PDA

View Full Version : looking for 1 more person to join!

Thomas
05-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Eoin and me have made a server for just me and him but its camibul of holding 1 more person before the lag starts so were wondering if 1 more person would like to join. there only one thing. since servers aren't cheap were paying for our selfs (£3.30) each so your going to have to pay to.

so post below if you want to join me and eoin on minecraft :)

btw its survival game so mobs is on also there no hmod so no /give commands so its 100% survival.

Eoin247
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Join us!

kano
06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
If you can only host 3 people then would it not be better to host this server on your pc. That way its free.

Chippiewill
06-02-2011, 11:10 PM
It's £3.30 per slot? pfft, you could just get a VPS which can runs twice the slots for the same price.

Thomas
07-02-2011, 05:16 PM
It's £3.30 per slot? pfft, you could just get a VPS which can runs twice the slots for the same price.
well i will be using my imac which will have i7 and a good amount of ram to run the server when i get it in about 2 weeks.

Chippiewill
07-02-2011, 08:34 PM
These days it's not the hardware that matters it's the connection that does.

Thomas
08-02-2011, 06:04 PM
These days it's not the hardware that matters it's the connection that does.
it will have a fll 5 bars since it'll be next to the router.

Recursion
08-02-2011, 07:01 PM

LOL good luck with that.

You need at least ~50 - 70Kb/s per person upload, then you'll need sufficient upload for clients to download the map at a reasonable rate and login without latency spikes.

Most home connections won't have the upload required for a decent server, let alone then adding latency over a wireless connection with a theoretical throughput of 54Mb/s (at best, guessing more like 30 - 40 Mb/s).

Oh also, Minecraft eats bandwidth allowance for breakfast.

Chippiewill
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM

And that tells me you do not have the expertise to understand the problem.

a) It is not the transfer between Computer and Router
b) If your computer is next to the router then get a bloody Ethernet cable out and plug it in wired rather than adding to the latency and speed problems.

---------- Post added 08-02-2011 at 08:07 PM ----------

LOL good luck with that.

You need at least ~50 - 70Kb/s per person upload, then you'll need sufficient upload for clients to download the map at a reasonable rate and login without latency spikes.

Most home connections won't have the upload required for a decent server, let alone then adding latency over a wireless connection with a theoretical throughput of 54Mb/s (at best, guessing more like 30 - 40 Mb/s).

Oh also, Minecraft eats bandwidth allowance for breakfast.
Yah, 270kbps is 700Gb per month, any sensible web host will throttle your arse for that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!