trained with the team yet and came on as a sub with 20 minutes to go? That's an achievement for most.

He did look good but it really is too early to judge.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to how he performs on Sunday.

Andeeh
03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
And how are wolves doing? Oh, let's not go there shall we. I was simply stating he scored on his debut, when he hasn't even trained with the team yet and came on as a sub with 20 minutes to go? That's an achievement for most.

Hey, who needs to go to places like Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge when you can go the Ammex next season!
I highly rate Suarez and it is a good start and at least he didn't have the problem when Crouch came of not scoring.

Banana Pancakes
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
it was a good start, pity he's a dirty cheat though.

.Shaun,,
03-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing him play in the future! :)

-Heart
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
So far so good. Hopefully this is a sign of new things to come. Very early I know (first game and all) but I'm already beginning to think (and hope) that he will be more than a replacement for Torres.
Andy Wilkinson* should of been given as an own goal. Be interesting to see how he fares, don't get your hopes up though, transfers like this have gone horribly wrong before, so don't be surprised if this one does too.

And how are wolves doing? Oh, let's not go there shall we.
Wow, really? You're really going to stoop to insulting our team when Wolves weren't even mentioned? What makes it even funnier is that we've not only beaten Stoke this season, but we've beaten your lot at Anfield and out-played them all game long.

Also, "Location: London" pretty much says it all.

FlyingJesus
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
In my view it was an own goal, from the movement of the ball it looked to be going either wide or tapping onto the post before Wilkinson slid in. Good movement to get to the shot but if you're gonna finish like that on an open goalmouth maybe you should rethink your position

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Andy Wilkinson* should of been given as an own goal. Be interesting to see how he fares, don't get your hopes up though, transfers like this have gone horribly wrong before, so don't be surprised if this one does too.

Wow, really? You're really going to stoop to insulting our team when Wolves weren't even mentioned? What makes it even funnier is that we've not only beaten Stoke this season, but we've beaten your lot at Anfield and out-played them all game long.

I've supported Liverpool since I was 2 and been a mascot. Just because I live in London what difference does that make?

And it wasn't Andy Wilkinson, it was still going in therefore it was Suarez's goal - it's only if a shot going over/wide is diverted into the net is it an own goal.

Oh and we beat you at the Molineux and totally destroyed you, not just outplayed.

Suarez is looking good, I don't mind what he did for Uruguay, it shows he's passionate about winning and ready to risk anything.

Banana Pancakes
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I've supported Liverpool since I was 2 and been a mascot. Just because I live in London what difference does that make?

And it wasn't Andy Wilkinson, it was still going in therefore it was Suarez's goal - it's only if a shot going over/wide is diverted into the net is it an own goal.

Oh and we beat you at the Molineux and totally destroyed you, not just outplayed.

Suarez is looking good, I don't mind what he did for Uruguay, it shows he's passionate about winning and ready to risk anything.

what about biting the opposition?

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
what about biting the opposition?

that's assault. I don't think he'd take it that far? I just meant he'd go in for a risky tackle if he had to, or as he did at the world cup - get sent off to save his team.

FlyingJesus
03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
You obviously don't know much about your new hero

Banana Pancakes
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
that's assault. I don't think he'd take it that far? I just meant he'd go in for a risky tackle if he had to, or as he did at the world cup - get sent off to save his team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_4jioyxn6k

nope he took it that far.

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Oo lol. Didn't know about that :l oh well, he's still a good, passionate player.

Spuds
03-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Suarez is a horrible human being and as of yet, simply a footballer. He is not a world class football, he is merely a footballer. The Dutch league is a horrible league to judge. A player can look good in that league but come to England and be appalling. For every gem such as Nistelrooy you'll always have your Georgios Samaras, Afonso Alves, Ryan Babel... the list goes on. His goal last night was appalling. He totally misjudged the position of the defender and the condition of the pitch. I'll reserve judgement till the end of next season.

I can't wait to witness what he'll do against the likes of Shawcross, Henry, De Jong and Barton. The man is a joke. No doubt he'll try and bite them too. His antics in the world cup were a disgrace. A man who is disliked by many within the game. Then again he'll fit right in with Carragher, spitting at Torres's feet in training.

R.I.P Nelly

mynameiswootzeh
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Why did you list Shawcross there? He's a lickle baby compared to the others.

Matthew
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Oo lol. Didn't know about that :l oh well, he's still a good, passionate player.

A bit too 'passionate' if you ask me!

Good luck to him though.

.Shaun,,
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Suarez is a horrible human being and as of yet, simply a footballer. He is not a world class football, he is merely a footballer. The Dutch league is a horrible league to judge. A player can look good in that league but come to England and be appalling. For every gem such as Nistelrooy you'll always have your Georgios Samaras, Afonso Alves, Ryan Babel... the list goes on. His goal last night was appalling. He totally misjudged the position of the defender and the condition of the pitch. I'll reserve judgement till the end of next season.

Tbh I think everyone needs to give him a chance whilst he's in England.
I can't wait to witness what he'll do against the likes of Shawcross, Henry, De Jong and Barton. The man is a joke. No doubt he'll try and bite them too. His antics in the world cup were a disgrace. A man who is disliked by many within the game. Then again he'll fit right in with Carragher, spitting at Torres's feet in training.
R.I.P Nelly

Tbh I think everyone needs to give the guy a chance whilst he's playing in the premier league. It was his first game at home, infront of the kop so his nerves would of been high, lets see how he does in the future.

-Heart
03-02-2011, 10:29 PM

You need to learn the definition of both own goal, and then learn the definition of "destroyed" because you got lucky, and 3-0 definetely flattered your lot. You were expected to beat us, we weren't expected to beat you, at ANFIELD too. Ofcourse it makes a difference if you live in London? People use the "I've supported them since I was however years old" - I don't give a ****, they were still successful then if not MORE successful. And you can hardly support a team at the age of 2.

Suarez is a ****, there's no denying that. There's solid evidence to prove that and some of the **** he comes up with in the press really is laughable. Still, there's no doubt he's a talent, but don't get carried away.

Conservative,
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
You need to learn the definition of both own goal, and then learn the definition of "destroyed" because you got lucky, and 3-0 definetely flattered your lot. You were expected to beat us, we weren't expected to beat you, at ANFIELD too. Ofcourse it makes a difference if you live in London? People use the "I've supported them since I was however years old" - I don't give a ****, they were still successful then if not MORE successful. And you can hardly support a team at the age of 2.

Suarez is a ****, there's no denying that. There's solid evidence to prove that and some of the **** he comes up with in the press really is laughable. Still, there's no doubt he's a talent, but don't get carried away.

In association football (soccer), an own goal occurs when player causes the ball to go into his or her own team's goal, resulting in a goal being scored for the opposition.
The fact that the defending player touches the ball last does not automatically mean that the goal is recorded as an own goal. Only if the ball would not have gone in the net but for the defending player would an own goal be credited.

And when I was 2, 1998 - Liverpool weren't that successful? In fact, the most successful we've been since I was alive was probably 2007 - FA Cup & Champions League Final.

I can tell you what my parents told me, how I became a Liverpool fan. Basically, during 1998 World Cup, my parents let me watch the matches. I watched England Vs. Argentina and immediately liked Michael Owen (however a 2 year old shows that...probably pointing and going "GO!" or something). Then as I grew older 3/4/5 Michael Owen was my idol - and he played for Liverpool, hence why i started following Liverpool. I started through the player, not the team. I don't see how me living in London could ever come into it? I just happened to like a player that played for Liverpool and then have supported them since. If I was a glory hunter I would've chosen Man U probably.

And, okay you were the underdogs fair enough, you played well and beat us I'm not going to say you didn't deserve to win because you did. But we beat you 3-0 at your home ground, expected or not, and we earned that same as you earned yours.

Matthew
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Tbh I think everyone needs to give the guy a chance whilst he's playing in the premier league. It was his first game at home, infront of the kop so his nerves would of been high, lets see how he does in the future.
I doubt that he knew much if anything about the kop :P

StefanWolves
04-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh dear.

---------- Post added 04-02-2011 at 11:13 AM ----------

That's actually hilarious.

Cool story, bro
And when I was 2, 1998 - Liverpool weren't that successful? In fact, the most successful we've been since I was alive was probably 2007 - FA Cup & Champions League Final.

I can tell you what my parents told me, how I became a Liverpool fan. Basically, during 1998 World Cup, my parents let me watch the matches. I watched England Vs. Argentina and immediately liked Michael Owen (however a 2 year old shows that...probably pointing and going "GO!" or something). Then as I grew older 3/4/5 Michael Owen was my idol - and he played for Liverpool, hence why i started following Liverpool. I started through the player, not the team. I don't see how me living in London could ever come into it? I just happened to like a player that played for Liverpool and then have supported them since. If I was a glory hunter I would've chosen Man U probably.

And, okay you were the underdogs fair enough, you played well and beat us I'm not going to say you didn't deserve to win because you did. But we beat you 3-0 at your home ground, expected or not, and we earned that same as you earned yours.

Banana Pancakes
04-02-2011, 11:21 AM

lets's be honest you can't call him a glory hunter.
the guy supports Liverpool for goodness sake, they're doing awful atm.

Spuds
04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Why did you reply with this to my post? Did you quote the wrong post? Just wondering considering you've tried placing it against me when I said I'll give him time to prove himself? Bizarre.

StefanWolves
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Haha your clueless. Suarez was good in the Micky Mouse leaguer that is the Eredevise but he'll be nothing like that in PL.

Conservative,
05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Haha your clueless. Suarez was good in the Micky Mouse leaguer that is the Eredevise but he'll be nothing like that in PL.

I don't go researching my team players because I'm not interested in their past? I'm interested in their future at the club.

And actually Eredevise is up there with the rest. The top 5 leagues are; PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga & Eredevise.

StefanWolves
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't go researching my team players because I'm not interested in their past? I'm interested in their future at the club.

And actually Eredevise is up there with the rest. The top 5 leagues are; PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga & Eredevise.
LOOOL Eredevise 'Is up their' quote if the year. The Portugese league, Russian league and SPL are better than Eredevise

Conservative,
05-02-2011, 12:51 PM
LOOOL Eredevise 'Is up their' quote if the year. The Portugese league, Russian league and SPL are better than Eredevise

Portugese has 2 decent teams - Benfica & Lisbon, SPL is rubbish, Russian League..WHAT? I'd argue the French League was better than that.

matt$
05-02-2011, 12:56 PM
the goal suarez scored against stoke was ****.

StefanWolves
05-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Portugese has 2 decent teams - Benfica & Lisbon, SPL is rubbish, Russian League..WHAT? I'd argue the French League was better than that.
You reality think Eredivise is better than Ligue 1, Liga Portugese, Russian League (biggest up-coming league in Europe)?

You really haven't got a clue about football.

In terms of football Eredivise is on par with the SPL.

Where were the Dutch sides in the CL this year?

Conservative,
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
You reality think Eredivise is better than Ligue 1, Liga Portugese, Russian League (biggest up-coming league in Europe)?

You really haven't got a clue about football.

In terms of football Eredivise is on par with the SPL.

Where were the Dutch sides in the CL this year?

A league with 12 teams cannot compete until it becomes bigger. Sorry.

Ajax & Twente are in the CL? Lol.

And yes I think the Eredivise is better than Ligue 1, Liga Portugese & the Russian League.

The Russian League, as you kindly pointed out, is still UP-COMING. It's not at major-league status yet. It might be in 5-10 years. But it's not yet.

Ligue 1 is arguably about the same as the Eredivise. They both have teams which are quite good, but Dutch teams are generally better (Ajax, Twente & Eindhoven) compared to (PSG, Lyon & Marseilles). They are roughly the same but I'd but the Eredivise ahead because of the status of the clubs in it.

And Liga Portugese - as I said, there are only 2 clubs worth watching, Benfica & Sporting Lisbon.

FlyingJesus
05-02-2011, 03:06 PM

If you truly don't care about a player's past you probably shouldn't try telling people what he's like

Eredivisie have 2 possibly 3 ok teams. Ajax haven't been a real world contender since the 90s and the entire league is basically a training camp of feeder teams and post-prime players. I'd put the Championship above Eredivisie and Bundesliga these days

Conservative,
05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
If you truly don't care about a player's past you probably shouldn't try telling people what he's like

Eredivisie have 2 possibly 3 ok teams. Ajax haven't been a real world contender since the 90s and the entire league is basically a training camp of feeder teams and post-prime players. I'd put the Championship above Eredivisie and Bundesliga these days

I said Bundesliga, but Championship? Lol...

Spuds
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I said Bundesliga, but Championship? Lol...
The Championship is actually a very good standard, a number of teams would succeed in Holland.

StefanWolves
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
The Championship is actually a very good standard, a number of teams would succeed in Holland.

Some say the championship is the 4th best league in the world.

JackBuddy
05-02-2011, 10:18 PM

R.I.P Nelly
Ajax players, historically have proven to settle and adapt better than players from other Dutch clubs. I've watched him since the summer and I think Suarez will do alright in the PL, as would Falcao from another weak league. I actually reckon he's the closest thing to Tevez/Aguero in terms of playing style out there. I'm sure Liverpool weren't naive enough to buy him purely because of his 49 goals last season. It does however depend how KD plays him, because at Ajax he played off a target man (el Hamdaoui/Mido). I just hope he isn't shoved wide like Kuyt was. Wenger criticised Spurs when we signed a player that was 'too lightweight' in Modric from the Croatian League and look what he's turned out to be. His link-up play showed early promise in that match and I'm pretty pissed off that Harry passed the opportunity to sign him. He didn't think he was strong enough to lead the line for us but I though he'd be a good addition anyway. We'll have to wait and see though.

I don't see what the big deal was over the Ghana game in the world cup. Yeah, it was unsporting and his reaction to the missed penalty was bad but I'd handball it if it meant staying in the competition. OGS has done something similar for United.

I actually think that if Babel was at the right club & given a chance he'd do alright.

Matthew
05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I agree, the Eredivise has nothing at all on the premier league.

Its fair enough being a good player in the Eredivise, but the PL is a completely different ball game (:P)

I think he'll do ok, but not brilliantly.

CHA!NGANG
06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
There's nothing saying he'll be world class because he was there, but again there's nothing saying he wont be either, it's just a matter of waiting.

As for the leagues debate.. bloody hell.

Ligue 1 is miles ahead of the dutch league. And the championship being better then the German league? Wow..

The dutch league in recent times has gone down.. a lot.

Spuds
06-02-2011, 01:17 PM
PSV 10:0 Feyenoord

lol.

StefanWolves
07-02-2011, 09:22 PM
End of thread.

Edited by Infectious (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts, thanks!

JackBuddy
08-02-2011, 02:48 PM

Bundesliga is on the up. Most of the clubs are run very well financially, great fans and most exciting football to watch in Europe imo.

StefanWolves
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Bundesliga is on the up. Most of the clubs are run very well financially, great fans and most exciting football to watch in Europe imo.

Bundesliga is the upcoming league (along with Russian League) however its still way behind PL and La Liga - plus clubs from England pluck players out of Bundesliga at will.

JackBuddy
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Bundesliga is the upcoming league (along with Russian League) however its still way behind PL and La Liga - plus clubs from England pluck players out of Bundesliga at will.

They're not as vulnerable from poaching from other leagues as they used to be.

StefanWolves
10-02-2011, 11:54 PM
They're not as vulnerable from poaching from other leagues as they used to be.

Yes but they still are, Dzeko £27m to City is a prime example.

JackBuddy
11-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Yes but they still are, Dzeko £27m to City is a prime example.
BUT you have to consider that Wolfsburg aren't in a good position, the player wanted to move and £27m is a lot of money. It's like Barca coming in for Agbonlahor for £40m.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!