PDA

View Full Version : Jagex to take legal action against bot companies.

Eoin247
04-02-2011, 06:56 PM
*REMOVED*

is the main bot company. Could this be the end for RS bots?

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post the names of bots thanks!

Aidenn
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
It most certainly wouldnt surprise me, its been done before.

Ras
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
No, it won't be the end.

As long as there's a demand there will also be some supply.

Thomas
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
no it won't they won't win, they close down one site we just open it up under a new name happened last time :l

Chris
04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
No matter what they do they will never stop the botting and rwt. Pointless. :L

Stephen
04-02-2011, 07:38 PM
imo I think bots are killing eachother anyway. Anyone see about the bot beginning with power? People randomly started getting hacked so everyone blamed the bot beginning with power. But because power were too afraid to say that their bot was hacked and replaced by a bot with a virus a month or so ago, they go and say it was someone who doesn't code for the bot beginning with power anymore. Then yesterday or today some guy posted on their forums saying that he exploited the bot and has thousands of account details so now the bot beginning with power might be history soon for lying about their mistakes and blaming their competition

Callum.
04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post the names of Runescape bots!

Stephen
04-02-2011, 08:01 PM
good start to free trade.

The largest rs hacking ever

Thomas
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
i have never used *REMOVED* yet i was hacked?

Edited by AidenFTW24 (Forum Moderator) Please do not post names of Bots! Thanks

Kyle
04-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Were you hacked or did Jagex just rollback your items?

anyway they can't stop botting... There's always new ways to distribute bots.

Stephen
04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
yeah if you get rolled back for botting then there's a chance your items that they think might of been got from the help of botting get removed aswell. So if you made ****loads of money then chances of them removing your items too is high

Callum.
04-02-2011, 08:23 PM
there are quite a few rumours on people who got hacked. some blaming one bot, some another. i think the key thing is that with free trade it was a easy way to make tons of cash by just logging the information. if you do redevelop the bot later, you're still going to get tons of users so it's a win-win. think about it, you own the bot, free trade comes back, why not make yourself a few billion cleaning out accounts, you're already promoting an illegal thing anyway.

Kyle
04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
yeah not like they are gonna admit to botting when they realise the developer has robbed their crap cos they will just get banned

Eoin247
04-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Ok for new people to this thread i'll just describe what's happened, as my original post got removed for mentioning the company in question that's involved with botting.

Essentially one of the most (if not the most) prominent bot makers is getting sued by jagex, the link i had posted provided some info about it.

Kyle
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
habbo did this in the past with jewlake but i dont think it got 2 court, just the website got shutdonw

Rashelly
04-02-2011, 11:29 PM
They'll never stop botting or RWT but good on them for trying... People are making a lot of money from such things, Jagex have a right to sue.

Eoin247
04-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Blizzard managed to pretty much get rid of botting in wow. They took successful action against various bots and succeeded (wowglider i think it was called).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!